Sign in to follow this  
radiant

Cheat and cheat prevention discussion

@ Aug. 15 2004,18:02)]These Advanced files must be wrong.. becuase everyone who connects gets the error message or checkfile error

thats beacuse they are scanning for shit that players dont have,

so if they scan for

cheats/merched.pbo (or whatever)

and i conect, i do not have the file and the server does not have the file nothing will show, now if i have that file it will show i have it

as for the regular two merged files, its 50/50 they will get one error the the other, now if they have both then its possible they are cheating, but to sort thru that is impossible and a waste of every ones time, and is in no way a proper file check

and your missing the fact i have run OFP servers for 3 years and have more experience online in OFP then you do and understand the fact that and folder can be renamed so scanning for a specific folder is pointless

it's time you understand the fact that a cheater wont name his mod folders cheats lol

LOL, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. We check for CLASSNAMES, not pbo names. And for your three years, i am a server admin for 6 years now, following your string of arguments that would make me automatically right in all discussion that we two have.

@all: you have to copy the merged.pbo from res\dta\hwtl to res\dta on the server for all the checks to work. Go to ALSR board. You will find more info there. And YES, the checks work even for files that you do not have installed.

i know that

if you could actually read past your own posts you would see that, you're still scanning for "classes" that will not exist half the times thus failing by only being 50% effective

and if you did the math © 1997 ROUGHNECKS.ORG means I have been setting up game servers longer smile_o.gif and in over 12 different games

@@@@And YES, the checks work even for files that you do not have installed.

we're discussing the failures on HWTL and non HTWL smile_o.gif as users in this very form have even said, merged and data errors fail left and right, but you missed those posts entirely

I don't get any merged errors, so if i argue like you, this means that others can't get merged errors either. Oh, i guess it doesn't, as i am not master of reality and one and only judge of truth and reality malboeuf. LOL.

And all those checks work 100%. I know it cause i use them every day. And alhough you do not use them i guess you will know better again, without having tried ever.

Well, you can't force anyone, if you don't want working checks against than i can't help you. But i think it's really sad that you spread your fud here, this only makes it worse for admins that do want to inform themselves.

where do you get never tried from? You have to really stop asuming shit, that goes for your so called guesses on server outputs to player wants and needs,as soon as suma posted the new style of file checks we tested lots

the differance is we dont want to see fille check errors on our servers (we still have an advance File Check system), we know the files will be checked, and we are not going to scan for randomly named files as you have listed, its pointless since they wont give an acurate result, thats something you dont seem to understand

Our server is used 10 times more as yours is, if i had to sort threw your fked up file check format i would go nutz kicking players that simply dont cheat or have no cheats on thier system

we have research almost all file check errors in the past 3 years and know why most show up as errors AND which ones simply not to check as per BIS's advise so we just dont check those since the fact they are NOT RELIABLE and can accuse an innocent of cheating

mabey you should look back a few years and see this was all hashed out years ago of what to check and what not to Check as PER BIS's Advice

Our server is virtually Cheat Free since we run advance file checks and dont scan for mumbo jumbo like yours, yet your servers have "cheaters" and larger ban files - thats because your banning them with faulty information

our server has never had more then 15 players banned at the same time, and less then half were banned for cheating

Thats three years with more games played and which more ppl have used compared to your server 10 times over

get it yet?

can you do simple math?

Exactly the same comment applies in this thread.....

People if you're going to discuss a topic then discuss it in a calm, rational, mature manner. Please drop the aggressive posturing and flaming/flame baiting. It would be extremely sad if people got WL+ and/or PR's by allowing good intentions to be ruined by bad behaviour.

I would really, really hate to have to ban people because they're allowing their passion for stopping cheating to be misdirected.

Yep dont worry Placebo, Malboeuf and Benu will not go in holidays together, but guys like them still our last chance to have a clean and fair game without cheaters, as BIS have nothing to do with this problem anymore.

where do you get never tried from? You have to really stop asuming shit, that goes for your so called guesses on server outputs to player wants and needs,as soon as suma posted the new style of file checks we tested lots

LOL, I have to stop assuming shit?!? If anybody else had said that i would reconsider, but from you this sounds like a bad joke.

