Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I hate to be another "I can't get it to work!", but I have a problem.

I can run it as long as the postprocessing is disabled... but then the ground texture is super bright.

Anyone have an answer?

(yes, I searched the thread for hours, could not find answer.)

could anyone post a screen of their settings?

i dont have time to sit and test different settings to find the best.

iknow Mr Burns posted some screens earlier with his settings.

I hate to be another "I can't get it to work!", but I have a problem.

I can run it as long as the postprocessing is disabled... but then the ground texture is super bright.

Anyone have an answer?

(yes, I searched the thread for hours, could not find answer.)

Mess with the glare settings in the configurator.

i have a Nvidia riva TNT2 will it work on that ... i doubt lol biggrin_o.gif

Since i bought my 6600gt i always run ofp with dxdll and its just sweet biggrin_o.gif

This is one of the really cool mods as it can be run with ANYTHING in ofp without conflicts, like using ecp and finmod at the same time won't work.

I have just a small question that keeps bugging me..

Why can't the BIS water textures be changed for the reflective water to work? So instead of me wasting more time on trying to solve the problem you might maybe be able to inform me why.

There's two possible reason I can come up with:

1. The BIS .pac's used for the water are different than those created with texview and paa tool.

2. The textures are somehow checked by DXDLL.

Keep up the great work and hopefully we'll see some other unique features by you in the future.

so far i remember better support for reflective textures was on todo list ...

but then was any developmentl abadoned ...

and with no source code release or anyone to continue / extend / fix ...

I don't think there will be an update. There's no bugs in it. I vaguly remmember something that said no update planned, not 100% sure though.

There are bugs in dxdll! tounge_o.gifsad_o.gif

1.The sky goes black when flying very high with postprocessing on.

2.Tracers don't always show with enhanced tracers turned on.

3.The glare effect seems to screw up on radeon cards

4.Because object reflections are drawn from the previous frame, they can appear laggy.

Regardless of these bugs I still think dxdll is excellent and I will keep using it, but I would really like to see an update. biggrin_o.gif

edit: and on guns that are not suppose to have tracers, the enhanced tracers effect gives them black tracers

Why can't the BIS water textures be changed for the reflective water to work? So instead of me wasting more time on trying to solve the problem you might maybe be able to inform me why.

1. The BIS .pac's used for the water are different than those created with texview and paa tool.

Kegetys already answered that one. The water and nvg textures are checked by dxdll. Afaik the crc32 checksum of the first quarter of the first mipmap level is checked.

So if you know how to compute that and can find that value in the dxdll you should get any and all water/nvg textures to work.

I was not even able to find a good readme about the paa/pac format and my tries with some paas and a hexeditor have not been very successful sad_o.gif

Kegetys already answered that one. The water and nvg textures are checked by dxdll. Afaik the crc32 checksum of the first quarter of the first mipmap level is checked.

So if you know how to compute that and can find that value in the dxdll you should get any and all water/nvg textures to work.

I was not even able to find a good readme about the paa/pac format and my tries with some paas and a hexeditor have not been very successful sad_o.gif

Thanx alot.. must have missed that but it makes perfect sense. I'm no programmer/hex editer so I doubt I'd be able to fix it but I'll ask some friends who might. But hopefully Keg is working on a improved version with water that reflects the sky etc.

Quote[/b] ]i have a Nvidia riva TNT2 will it work on that rock.gif

anyone know the answer to this ??

Quote[/b] ]i have a Nvidia riva TNT2 will it work on that rock.gif

anyone know the answer to this ??

Yes.. It won't work as not even much newer cards like GF 4 mx works. You need to have a card that supports directX 8 effects like pixel shaders.

shot looks like ill have to invest in one .. a hell of alot of money that is.

shot looks like ill have to invest in one .. a hell of alot of money that is.

You can get a GF FX5200 for $50.. it's not a very good card but it is far far better than a TNT2. I am suprised anyone who plays games still has a TNT2 card. How about your other spec's?

Hi all

I have a XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra and Keg's water effects seem to work really nicely with it so far.  

However, I'm still using the standard OFP land and sky textures which have alot of room for improvement.

Can somebody please tell me what addons would be safest to use at this point?  The Llauma sky addon looks very nice, as do certain other explosion/tracer addons (FlashFX being one) but I'm not sure if these will conflict with DXDLL?

In short, does a 'safe list' of these types of addons exist?

Thanks in advance!

as far as i know, u can change everything except the water textures, to be compatible with reflections u just need the original water

Hi all

I have a XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra and Keg's water effects seem to work really nicely with it so far.  

However, I'm still using the standard OFP land and sky textures which have alot of room for improvement.

Can somebody please tell me what addons would be safest to use at this point?  The Llauma sky addon looks very nice, as do certain other explosion/tracer addons (FlashFX being one) but I'm not sure if these will conflict with DXDLL?

In short, does a 'safe list' of these types of addons exist?

Thanks in advance!

No addon will conflict with DXDLL unless they alter the textures used by DXDLL which are the water and the night vision textures (more.anim and night_sum). My latest sky pack doesn't alter the water texture but it has some new NVG vision textures so the new NVG effect wont work. I didn't know that a week ago..

I will compile a pack that is 100% DXDLL compatible and this time I'm telling the truth.

I wonder what will happen if you edit the waterbump.png file, perhaps you could change the water texture that way...? Or am I missing something?

I wonder what will happen if you edit the waterbump.png file, perhaps you could change the water texture that way...?  Or am I missing something?

Hehe.. I just finished some testing of a new bumpmap that simulates bigger waves. It's looking good so far.

There are already altered waterbump textures, i think they were even in this thread.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the little pixels on the night vision without compromising the dxdll features? I'm tired of everything being really blurry. I know InQ's nv textures get rid of the pixelation, but it also disables the dxdll fun nvg stuff. I want to be able to use night vision like in the screen shot in the first post in this topic.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the little pixels on the night vision without compromising the dxdll features? I'm tired of everything being really blurry. I know InQ's nv textures get rid of the pixelation, but it also disables the dxdll fun nvg stuff. I want to be able to use night vision like in the screen shot in the first post in this topic.

The screenshot is from FDF mod and they have new NVG's without grain, or it least with minimum grain. So as for now if you want that you need to play FDF.

There is a crappy (?) solution to make the NV-goggles better that I made long ago when the DXDLL was released. I use it because I think its the best right now.

Its clear NV-textures with 25% of BIS NV-texture left so DXDLL thinks that it is the right textures. That means I have clear NV-goggles but with small fields of grainy texture. But its ok until something better is made..

textures are found here

They are not crappy at all, i use them too. Thanks for those. Until we know how to calculate the checksums for other textures they are fine.