Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

"super heroes" mod

Anyone interested in a, "Super Heroes Mod?"

I thought that we could have, "Super Heroes" representing different countries. Ex: "A hero that could fly and shoot lasers from the eyes. Or have a rocket come from his hand?"

This has never been done. Anyone that is interested let me know :

skylez1@bellsouth.net

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Or another: "oh, this hero can fly, he launches AT-4 from his ass and can produce a massive gas attack when he is skared". Don' think that will be great, but i should admit, that i use to fool around with "trash" addons against "serious" projects last time. Maybe tired.)

firstly this is in the wrong place, should be in ADDONS&MODS DISCUSSION

secondly, im thinking that this is impossible with the current limitations of the game engline

thirdly, im not sure that it would draw much of a crowd in a game focused on military action

Moving.

Edit: Denorc - be more courteous next time. Your harsh attitude has no place here. Like my mom used to say, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

A mod like this would be great in Multiplayer!

"Is it a plane? ..... Is it a bird? .... NO! It's SUPERMAN!"  tounge_o.gif

Would like to play with that ... wouls really be fun! biggrin_o.gif

Yeah! firing laserguidedbombs from ass and produsing massive Gas same time would be great tounge_o.gif

Denorc, I may agree with you but I do not express myself like that. You're out of line, so correct yourself or just don't post anymore.

Personally I don't think the idea is feasible or practical.

LOL "correct yourself"?!?!?! admin allready said somthing youre no admin leave it to them dude, it just makes you look like an ass.

Gotta agree with redliner and some of the others. Your probably asking the wrong people (unless their are some closet comic book fans, which wouldn't suprise me tounge_o.gif .)

If you don't get an enthusiastic response from here (not saying you won't) I'd suggest you also try raise support at a comic book forum or something similar. wink_o.gif

None the less. Good luck. smile_o.gif

There is no need to pass judgement on other members comments, especially if a mod has already made a statement. It leads to a back and forth argument, and doesn't resolve anything.

If you are unhappy with the comments someone has posted, there is a "Report post to moderator" link available. Taking "the law" into your own hands inevitably leads to more porblems and an extended argument.

We will be keeping a close eye on all involved. This is a first and last warning - all futher public comments on the matter will result in post restrictions.

There is no need to pass judgement on other members comments

Why?

You are what you post, If I say in my pinko commie ways that I don't like a certain aspect of a certain country's foreign policy. People pass judgment on what I say, get an impression of me being a 5' high manicured gay guy who wears pink and loves shopping while also hating capitalism (You see the antithesis).

Same way I pass judgement on people from their name, their location, where they most frequently post, what their interests are

etc. etc.

Welcome to human nature 101.

On the actual topic - umm, would be easier with Unreal 2003 or 4. Go ask on their forums.

this is not the right game engine for this kind of thing.

choose Unreal or something...

Hey. "Trash" addons are fun.

I like my realism to an extent but when I'm playing multi or looking for addons I don't expect every minute detail observed. For hardware constraints and overall enjoyment. I'd find such an idea just falling... flat.

Besides. Sometimes it's funny to just get some fictional or scifi weapons into an otherwise more-serious co-op or something. Just for laughs.

Playing a mission as a squad of skeletons. That'd be fun. biggrin_o.gif

I've been meaning to make a mission based on a "super hero" theme for some time now.... trust me, it could be done, and it could be enjoyable. I never even thought about MP, but that would even be better! Actually, that would be awesome!

Cmon, how many MP missions out there are super-unrealistic, yet super-fun? Tons! Of course, this kind of MP mission would work best in a small area with lots of buildings to jump on; perhaps Nogova, or desert island with some well-placed objects.

And for all of you who keep saying these could only be "trash" addons, soley based on them being realistic: I challenge you to find a better addon than the JSDF's WAPs. ANYWHERE. Oh, but they are giant fighting robots, in case you don't know, so I guess they fall into the "crap" addon catagory, I guess...

IMO, anything is possible with this game engine. i remember a few years ago when ppl were craving to rope out of the blackhawks. now, their dream had been realized.

just look at our scripting community. we have some of the brightest and hardest working people out there who stop at nothing to bring us the best. i wish the mod makers good luck on this project. it will be very interesting if it makes it through smile_o.gif .

There is no need to pass judgement on other members comments

Why?

If the Fubernator will forgive me for putting words into his mouth I believe that what he was saying was that members should not try to moderate other members in public threads. That was what was being done and as well as being in itself a no-no as far as we're concerned it is as much as anything flame-baiting.

Besides be cool to pick up things and bounce them off folks foreheads. RHS_BRDM2-03.jpg

Use small arms as closing in weapons then punch out your enemy. Flying men like the old human missiles or halo-units that flew. =)

First goober that mentions a Power Ranger Mod must die.. ;P

LOL, we, russians, are quite straight in words. "simple like as mosin-rifle". If i see, if something is stupid, i say: this is stupid, and will no make wordtricks or other verbal shit, that english-speaking nations likes so much. If you wanna, you can ban me - you will loose a link with another russian team, not more. I will'nt go to change anyway, i am not a tricky yankee.)

There is this word in english: "polite". It doesn't mean 'wordtricks or other verbal shit', it just means that you try not to piss other people off by the way you say something. I would give you a free pass on this, since obviously english isn't your first language, but your last post sounded deliberately insulting; language barrier or not.

All I can say is, you obviously aren't going to gain anything by being insulting, so why do it? Things just work better when people are polite. Obviously Western society is working better than Russian society, so maybe that should be a clue. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]it just means that you try not to piss other people off by the way you say something.

So you change your word choice to what you think will please them. You look at them, calulate what they want to hear, and recycle it back into their ears. E.g. word tricks tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Obviously Western society is working better than Russian society

Um, this sounds very much like flamebait.

First goober that mentions a Power Ranger Mod must die..  ;P

Go! go! Power Rangers! biggrin_o.gif

power%20rangers.jpg

Ontopic: Sounds like an interesting mod to me. smile_o.gif