Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Lorient island

Lorient Island

I started Lorient on 2-27-04 so I decided that I would release it exactly 3 months from when I started it. So there it is at the top.

I don't have any pictures for it because the second I finished that one and made sure the airport worked I started work on another island (#3).

There is no video for the main menu yet Cribban said he would make me one in a few days which is partially why it is a beta version. (Not much will change in the Final version)

EDIT: Pictures and mirrors are welcome.

very nice, same flawless quality and simplicity as in St.David, i flew around for 5 minutes ( no lag at all) and i really liked the aerial view smile_o.gif

I have just one minor request, can u plz put some helipads at airport?

P.S: no pics as my GCS is refusing to take photos :\

its against the law to post new addons especially islands without pictures... trust me downloads will be 10x higher when pics r posted.

If you get pics, downloads will go through the roof, comparably. In the interests of getting accurate news out fast, we tend not to open up the addon and take our own screenshots.

-AK

Well, before the pics get released... I happen to like this island. it's got alot of open spaces and farmland, perfect for airborne operations.

Ya I know it would be better with pictures but I haven't had time to take any been working on that other island a lot and I have finals for the next 2 days then I got 3 days off then another final (Don't know what moron came up with that schedule). Maybe I can take some on the weekend.

Gonna add those helipads now I think.

EDIT: Helipads Added, Will be in Final version.

Here's couple of pics, taken quickly I don't know any points of significance yet. I agree it'll be good for bombing runs. tounge_o.gif

edit: Pics removed

Captain

More pics:

5-26-04a.jpg

---

5-26-04b.jpg

---

5-26-04c.jpg

---

5-26-04d.jpg

I like this island like St. David, the only gripe I have is the terrain isn't varied enough.

i like these islands because there just like nogova and not trying to be to good looking which = lag fro me mad_o.gif

What sky mod did you use in those pictures? I like the colours...

About Ivanski and Sector Bravo, Sector Bravo won't work in Visitor for some reason not sure why and I just screwed up Ivanski too much that it would take me too long to go back and fix it.

C4P741N one looks like Llauma's SkyPack (the "old" one, not version1.x)

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

I was amazed at the quality of this island. Flawless.

Currently we're working out a Turkish map, considering some Muslim architecture models we now have. Constantinople/Istanbul, Incirilk, and the like have been thrown around, as well as the No-Fly Zone in Iraq bordering Turkey.

Northern Iraq/South Turkey is famous for the daring Special Operations attempt on Saddam Hussein's life in early 1995 which caused the deaths of close to 50 US Delta Force and UK SAS troops, as well as the deliberate coverup by the US and UK government.

Of course, if you believe Oliver North...

And keep in mind new map plans can change prrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy randomly.

About Ivanski and Sector Bravo, Sector Bravo won't work in Visitor for some reason not sure why and I just screwed up Ivanski too much that it would take me too long to go back and fix it.

Lol, I d/l-ed them both in beta status from a thread in this forum (don't remember which though), Ivanski being in no mean shape (airport non-existent, though).

I already praised St. David to heavens high, and this one definitely delivers as well!!! Great work!!! This demonstrates once again that you don't need many huge addons besides OFP Resistance on your Hard Drive just to be able to be somewhere paradisical besides Nogova, Everon, Kolguyev or Malden... This one is definitely for keeps... (guess I'm turning into a BDM-Map-fan biggrin_o.gif ).

Only a pity it lacks a golf course tounge_o.gif Hey what went of the idea of making some golf carts?

is there any chans that BDM can make their own palm threes and stuff so that we can get a real "pacific" looking island? maybe with some mapfact airport stuff on it?

or if someone else can take the time making it...

I will see what I can do, my next one won't have them but maybe the one after that. In the mean time check out Scorpio's new island as well as Ebud's vietnam one.

C4P741N one looks like Llauma's SkyPack (the "old" one, not version1.x)

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Correct, I took these pics just before Llauma released v1.x

@Dusand: Not a problem, glad to help  wink_o.gif

Captain

Here are some more pix... a bit crappy though (gotta get Adobe Photoshop upgraded to a better version...) tounge_o.gif

GCS0058_0.jpg

GCS0059_0.jpg

GCS0060_0.jpg

GCS0061_0.jpg

GCS0062_0.jpg

GCS0068_0.jpg

GCS0074.jpg

Edit: Ok Geocities can behave somewhat REALLY strange...

Nice screenshots there especially of Rhodes. Happens to be the only town name on the island that I remember.

Anyone found any bugs?

Beautiful island jakerod! I haven't got the heart to drag a military conflict on to it yet.

I've got Ghost's rally racers running all around the island. Lots of open road, not sure if you had this in mind when you made the map but it makes for a good race smile_o.gif

Although I also tossed some civis going about their daily driving into the mix. Met a dude on a bicycle when I was going 125mph.....needless to say he's not going home to is family tonight wow_o.gif

It all looks great , I don't think I even seen a bush out of place.

Quote[/b] ] Met a dude on a bicycle when I was going 125mph.....needless to say he's not going home to is family tonight

Poor family...

well i guess its good that no one has found any bugs yet. I was expecting someone to find a tree in the middle of a road at some point because sometimes I miss things like that.