Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

BF42 is the most realistic military game

I was channel surfing and saw this show called filter on TechTV. The topic of the show was "The top 10 most realistic military games of all time".

They put Flashpoint at 7, the Rainbow Six series at 3, and BattleField 1942 at number 1. I almost pissed my self I was laughing so hard. It didn't even mention M1 Tank platoon, Steel Beast, IL2, Falcon, or any flight sim for that matter.

Good times.

*Falls over laughing*

BF1942 is Realistic, if every soldier runs around shooting whatever the hell he likes being a jackass to his squadmates and being an overall Idiot. They should rename it "Battlefield: What the hell am I doing again?" biggrin_o.gif

I shall never watch TechTV again.

To be politically correct it's G4TechTv. I never watch it, they aren't even real gamers, just wierdo's pretending to be them. Actually, It feels kinda good to have people want to be like you.

Further research reveals:

1. Battlefield 1942

2. America's Army

3. Rainbow Six 3: Rainbow Shield

4. Call of Duty

5. SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals

6. Medal of Honor Franchise

7. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

8. Conflict: Desert Storm

9. Day of Defeat

10. Vietcong

Even people who like those type of games agree that this list is moronic. One guy said that he only think one deserves to be on that list. Hmm..

TechTV? rock.gif BF number one? rock.gif

Man, OFP is just the best war sim around just not as popular as BF mad_o.gif

Further research reveals:

1. Battlefield 1942

2. America's Army

4. Call of Duty

6. Medal of Honor Franchise

7. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

8. Conflict: Desert Storm

9. Day of Defeat

10. Vietcong

Even people who like those type of games agree that this list is moronic. One guy said that he only think one deserves to be on that list. Hmm..

Should be:

1. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

2. America's Army

4. Call of Duty

6. Conflict: Desert Storm

7. Vietcong

8. Medal of Honor Franchise

9. Battlefield 1942

10. Day of Defeat

:P I only played some of these games, so I can be wrong but atleast is better than Techtv's list . biggrin_o.gif

You guys have it good here.. from my short 20 minutes of research on this topic I have found that 95% of the people replying in these forums are bumbling idiots :]

1. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

2. America's Army

4. Call of Duty

6. Conflict: Desert Storm

7. Vietcong

8. Medal of Honor Franchise

9. Battlefield 1942

10. Day of Defeat

:P I only played some of these games, so I can be wrong but atleast is better than Techtv's list .  biggrin_o.gif

I'd put Vietcong on #4 and put Call of duty on #10 together with MOH-series (they're both equally unreallistic)

You see, this realy makes me angry, no kiddin, it does.

How goddamn stupid can you be and then claim you are a "journalist".

Second time this week now I come into contact with an article that totally I mean realy totally spastic. I dont realy care that he is saying this or that about OFP but because whoever did this ranking has absolutely NO fucking clue about what he is talking. But often this is also some sort of strategy. The financial Times germany brought out half a page about our company (we are barely 40 people) and tried show that we are not as independant raters as we pretend to be.

The article was well researched but the guy unfortunately didnt have enough industry experience to read the traces in the sand.

It didnt harm us at all but it turned out that the financial Times is under pressure because they are loosing readers and the journalists are actually ordered to write "bullshit" if only it makes them swim against the stream.

I am not too sure whether they, with their ranking, wanted to represent the truth or just attract more attention in the MP community.

GAH!!

OFP at number 7 , i can't take that but BATTLEFIELD AT ONE?! man i think i'm about to puke!

must be because of votings , because man if those guys would've even played with the ten games for TWO MINUTES they'd know who is the best...

man, EA must've offered them a big sum... rock.gif

JESUS F&%@ING CHRIST!

BF1942?? Number 1?? YOU RETARDED BASTARDS!!!

I played that crap game at an internet cafe for a while when my home pc took a dump, and I couldn't find my OFP cd to install it there. That game sucked sh*t through a tube!

It uses "kits", meaning if you want a certain weapon you must take the whole damn kit that goes with it. And there are only 7 kits, each it goes with a certain soldier that has a certain use. That game is fine for little kids or for those monkies that love to play fast-paced gimp games like Counterstrike, but it is in NO DAMN WAY a realistic military simulation. Only ONE thing that it has that OFP doesn't, ability to swim. But I'd drown myself in paint thinner if I had to pick that crap over OFP!

I got one thing to say to those TechTV people after seeing that...

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, AND LEARN HOW TO DO SOME REAL REPORTING!

JESUS F&%@ING CHRIST!

I played that crap game at an internet cafe for a while when my home pc took a dump, and I couldn't find my OFP cd to install it there. That game sucked sh*t through a tube!

It uses "kits", meaning if you want a certain weapon you must take the whole damn kit that goes with it. And there are only 7 kits, each it goes with a certain soldier that has a certain use. That game is fine for little kids or for those monkies that love to play fast-paced gimp games like Counterstrike, but it is in NO DAMN WAY a realistic military simulation. Only ONE thing that it has that OFP doesn't, ability to swim. But I'd drown myself in paint thinner if I had to pick that crap over OFP!

A fully equipped soldier cant swim. Omaha beach should be the best WWII reference for that!

But I agree, nothing against BF1942 but it is just goddamn unrealstic.

Anyone has a link to their site?

JESUS F&%@ING CHRIST!

A fully equipped soldier cant swim. Omaha beach should be the best WWII reference for that!

Back in BCT we had to swim in full combat gear. Don'tt know what your talking about.

I need to take my medicine.

Whoa, chill out there bud. Taking the internet seriously can be hazardous to your health.

What?! Battlefield 1942 is at first place?!  crazy_o.gif

How stupid is that?

The power of realism

May I hold your parachute?

If Battlefield 1942 is the ¨most¨ realistical game in our time,

where is the commander and driver on the tanks?

Who ever made this list have no idea of what realism is  mad_o.gif

I wonder why OFP is a product of VDS1 which the U.S Army uses as a war simulator,

and still OFP is a ¨unrealistical¨ game for this people who made this list?

JESUS F&%@ING CHRIST!

Back in BCT we had to swim in full combat gear. Don'tt know what your talking about.

I dont doubt that, but you should also know that many of the Omaha soldiers simply drowned during the landing without being hit by a single bullet. Many landing boats opened their gates too early or because they were stuck in barrier.

BF42 Forgotten hope mod is what bf42 should have been.

@ July 09 2004,11:24)]Whoa, chill out there bud. Taking the internet seriously can be hazardous to your health.

Wha... This isn't serious?!?!? Where's that slipknot I tied when I heard that The Sims has sold way more than OFP:CWC?! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well, this is an outrage really... But as someone said not surprising... Just odd :o

By the way, didn't someone at those MOH forums claim that the list was a result of a poll done on the TV station in questions viewers?

Well, atleast OFP is one of the top 7 alltime games according to Swedish PCGAMER smile_o.gif