Mister Frag

OFP videography

I figured out how to do the IR effect, quite fun biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: I just realised, they're Russians, and it made sence why you said "Why do they have an OH-58 lol." tounge2.gif

EDIT2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

I found some more movies by him, they are really good. thumbs-up.gif

A video I just made about the supposed Iraqi insurgents killed.

Anyway, a video made replicating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGiM4I8_Mo8

Using the IR effect, it was the first thing that came to mind that I could use for testing the IR effect in movie maker.

(Note: The rock music is there to stop it being a silent movie.) crazy_o.gif

P.S:

The Tragics of War.

lma watch the 3rd one when he passes the field in his car some cult or something is burning a horse in a big fire lmao rofl.gif

Using the IR effect, it was the first thing that came to mind that I could use for testing the IR effect in movie maker.

P.S:

The Tragics of War.

nice 1, how do you get that effect, is it the whatdoyoucallit? filter?

check outthis raf video, see how low they fly.. the guy has to duck..

(Note: The rock music is there to stop it being a silent movie.)  crazy_o.gif

P.S:

The Tragics of War.

Nice vid. Reminds me of a short vid I saw of Iraqis getting shot by a helicopter.

Also what song did u use?

Windows Movie Maker, standard with windows XP. wink_o.gif

hehe.

OH and to do the IR Effect... hold one will post it...

a few seconds later...

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums....ID=2530

Just follow the steps there to get the pack, make the folder it says (I use Windows Movie Maker, the one with XP, dunno what Movie Maker 2 is confused_o.gif , anyway, then go into the program and you'll find it there under effects as RT Negative, then just put a grayscale over it and it looks good, then add other effects to make it look nicer.

EDIT:

@Batdog

Its : Rob Zombie - Return of the Phantom Stranger and its based off the video you said, iraqi's being shotup by a Apache Gunship. confused_o.gif

RAMPAGE - THE BEGINNING

Irreverence Productions

The Movie tells the story, if u can call it that, of a soldier with a personal vendetta against the Army from which he was discharged years earlier.

Our latest OFP movie and its our best yet. pistols.gif

Youtube :

RapidShare:

http://rapidshare.de/files/34971062/Rampage.wmv.html

Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5647582962195136316

hmm , its not worth all this hype and 2 threads,so far hope it gets better , looks like you need to work on it a little mate.

6/10

fast music and slow motion just dont work for me.sry

(Note: The rock music is there to stop it being a silent movie.)  crazy_o.gif

P.S:

The Tragics of War.

I'm not entirely sure if this true or not but...

A while ago I was looking through some forums and the topic of discussion was that video of those "insurgents" being cut down.  Of course, many people felt that some innocent farmers had been murdered (They had a tractor!!!! ).  The interesting part is that one of the forum posters claimed that he actually knew the pilots in this video.  The story he told basically goes like this:

A convoy came under attack and called for help.  They reported that they were attacked by men on a pickup truck.  The copter was sent out and headed in the direction that the truck fled.  The people and pickup truck in the video were the only ones that they saw for miles.  Also, they waited and watched for a while to confirm that these people were indeed insurgents.  The men on the ground behaved in a suspicious manner, looking around to make sure they weren't being watched, before hastily running off to drop a long object in the field. The pilots concluded that this object was a used weapon and decided to open fire.  When they came back they weren't overjoyed about their the success of their mission.  They were just doing their job.

Unfortunately, there is a shortened version of the video out there that don't show the time period in which the pilots observed the potential targets.  The tractor seen in the video causes people to assume that these were not fighters at all, but farmers who were killed wrongly.

Whether you believe the story of the forum poster or conclude that the exchange seen in the video was not one of weapons is up to you.

Here's the URL to the longer video in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

http://video.google.com/videopl....s&hl=en

P.S:

The Tragics of War.

I'm not entirely sure if this true or not but...

A while ago I was looking through some forums and the topic of discussion was that video of those "insurgents" being cut down. Of course, many people felt that some innocent farmers had been murdered (They had a tractor!!!! ). The interesting part is that one of the forum posters claimed that he actually knew the pilots in this video. The story he told basically goes like this:

A convoy came under attack and called for help. They reported that they were attacked by men on a pickup truck. The copter was sent out and headed in the direction that the truck fled. The people and pickup truck in the video were the only ones that they saw for miles. Also, they waited and watched for a while to confirm that these people were indeed insurgents. The men on the ground behaved in a suspicious manner, looking around to make sure they weren't being watched, before hastily running off to drop a long object in the field. The pilots concluded that this object was a used weapon and decided to open fire. When they came back they weren't overjoyed about their the success of their mission. They were just doing their job.

Unfortunately, there is a shortened version of the video out there that don't show the time period in which the pilots observed the potential targets. The tractor seen in the video causes people to assume that these were not fighters at all, but farmers who were killed wrongly.

Whether you believe the story of the forum poster or conclude that the exchange seen in the video was not one of weapons is up to you.

