Mister Frag

OFP videography

I wanted to comment on how superb that video (Edit: Revenge Will Come) was.

I am also pleased that people are discussing the morals of the story, which is not a common thing in our present time.

Many points were made and they are all valid. Unfortunately if there was a very strong accepatance of right and wrong across the entire world today there would be little case for war.

Here is my little perspective:

"Violence begets violence and more people should read about Ghandi....Surrounded by government troops who were beating them one of his followers suggested that due to the size of their following they could easily take over by force...to which Ghandi replied.....violence begets violence." - GOON

"During the German invasion of Holland in WW2 german infantry were routinely tasked as firing squads. On one occasion a firing squad was ordered to shoot 40+ men, women and children. On receiving this order one German soldier stepped out of line and refused to fire. The Officer in charge promptly had him arrested and he was placed in line with the civilians, where he was shot by his own comrades." - On Killing, The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill In Our Society, Dave Grossman

The first time I read the account of Ghandi I was severely impressed by his utter conviction in non-violence means and the self discipline he showed.

The first time I read the account of the German soldier I nearly cried I was so compelled by the inhumanly strong morale fibre this individual showed to do what was right in the face of death despite how completely futile his actions were.

Could it be agreed upon that violence is counter-productive and that we should all aspire to be as humane and self-disciplined as these 2 fine individuals?

To make the argument that the individual in this video should have shown self discipline could easily be turned around by the simple question of "Why did the United States seek revenge for the terrible incidents of 11/9/2001, for if they showed resolute self discipline and non-agression then thousands of lives would be saved and trillions of dollars withheld and the USA would be far safer from terrorist attacks because of it.

Anyway, thankyou Hidden_Spectre for a very refreshing 1/2 hour.

I am afraid that despite Ralph comments about only mentioning the movie, the subliminal propaganda it has forces us to talk about it.

All freedom loving people are on war against terrorism.

I am not going to say that Allied Soldiers are saints and that terrorists are all evil, that would be a poor cheap comparation.

Wars have collateral damage, they always had and they will always will.

The main difference is that the Allied side did not specifically target civilians as its main objective while the terrorist do.

Here in Spain they killed 192 civilians on trains, not a single soldier or even armed people was hurt.

I will not question their rights or ideas, I do not even have the time for that.

I just know they are against our way of living, they are against our freedom they are against our values.

And be sure that if give the chance they will destroy them all.

Think in how the Taliban ruled Afghanistan, think about how the Iranians rule their country and be sure that if nothing is done to stop it, this is what we can face on our countries.

Super high tech weapons have proved not to be a guarantee against this. Our soft, confortable middle class people have not the strenght or guts to face those terrorists face to face on combat, it is simply "not nice".

Do not feel too safe and think of this as remote issue that will not affect you.

Some people on the US and Europe have already paid with their lives at home.

The point on this video that as a OFP video have the best quality I ever seen on the technical side is that somewhat looks to justify the suicide bomber and so the Terrorism action as an act of justice.

And this is exactly what the terrorists have always wanted us to think.

"yes, they did this because this..."

They already forced a goverment change here with this "way of thinking" a goverment that removed our troops from Iraq.

People here already thought we were targeted because we had soldiers in Iraqu even when the bombing was planned before the Iraq war.

Terrorist 1- Democracy and Freedom 0

Keep justifying their action and soon they will start "reasons" to alter your politics and even your day to day way of doing?

Next time they want to force your country to do something they only have to kill 200 of your civilians and let the the thinking that this is "because we did that" logic play and watch the resoults.

Other issue clearly publcited on the movie was that "media is corrupt". So I wonder who should inform us about the "truth"? Al Jazira? Media is what our societies are and deliver what we want to hear. But it is best that only hear what a Mullah or Ayatolah have to say with no option to even disagree.

Do not forget de media people have died while trying to do their job to keep people informed so now we all can freely second guess everything from our confortable armchair at home.

Do you think this forum or even this games or even internet would be allowed by this people if they have the chance.