Quote[/b] ]the differance is we dont want to see fille check errors on our servers (we still have an advance File Check system), we know the files will be checked, and we are not going to scan for randomly named files as you have listed, its pointless since they wont give an acurate result, thats something you dont seem to understand

Try disabling checkfiles altogether if you rather not like to see warning messages. And why come i (and the admins from alsr) have reliable results using those checks?

Quote[/b] ]Our server is used 10 times more as yours is, if i had to sort threw your fked up file check format i would go nutz kicking players that simply dont cheat or have no cheats on thier system

Well, you have never seen my checkfile rules, but thanks for assuming so much about them, like that they are fucked up. Rather constructive, assuming and insulting. Not that i am surprised.

Quote[/b] ]we have research almost all file check errors in the past 3 years and know why most show up as errors AND which ones simply not to check as per BIS's advise so we just dont check those since the fact they are NOT RELIABLE and can accuse an innocent of cheating

I don't accuse innocents and i don't ban them. But people running several cheat pbos using a hacked ofp executable, from a modfolder that is named with a random string and is not shown on connect can not be assumed "innocent", or can they? Oh, i forgot, the supercheat i downloaded and analyzed does not even exist, as you said before.

Quote[/b] ]Our server is virtually Cheat Free since we run advance file checks and dont scan for mumbo jumbo like yours, yet your servers have "cheaters" and larger ban files - thats because your banning them with faulty information

Please post the exact line of your checkfile that detects the above mentioned cheat. I am always willing to learn. So that you know what we are talking about:

-hacked executable

-randomly named modfolder, not shown on connect

-several pbos, containing scripts and other cheats

-aimbot and colored models

-islands without objects

-etc

All in one cheat. Please post your exact checkfiles line.

Quote[/b] ]our server has never had more then 15 players banned at the same time, and less then half were banned for cheating

I had only 4 cheaters, all in the last two or three weeks, all using the supercheat. Cheaterfree in the years before.

Quote[/b] ]Thats three years with more games played and which more ppl have used compared to your server 10 times over

get it yet?

can you do simple math?

The cheat is not 3 years old, they are only getting popular since a few weeks ago, so your numbers are meaningless. And according to your posts i can't do simple math anyway, so why do you ask at all?

Please Malboeuf, one single and simple question:

How do check for usage of the supercheat? Post your exact checkfile line. No "my server is this" or "i am admin for that number of years". Just one straight answer. Can you do this?