Here's the URL to the longer video in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

http://video.google.com/videopl....s&hl=en

they have no proof that they were insergents.. that object they had could of been anything.. also theres only one guy in the pickup.. the truck will be used to carry what ever the farmers farming or plowing... also if you look the farmers been plowing half his field.. you can see the stripes where hes been going up and down... confused_o.gif

they just shot him becuase they thought they were insergants.. u knw what there like.. omg what is tht, omg looks like a gun lets mow them down.

they have no proof that they were insergents.. that object they had could of been anything.. also theres only one guy in the pickup.. the truck will be used to carry what ever the farmers farming or plowing... also if you look the farmers been plowing half his field.. you can see the stripes where hes been going up and down...  confused_o.gif

they just shot him becuase they thought they were insergants.. u knw what there like.. omg what is tht, omg looks like a gun lets mow them down.

True, there is no 100% guarantee that these people were insurgents and there was only one man in that pick up.  But the pilots made a reasonable decision based on their observations.

The men and pickup truck seen were the only ones around for miles.

The subjects look around to make sure they weren't being watched.

One man sprinted as fast as he could to drop a long object on the ground.  

The fact that the tractor is there and that it appears to have been used is irrelevant.  These men could very well have been farmers or have just happened to rendevouz in a farmer's field.  But the argument that the presence of a tractor means that the subjects were only innocent farmers is not only naive, but it also boldly implies that these pilots were not smart enough to make the connection between tractors and farmers.

I don't understand why being a farmer and being an insurgent are considered mutually exclusive.  An insurgent could be a farmer (or a carpenter or an accountant for that matter) and a farmer could be an insurgent.  In Vietnam, numerous soldiers lost their lives because they believed that mothers carrying children could not also be fighters (some of these mothers disagreed and declared that their children were also bombs).

Again, there is no 100% guaranteed proof that these men were insurgents and its a shame that they could not at least be questioned before passing a judgement on them so they could at least say something in their defense.  However, given the unusual and suspicious behavior they exhibited and the context of the situation, it would have been very irresponsible of the apache pilots to allow these men to leave.

The men and pickup truck seen were the only ones around for miles.

The subjects look around to make sure they weren't being watched.

The Real insurgents could have Easly of hid there truck in some trees and it sure isnt hard to purchase a camo net to cover such a truck..

With insurgants and us army helicopters flying around the place, people looking for revenge and people looking for a hiding place i owuld be paranoid and be looking around to make sure i was safe. huh.gif

The Real insurgents could have Easly of hid there truck in some trees and it sure isnt hard to purchase a camo net to cover such a truck..

With insurgants and us army helicopters flying around the place, people looking for revenge and people looking for a hiding place i owuld be paranoid and be looking around to make sure i was safe.  huh.gif

Well, it wouldn't have been unreasonable for the subjects to have believed that they had escaped any forces searching for them.  They didn't see or hear anything following them.  But they still looked around to try to make sure they were safe.  And the running man was definitely in a hurry to get rid of the object he was carrying.  Paranoia.

If the real insurgents had hid their truck somewhere (difficult to do in the desert and I don't think a camo net would have done the job in this case), the people in the video must have been under pretty unusual circumstances to have behaved so strangely (like, I dunno, trying to hide a birthday present for his son; a golf club or two perhaps).

Other than that, there isn't much else I can tell you to make you feel any better about this incident.  Accidents happen, but the apache pilots were probably on the money on this one.

So cheer up buddy.

Farming in the desert?

Anyways..

I got my computer upgraded to the max and id thought id to a fps test on tonal with full view distance and this is what i got biggrin_o.gif

wtf? it lags! crazy_o.gif  pistols.gif  confused_o.gif  mad_o.gif

strange, with 3Gbs of DDR II and cool CPU,damn, maybe it's VGA's fault?

wtf? it lags! crazy_o.gifpistols.gifconfused_o.gifmad_o.gif

strange, with 3Gbs of DDR II and cool CPU,damn, maybe it's VGA's fault?

but ofp only allows me to use 2024 memory or somethign becuase its old and decrepid lol.. but ArmA should change all tht muahah hopfully..

Farming in the desert?

Anyways..

I got my computer upgraded to the max and id thought id to a fps test on tonal with full view distance and this is what i got  biggrin_o.gif

Hey cool!  

But do you have a video on Everon or something?  That view distance would be really cool on an island with mountains and stuff.

Farming in the desert?

Anyways..

I got my computer upgraded to the max and id thought id to a fps test on tonal with full view distance and this is what i got biggrin_o.gif

Hey cool!

But do you have a video on Everon or something? That view distance would be really cool on an island with mountains and stuff.

ill make a quick one..

watch this space tounge2.gif ....

Any computer will lag if you do 5000 viewdistance when turning around, but then you will notice it runs fine if you turn that way again, I guess its must be loading everything as you turn or something. tounge2.gif