The movie as move is very good on technical quality but I feel that besides recognicing the technical value that it almost looks  too "professional" I cannot fail to say its clear and defined message as justifying terrorism acts makes me feel sick.

Lets not allow with the excuse of Art have this clearly Terrorism actions support or justification is a forum that is characterized by its freedom defense values.

Sometimes being neutral is not possible.

If I have stepped over the forum rules I apologize to the outstanding moderators we have here.

I am afraid that despite Ralph comments about only mentioning the movie, the subliminal propaganda it has forces us to talk about it.

Then talk about it war against terror thread in OT.(link is in my sig)

Last warning.

Anyone who wishes to ignore my words will get Post restricted for at least 48 hours. I'm not going to let this thread go down in flames. mad_o.gif

I'm going to bed right now and if it gets worse when I wake up, I won't be nice at all.

edit: Furia, your sig image is over 100 pixels in height. please read forum rules.

Author has right to show by this movie something to us. I like that this movie has something to say, but I would say it was a bit too shallow, a bit too hollywood style (but then, in hollywood noone would make such movie at this time).

I can't say more then Miles Tag (regards for his knowledge about other religion, it is not so common these days) and Jinef. And then, as I feel as a part of Western world, I had to agree in some part with Furia, but I think some his thoughts are naive (sorry mate, i do not disrespect you or your belifes).

About movie making technics. I found a bit disspersing the common "move-stop camera" technics. I did not make any scene in OFP for two years, so maybe it is very difficult to overcome this, but I have in my mind a lot of OFP movies where I did not feel, that it was there (I am not sure was it there actually). As a reference I like most scenes from Revolt 1998 campaign.

first of all im very sorry if my movie offended some1....it was never made for that intention..i have nuthing against the Americans tounge2.gif .....i wanted a different story so i took up this (as ive mentioned before the concept is not mine....some1 at some forums gave it to me).......btw tht lady was caught in the crossfire.....the aiming for the gun is ofp engine limitation...and seriously i didnt know tht women are not allowed to drive in the middle east......

and im very happy tht u guys liked my movie.....my another movie is ready (reworked version of my 1st movie) but im having network problems so ill try to upload it as soon as its ok

for those asking bout the music its

DUDUK OF THE NORTH by HANS ZIMMER (Gladiator ost)

BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES by MUSE

and random music frm FFUR EUROPE

i used FRAPs full version for capturing in case some1 wanted to know

And shashman u were asking bout the Terrorist car bomb....its LOBOS TERRORIST PACK.....

all in all, i welcome all ur kind comments and criticism.....but plz dont turn this into a controversy or something...it was never meant for that....

CHEERS everybody

ps. thnkx for the mirrors too........

I'd like to point out that this "2 foot away shooting" was down to limitations of Ofp. Trying to get ofp to simulate accidental crossfire isn't easy if not impossible.

It happens occasionally that my AI run into each other's fire. This generally happens when two different squads are right next to each other. With one squad, it usually never happens. I had one of Mig's Donkeys running around in a city once also where it often ended up getting caught in crossfire up and down streets. I ended up using the donkey body as cover.

smile_o.gif

On the technical side of this movie, I thought that perhaps some of the scenes of US troops moving around were a little bit long. But I really liked the "ghost" effect of the woman and the storyline was very well done even if people do not agree with it. The zoom in on the eyes for example was very effective.

I really hope to see more excellent movies by you Hidden Spectre. You definitey have good story writing talent and artistic talent.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Saw many vids in this topic before.

This one is the most professional for now.

WELL done hidden_spectre! wink_o.gif

Very emotional storyline and probably one of the best movies carried out thus far...

Keep up the nice work hidden.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES by MUSE

Ah, I knew it was a Muse song, Dark Shines has a very similar piano score.

About the content of the movie - everything is propaganda, just that some is "friendly" some is not. I think its great that spectre is making movies that don't just show the "hooah america" side of things.

Falcon AF is a simulator... LockOn is a Game... OFP is a simulator.... Quake is a Game ;-)

Well I made a vid for the Unsung mod, had some fun on the unreleased Highlands island and the footmunch F-4, so I had a go with recreating a real life vid I saw sometime ago, can't remember who made it, I think it was the marines, but I could be very wrong.