Quote[/b] ]checkfiles[]=

{

"Worlds\abel.wrp",

"Worlds\cain.wrp",

"Worlds\eden.wrp",

"Worlds\intro.wrp",

"Ch_wrp\abel.wrp",

"Ch_wrp\cain.wrp",

"Ch_wrp\eden.wrp",

"Ch_wrp\intro.wrp",

"addons\CheatActivator.pbo",

"addons\cheats.pbo",

"addons\DynamicRange.pbo",

"cheats\noe.pbo",

"cheats\bizon.pbo",

"cheats\g36a.pbo",

"cheats\steyr.pbo",

"cheats\flags.pbo",

"cheats\CheatActivator.pbo",

"cheats\cheats.pbo",

"cheats\DynamicRange.pbo",

"cheats\editorupdate102.pbo",

"xyz\anims.pbo",

"xyz\anim.pbo",

"xyz\misc.pbo",

"xyz\Merged.pbo",

"xyz\Hwtl\Merged.pbo",

"res\addons\noe.pbo",

"res\addons\bizon.pbo",

"res\addons\g36a.pbo",

"res\addons\steyr.pbo",

"res\addons\flags.pbo",

"res\addons\CheatActivator.pbo",

"res\addons\cheats.pbo",

"res\addons\DynamicRange.pbo",

"res\cheats\noe.pbo",

"res\cheats\Bizon.pbo",

"res\cheats\G36a.pbo",

"res\cheats\steyr.pbo",

"res\cheats\flags.pbo",

"res\cheats\CheatActivator.pbo",

"res\cheats\cheats.pbo",

"res\cheats\DynamicRange.pbo", "res\cheats\editorupdate102.pbo",

"res\bin\config.bin", "res\bin\resource.bin", "res\dta\anims.pbo",

"res\dta\anim.pbo", "res\dta\misc.pbo", "res\dta\Merged.pbo",

"res\dta\hwtl\merged.pbo", "res\xyz\anims.pbo", "res\xyz\anim.pbo",

"res\xyz\misc.pbo", "res\xyz\Hwtl\Merged.pbo",

"DYNAMICRANGE\ADDONS\DynamicRange.pbo",

"r-opfrtr.exe",

"speedhackNT.exe",

"NoObS Trainer +2.exe",

"NoObS Trainer +1.exe",

"NoObS Trainer.exe",

"ofphook.dll",

"hook.dll",

"textures.dll",

"ofpspamm.exe",

"ofpspam.exe",

"spee.dll",

" .bat",

".bat",

"3DAnalyze.exe",

"patch.exe",

};

This is our current one, catch nearly one cheater everday with one of the cheats mainly super

Please Westy,

Add the lines about config_GL.ini and config_DX.ini for the 2v2 GXX ladder.

Its a wireframe program.

WireFrameMode=0

DisableTextures=1 >>>>>ACTIF

DisableDrawing=0 >>>>>> DESACTIVER

FrameCounter=0

ForceSoftwareTnL=0

PerfLogging=0

ForceSmallTexture=0

EmulateHardwareTnL=0

DisableStateSwitches=0

EmulateCubeMaps=0

EmulatePS=0

EmulateBumpMapping=0

CountDown=0

EmulateMaxTxt=0

EmulateDX81=0

DebugLog=0

ForceVsync=0

ForceVsync2=0

Force100hz=0

ForceREF=0

Force16zb1=0

Force16zb2=0

Force32zb3=0

Force32zb4=0

NOLF2fix=0

GMDfix=0

MAFIAfix=0

LOTRfix=0

Forcezb=0

Forcewb=0

DisableLighting=0

KyroZBStencil=0

ForceShader11=0

ForceShader14=0

DisableTwoSidedStencil=0

EmulateDXT=0

SaveShaders=0

SkipShader11=0

SkipShader14=0

SkipShader20=0

ppShader=0

VoodooFlicker=0

ReefFix=0

ModShaders=0

ModTextures=0

Color1=0

Color2=0

ForceAniso=1

Vendor=0

Device=0

Many guys use it. Thx.

Malboeuf if you are cheater free for so long then tell us noobs how you do this. All you do here is discrediting ppl who try do inform others so give advise if you know everything to hold a server clean. Otherwise close your eyes on those topics.

crazy_o.gif I really lose intention to post here cause of ppl like you!

This was my last post in all BI forums regarding your answers/posts. Wasting time is never my intention.

Sic, can you give me some more lines for my filechecker mate?

@blackden

I reconsidered cause it is a program which could be placed everywhere on hdd to work. Therefore you will not detect the ones who put it in another directory!

Its only a simple cheat detection method. You will never get the ones whos really want to use those tools but noobs.

Malboeuf if you are cheater free for so long then tell us noobs how you do this. All you do here is discrediting ppl who try do inform others so give advise if you know everything to hold a server clean. Otherwise close your eyes on those topics.

crazy_o.gif I really lose intention to post here cause of ppl like you!

This was my last post in all BI forums regarding your answers/posts. Wasting time is never my intention.

