Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Doom 3 has gone GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

So it look's like Doom 3 has gone gold and will be arriving at shops on August the 3rd, personally i cannot wait to blast some spawn of the devil back to hell.

http://www.ua-corp.com/

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/?fid=toddh@idsoftware.com

ps i have review scans of PC Gamer dunno if im allowed to post them so if a mod would give me some input on the matter.

looks pretty cool. but im still waiting for OFP to go gold on Xbox

oh, im excited, its just that there's alot of other games that im waiting for:

OFP for XBox

Fable

Metal Gear Solid 3

Doom 3

GTA San Andreas

Is it really worth all that media and generall atention rock.gif , shooting monsters? Maybe its kinda fun but doesnt seem very interesting or revolutionary to me, meh... whats with all the talk about t-shirts anyway, do monster game really have such a big impact on fashion and clothing rock.gif .

Well I've pre-ordered it anyway.

Going to reformat the gaming rig, flush the water system, and overclock the hell back out of it again. Then it'll be ready for Doom 3.

Is it really worth all that media and generall atention rock.gif , shooting monsters?

Dude, we're talking Doom here. The mother of them all wink_o.gif

I'm sure as hell buying. Got too see what this baby 6800GT is good for in opengl. And like I said, it's Doom smile_o.gif

yea i guess but you will have this on your desktop in 3 or so weeks smile_o.gif

not me, i'll have to wait till it comes out on XBox sad_o.gif anything running on my desktop thats more advanced than Windows calculator and the PC goes kaput. piece of crap. lesson to who ever is looking for a new PC, never never never buy Gateway. in fact i wouldn't buy anything other than a Falcon NorthWest .

from what i hear you will deffinatly experience some choppyness on the X-Box in some of the scenes, even with it being toned down texture wise.

Dude, we're talking Doom here. The mother of them all  wink_o.gif

I'm sure as hell buying. Got too see what this baby 6800GT is good for in opengl. And like I said, it's Doom  smile_o.gif

Mother of FPS monster games rock.gif Sry but that genre never really caught my atention, it is good looking and i may try the demo but i doubt it looks any good on my GF4ti card, maybe after summer is over...

not much interested seems like painkiller with less monsters on screen

but ill give half life 2 a try for the mod CS Yes im a big CS player  tounge_o.gif

Woopdie Doo!  crazy_o.gif

well then go away then. The technology behind the game is whats going to really bring me in to this and probally scare me shitless, as i will only be playing this at night.

Well, I have some friends who like Doom, but still, what I said. SO, what technology is it that is so good about this new Doom?

It is so damn boring to shoot some unrecognisible creatures and monsters.

I'd prefer some games based on the real world not imaginary. I also "prefer" to shoot humans. I like tactics, military of the present and past not future. Survival horror games never took my attention.

Sorry, but since OFP came out no other game made me play it longer than an hour.

Besides, it's no fun to play a game to see the engine only. Deus EX was supposed to be a ground breaker. It sucked like an infant sucking his mother's tit. Far Cry- the same.

AI,AI, people that's what it's all about and creepy sound effects in dark rooms.

from what i heard the levels will be destructable. other than just shooting monsters there are creative ways to dispatch enemies. since the game takes place on mars, you could shoot out windows and depressurizing the room than all the monsters will either get sucked out, or suphocate.

from what i heard the levels will be destructable. other than just shooting monsters there are creative ways to dispatch enemies. since the game takes place on mars, you could shoot out windows and depressurizing the room than all the monsters will either get sucked out, or suphocate.

The game would be 10'000 better if we had to kill human soldiers, seeing soldiers get sucked out of a window with a scream is mor efun then seeing a head with 8 legs and a weird mouth get sucked out

[imghtp://nikon.bungie.org/misc/stuntmutt/131.gif[/img]

But seriously, Im not all that impressed. I am looking forward to STALKER more than DOOM.

Romero quit a long time ago.

Quote[/b] ]It is so damn boring to shoot some unrecognisible creatures and monsters.

I'd prefer some games based on the real world not imaginary. I also "prefer" to shoot humans. I like tactics, military of the present and past not future. Survival horror games never took my attention.

Sorry, but since OFP came out no other game made me play it longer than an hour.

Besides, it's no fun to play a game to see the engine only. Deus EX was supposed to be a ground breaker. It sucked like an infant sucking his mother's tit. Far Cry- the same.

No offense but trying to put Doom3 in the same Catagory as OFP is silly, Doom aint supposed to be real, also on Deus Ex, i'm guessing the plot and the features it brought with it went over your head, you don't play Doom3 to see the engine, the pysics and the way the engine is made are part of the the game, it adds to the horror and the scaryness factor of the game.

469881_20031205_screen002.jpg

http://www.100quake.com.ar/pics/wallpapers/doom3_zombies_1024x768.jpg

look at how the shadows go over the player models, imagine playing this game in the dark with 5.1 surround smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

The game would be 10'000 better if we had to kill human soldiers, seeing soldiers get sucked out of a window with a scream is mor efun then seeing a head with 8 legs and a weird mouth get sucked out

I don't really think you get Doom, did you ever play the original?

I am gonna get it, i like creepy games. Aliens v Predator on the old Atari Jaquar was one of my faves. Doom 3 gives me a reason to finally give my PC an overhaul.

I am more excited about the Call of Duty expansion and KOTOR 2 but that doesnt take away from me wanting to get Doom 3.