Well enough of the chatter, here's a direct link:

Napalm Vid

Thanks to OFPNam for the hosting, if anybody wants to host this, you're more than welcome.

Well I also made another vid, a long time ago(haven't been able to upload it to a decent server until now), sort of a memorial video, just a collection of pics, more of a slideshow thing:

Never Forget

Again, thanks to OFPNam for the hosting, mirrors are welcome.

I'm not sure which codecs you'll need, I compressed it using some default Premiere Pro settings, seemed like a neutral solution, it says Indeo Video 5.1, I hope it'll help.

Yeah, I really should know what I'm actually doing....

Don't be afraid to comment, I'll accept any crit.

Falcon AF is a simulator... LockOn is a Game... OFP is a simulator.... Quake is a Game ;-)

In real life and in Quake you can jump, in OFP you can't jump... climb over fences... etc etc etc...  wink_o.gif

(EDIT: Of course with Itweas Ninja you can but... not OFP by itself so it doesn't count tounge2.gif )

So I think that if you've gotta give some slack, better make the end product more homogenous... and although I haven't played it myself alot I know LockOn isn't a walk in the park either, as to be expected from the makers of Flanker...  smile_o.gif

You got it all wrong. Falcon and LOMAC are for gamers, real men play Longbow 2!!!

Forgive my opinion, but what's with the subliminal messages? I don't like the story, maybe because I'm an American, but I just don't like it, it angers me (no sympathy) and I don't like when things anger me.  confused_o.gif

Though the video quality was pretty good, it shows how realistic OFP can be, that I like. You just need a different (harmless) story in my opinion...

Almost everyone here must be typical liberalist, man. whistle.gif

"America is wrong! Arab is Resistance! Stop the killing! Peace!" etc...

Anyway, well made vids. wink_o.gif

Iraq sucks

@ April 15 2006,03:32)]Well I also made another vid, a long time ago(haven't been able to upload it to a decent server until now), sort of a memorial video, just a collection of pics, more of a slideshow thing:

Never Forget

nice memorial video there mate..........everything said is absolutely very true.....i agree tht such conflicts are turned into games for the purpose of profit but if u look frm one perspective these games do acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and make sure tht their bravery and commitment to duty does not go in vain...but instead show it to the whole world to see.....

neways good vid...

Yeah, Brothers In Arms did that in a way, it showed their bravery. But yet, there are so many that just turn lives into profit or want to make soldiers look like some mad robot baby killers.

not bad vid, a lil one sided maybe ,cant see the napalm vid ,only getting music, if its the one i saw along time ago with pics of the shells turning blue with friction etc, its ok, but will have to get codec to see if it is.would like to have seen more from both soldiers ,point of view in second vid, all soldiers think there fighting for right, always good to see 2 sides in a memorial vid.imho.

Well, there are some NVA pics in there, I couldn't find many, at least in decent quailty. I do have some now, but I don't think I'll be doing much changing for now.

Also for the napalm vid, does anybody know any good ways to convert it to Dvix in Premiere pro. Or anything like that. Where did you do your editing Spectre?

@ April 15 2006,21:03)]Also for the napalm vid, does anybody know any good ways to convert it to Dvix in Premiere pro. Or anything like that. Where did you do your editing Spectre?

well i used premiere 6.5...all i did was Export Timeline as Movie...then Settings....file type was Microsoft AVI..then Next...Compressor was Xvid MPEG 4 codec, which i think u have not installed in ur comp

Download Xvid Mpeg 4 codec (628kb)

good luck

Well almost anything I do creates this magical rainbow that ruins the whole napalm vid.

Operation Flashpoin Movie Makers

Finaly a website dedicated to ofp movie making is realeased.. After a long hard work here is the new website of movie makers.. Thanks to Zinchux! He made the page! So about the page.. now u will have a place where u can learn more about movie making - effects, editing, etc.. We are curently looking for new admins, forum moderators, news posters etc

kensite1s.jpg

Here is our site link baner:

ofpmm_88.gif