Im not discrediting, im explaining that the half of the listed file checks I am seeing will simply fail due to other reasons and not actual cheats making them Useless

we've run our servers longer then most and we do have file check system installed, seeing file checks that can produce false cheat erros is in no way productive to this comunity,

I understand you want them to work but you're forgeting the fact that misinformation will fuel cheat arguements for months simply becasue you're giving the community server Admins improper file check

soandso has modified htwl/merged/hsneri233.paa (this is an axample)

joeblow sees this and calls him a cheater, he's SOOOOOOO sure he's a cheater because soandos is a beter player, but now because you have improper fiel checks you just branded an innocent a cheater because you dont fully understand OFP file system and usages - No one really does becase so many ppl have made new MODs making it even harder

plus the fact that the file can be renamed to what ever the cheater wants will effectivly by pass more then half those file checks where the other half fail due to OFP it's self

If you want to actually provide Proper file checks you will need an entire list, have all the main OFP files (worlds/ PBOs ect) and have them broken down to thier seperate Files and from there list what they are all use fore and WHEN they are used

try and do a file check on MFCTI for me

bet you any thing Half your players will fail because they all place the mods in different folders

am i getting my point across?

@blackden

I reconsidered cause it is a program which could be placed everywhere on hdd to work. Therefore you will not detect the ones who put it in another directory!

it's about dam time you starting to understand what I have been saying over and over for the past week

smile_o.gif

now we just need to make Benu understand

Im not discrediting, im explaining that the half of the listed file checks I am seeing will simply fail due to other reasons and not actual cheats making them Useless

You do not even know what i check for yet you assume my checks do not work. Actually they do work. Please tell me WHICH EXACT CHECK does not work if you claim something like this.

Quote[/b] ]we've run our servers longer then most and we do have file check system installed, seeing file checks that can produce false cheat erros is in no way productive to this comunity,

That is for every admin to decide. People that do not have modified files don't get warnings, i tried with cwc+res and goty edition. This will not hold true for some foreign versions of ofp, but that is acceptable for me.

Quote[/b] ]I understand you want them to work but you're forgeting the fact that misinformation will fuel cheat arguements for months simply becasue you're giving the community server Admins improper file check

Not on our server, all admins and regulars are informed what those warnings mean. And as most of our regulars use selfmade mods like nvg, compass, sound and texture mods they are used to the occasional message. Not that you get a message if you only use dynamic range or a skymod on my server. I do this all the time and do not get a modified message.

Quote[/b] ]soandso has modified htwl/merged/hsneri233.paa (this is an axample)

joeblow sees this and calls him a cheater, he's SOOOOOOO sure he's a cheater because soandos is a beter player, but now because you have improper fiel checks you just branded an innocent a cheater because you dont fully understand OFP file system and usages - No one really does becase so many ppl have made new MODs making it even harder

If he gets this message he has modified a texture in the merged.pbo. It is for the admin to decide if he wants to let those players play. And as this can be used for cheating nobody can demand to play on a server with such modifications. But this is part of the server policy and for every admin to decide for himself.

Quote[/b] ]plus the fact that the file can be renamed to what ever the cheater wants will effectivly by pass more then half those file checks where the other half fail due to OFP it's self

Wrong.

Quote[/b] ]If you want to actually provide Proper file checks you will need an entire list, have all the main OFP files (worlds/ PBOs ect) and have them broken down to thier seperate Files and from there list what they are all use fore and WHEN they are used

try and do a file check on MFCTI for me

Easy: #debug checkfile mfcti1.16\config.cpp

Quote[/b] ]bet you any thing Half your players will fail because they all place the mods in different folders

The folder does not matter for this check, as you don't check for file path but for used config.

Quote[/b] ]am i getting my point across?

No. You did not make any. You just repeated your denials again.

And you failed to give the answer i asked you about: How do you check if a player is using the supercheat? Post the exact checkfiles line.

Can we stop arguing, and do some constructiveness? biggrin_o.gif

Dunno if they can Westy... ;)

1 more caught yesterday... look this screen :

In your ass cheater.

Come on guys, we have to work, so as westy said, stop arguing, you seem like childrens who want show to all others who have the most big dick, its not the right place for do it.

i was going to post that Black, but i edited it, as i got like 15 people add me to msn lol.

How do you check if a player is using the supercheat? Post the exact checkfiles line.

He can't do so, therefore don't ask. You will never get any answer from him as I recognized.

lol, like i said we dont use file checks that fail

that screen shot does not prove he ws cheating

have you loaded the cheat your self and tested it? we have and we can by pass it that so its pointless, all you have dont now if the guy was cheating is allow him to alter it and thusly by pass your file check