Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gta san andreas

I can't wait. The GTA series is one of the best series of games ever made. smile_o.gif

yep, its going to be reeally interesting i think, being chased by police on a bicycle biggrin_o.gif wonder if they will include a Segway too?

Oh god... There seems to be an influx in Gangsta crime games. How sad, I simply hate that setting smile_o.gif

Just think about the soundtrack... all rap and hip hop music... is this set in the present or like in Vice City, 80s? It could be the 90s.

Its for the PS2 this fall (october) and for the PC in the following Spring (May usually).

Any word on multiplayer?

Oh god... There seems to be an influx in Gangsta crime games. How sad, I simply hate that setting smile_o.gif

GTA was always releated with gangsta's so dont bother that smile_o.gif

And this game rules !

Quote[/b] ]Just think about the soundtrack... all rap and hip hop music... is this set in the present or like in Vice City, 80s?  It could be the 90s.

Its for the PS2 this fall (october) and for the PC in the following Spring (May usually).

Any word on multiplayer?

It looks like it going to be set in the early 90s. Remember all those "gangsta"/"ghetto"/"urban" (Boys n the Hood and etc.) movies during the early 90s.  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just think about the soundtrack... all rap and hip hop music... is this set in the present or like in Vice City, 80s?  It could be the 90s.

Any word on multiplayer?

It looks like it going to be set in the early 90s. Remember all those "gangsta"/"ghetto"/"urban" (Boys n the Hood and etc.) movies during the early 90s.  tounge_o.gif

Ya, those are the first movies that come to mind when seeing those screenies. Movies like Colors and Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in The Hood come to mind. biggrin_o.gif

Just think about the soundtrack... all rap and hip hop music... is this set in the present or like in Vice City, 80s? It could be the 90s.

Any word on multiplayer?

Music: MP3 player if you don't like what it will be

Multiplayer: dunno about official word but there will be mods that add multiplayer functionality such as MTA (multi-theft auto) for GTA and GTA:VC

How are MP mods for GTA working anyway? Last time i checked (a long time ago) nothing really worked.

Quote[/b] ]Music: MP3 player if you don't like what it will be

Multiplayer: dunno about official word but there will be mods that add multiplayer functionality such as MTA (multi-theft auto) for GTA and GTA:VC

People are forgetting about the radio stations. tounge_o.gif

the game definintly looks very good, but there are some things i hope they fix that have been things that kinda dragged the other GTA games down, first there is a lack of crowded traffic, only at most 5 or 6 cars although thats probaly a limitation, and there is a lack of variations of vehicles. what ever car your driving you always see a bunch of the same being driven on the streets.

the game definintly looks very good, but there are some things i hope they fix that have been things that kinda dragged the other GTA games down, first there is a lack of crowded traffic, only at most 5 or 6 cars although thats probaly a limitation, and there is a lack of variations of vehicles. what ever car your driving you always see a bunch of the same being driven on the streets.

I think that was just a limitation of the PS2 platform, future versions should have more traffic and pedestrians. It takes less power to have many of the same models visible at once.

I hope you don't have to "unlock" certain areas of the city like done in the other 2 games. I want to be able to go anywhere I want, when I want to. Stupid "bridge construction" or some stormy weather.

I hope Lazlow is back on the radio, either as a DJ (VRock) or as a talk radio host (in GTA3).

I'm quite looking forward to this. I thought GTAIII was over hyped but Vice City was very good.

I used to work with the brother of somebody from the GTA team and he had some interesting things to say about what they were planning. It should be a big step forward for the GTA games. Shame we have to wait so long for the PC version.

Don't imaging the traffic will be any heavier though as that would kind of limit the speed of the game. Heavy traffic and free movement don't really mix.

I played the original GTA long time ago, but somehow I had some resistance getting hooked to the latter versions. A little late, but a while back VC got my attention after all, and I must say I like the freedom the game offers. The concept is truly great and has some nice potentials to hope for. I'm really looking forward for this

Really looking forward to playing the "hip-hop gangster" role. From the little I have read about this game you are supposed to be able to choose your side this time. Like in the original GTA where you could more or less work for the police in one, or was it two cities?

Anyways, as I said I am really looking forward to playing as a hip-hop gangster. Somehow I find the stories behind aformentioned criminals very interesting, it's kind of hard to explain what I mean by that though. But it is something special about these gangsters, maybe it's all the "Menace to scociety"-type movies I have seen during my short life-cycle.

I played the original GTA long time ago

You can get GTA 1 for free from Rockstar games now. Go to their site and DL it. I liked 1 better than 2, but still the leap from 2 to 3 is huge.

The basic plot

Quote[/b] ]

"Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas...a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets."

http://www.gtagaming.com/  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  

The basic plot
Quote[/b] ]

"Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas...a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets."

http://www.gtagaming.com/  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  

So San Andreas is the name of the state? And CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas...

So more than one city? Be cool if they make it something like Mafia, with a city and country side, mayb even linking other cities with a central rural part.

Quote[/b] ]So San Andreas is the name of the state?  And CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas...

So more than one city?  Be cool if they make it something like Mafia, with a city and country side, mayb even linking other cities with a central rural part.

It would be cool if Carl was in Vice City after he "escaped" from Los Santos.

What a hero, knowing GTA he'll slaughter a few hundred (innocent) people along his way to prove his innocence, take his revenge or whatever. wow_o.gif

I played the original GTA long time ago

You can get GTA 1 for free from Rockstar games now.  Go to their site and DL it.  I liked 1 better than 2, but still the leap from 2 to 3 is huge.

Yeah, 1 was the best definately. I could spend hours blowing up carsand stealing policecars. If it got too hot, I just carjumped over the broken bridge to shake off cops for a while smile_o.gif

Anyways, it sucks that the game is planned in spring next year. By that time it'll have to wait a whole lot longer before I can spare any time not playing OFP2 wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So San Andreas is the name of the state?  And CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas...

So more than one city?  Be cool if they make it something like Mafia, with a city and country side, mayb even linking other cities with a central rural part.

It would be cool if Carl was in Vice City after he "escaped" from Los Santos.

Ya, I think they'd make some sort of characters from the other games, like that rich millionaire from GTA 3 was in Vice City as a young asslicker to that rich Texan.

I hope the cities aren't islands, like in VC. You can take a boat tour around the 2 islands.

Anyway, the game is still a year away from the PC. Don't think I'll be getting a PS2 just for this title. Especially if I get a XBox this summer.