Sign in to follow this  
shockhorror

Predator Addon

Wow, Very nice job! I hope you can get it all done and not have any problems with it. This will certainly add a nice new element to missions. Especially MP. Good luck with it.

Damn forgot to reply to this thread. I can import stuff, the only hard thing about character models is actually defining the part of the body and memory stuff.

-For a self destruct thing, I guess it could just work in a way where a script acitivates a small nuke about 10-15 seconds after the predator dies.

-For sounds, I ripped many effects from the movie, including that wierd sound when it shows the predators viewpoint, the plasma fire, some of its screams, etc.

-What would be hard to do would be the melee attacks...they'd have to be high damage and really fast, so you'd have to make new animations and make it work like the axe and baton from FDF mod.

-It's possible making different sized models, look at the Halo mod, it has the grunts and other creatures, and also that singapore armed forces mod that had children.

dude sorry your a little late

i've got all the sounds ripped from movie/games

And the nuke HAS to be activated when your almost dead for realism because if you had more than one pred, and the nukes went off automaticly after they died, if you wasted them all then the game would get pretty messy, also i want the predator to say "mother fucker" then laugh like in the movies/graphic novels, which i have the sounds for but he needs to be alive.

Melee attacks are going to be hard but as i am going to start work on the USCM mod hopefully the script will be similar to the aliens attack.

But thanks for clearing up the size situation.

Psst...any updates on the predator addon???....new movie's gonna come up soon...damn..the first movie was an original mind blowing classic...cant wait to fire the rotating guns at it! wow_o.gif

sorry to dig it up...but any news?..Hunting season is on now..i would love to help, otherwise i may have to create my own..sigh...

predator3eg.jpg

This aint my work..not in a 1000yrs! wow_o.gif, but hope to achieve at least 70% of it if shockhorror doesnt come forth

This the guy who made it

prolly not

try ur own one philly

i havent heard from shock long time ago

and yes u can make soldiers taler

but dont use shift+ctrl but use the menu for this

it has the option of keepin the animation

other wise my aliens wouldt work right :P

darn...so much hopes for one of these...

Anyone has got really good textures or know where to get them for mapping it? Prefer full frontal, side views...not pics with the predator at angles. Angled pics cant be used for mapping.

That's... a bit high poly don't you think? I expect something like that in Doom 3. crazy_o.gif

I agree, you could lose a few polys just by having the webbing textured on instead. However my O2 knowledge is at about 0%.

Cap.

me agree three!..sure is too high even for today's processors if we gonna put 100 of these on a map! Thats why i am searching for realistic high quality textures to most of the meshes.

hey all sorry i haven't updated for a while,

i had some hugh problems with school and such and my comp fucked over, i think i backed up the predator but as i said (or not said i can't remember) i'm usless.

no idea what happened to prototype.

phill you can have the models but the sounds are too big to send.

who ever wishes to continue with it feel free to contact me. i just have a few requests: please make the mask is removeable like night vision, it would be so cool to see one of neph's colonists with a mask and spear like in the comics. and give him a ship i think i have a model you could stick a trophy room in back.

idealy it would be a fantastic bonus to the usmc mod, but i don't even have flashpoint anymore !

sad_o.gif

sad to hear

although ofp isnt too expensive anymore biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's... a bit high poly don't you think? I expect something like that in Doom 3

@ baphomet

even d3 couldnt handle such poly count

and that pred is created out of nurbs surfaces

d3 can do taht biggrin_o.gif

ive been messing aroudn with d3 for a while

and must say that the doom3 models are actually low poly...

the hell knight for example has ~1200 polys

the only thing that makes the look so detailed is the huge amount of renderign layers like there are used biggrin_o.gif

diffuse maps

normal maps

bump maps

if u layed these on a texture and put it in ofp

u have the same effect although the texture quality degrades a bit

@shock

i havent heard from proto along time aswell

@phill

pm me plz maybe a coop?

mrbean1112 read his post from 8 days ago, you think he's fixed those problems in just over a week? If he has news he'll post it.

I like the predator more than i like looking in the mirror biggrin_o.gif

he's great I have a 12 inch figure on my shelf with an alien and t800, and he WILL need

shoulder cannon

speargun

thermal/night/tracking vision

an ugly face

a removeable mask

put into a mod "Hunted" or "we are the prey"

flamethrower

wristblades

medical computer

plasmacaster

BIG bomb

spear

trophies around neck

some good prey to kill

it isnt a damn uav, its a predator, as in the moves with arnold schwarchaneggar and danny glover (correct me if im wrong, but at this point in time ive come back from a driking session)

so ther wont be any hellfire missiles (sorry to disapoint you) but read the rest of the topic before replying with "oh i want hellfires, or i want it to do this and that and the oither)

Wildo

P.S. i dont mean any offence, but it just looks like you 2 (2 posts up) have thought it was a UAV without reading the whole topic first sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sorry I have made a new thread.

sorry i dint mean to offend you in anyway (as you can now tell....im am not drunk but hungover sad_o.gif )

(sorry for going offtopic in anyway)

Wildo