Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas delta/ranger patch

Ballistic Addon Studios (BAS) is pleased to announce the release of the Delta/Ranger (De/Ra) Pack-Patch.

The De/Ra Patch fixes the issues introduced to the De/Ra Pack in the v1.50 update. This includes:

- M4’s with Aimpoint Optics now work.

- The SR-25 SD has been re-zeroed to 175m to suit game engine needs.

- Units without sidearms no longer have the sidearm present in the holster.

- Some HD units had incorrect magazine loadouts.

- Some reload sounds referenced the old JAM Sounds folder.

- M24 SWS Desert Gear-Page picture added.

- Team leaders now have M4/M203 combinations with marker grenades and flares.

- Flags now show on units when they have a flag in their possession.

BAS is also happy to announce that this patch comes in two forms:

1. A pre-patched complete version of the addon, for those who dont have the De/Ra pack yet, or those who have troubles using the Patching tool.

2. A Patch tool, which allows users to download a much smaller file, and apply the patch to their existing De/Ra addon.

Please Note: The Patch ONLY works on the v1.50 De/Ra Pack. It will NOT patch the original Delta/Ranger Pack up to the new standard

Check the BAS site (click my sig) for mirrors.

Quote[/b] ]The SR-25 SD has been re-zeroed to 175m to suit game engine needs

thx wink_o.gif

WHATS THE bas_kawa.pbo

cos that file gets updated to!!

Its the KLR-250 Motorbikes.

The update fixes a missing LOD on the desert version.

Aah, great, I thought the team leader loadouts were a bit funny before. smile_o.gif

Mirrors are available at toadlife.net:

BAS Delta/Rangers 1.55 - Patch (download)

BAS Delta/Rangers 1.55 - Full (download)

Feel free to post these mirrors on your site guys. smile_o.gif

Thanks Toad, much appreciated biggrin_o.gif

Took and played the old mission of you, fast ranger, with these new. It was fun biggrin_o.gif

Like the new model, much more detailed smile_o.gif The textures are great too biggrin_o.gif

Anyway was one bug in the mission... If you ever gonna redo it or fix it.

When you drop off the ranger at the airport, you get an error message regarding unassignvehicle rec. Just so you know wink_o.gif

Now I'll play another of the missions tomorrow biggrin_o.gif

Took me a while to reinstall your units after something went wrong when I changed all units into a mod folder. But now everything is perfect again!

Love the high quality of your units! Just one thing makes me wonder: Why do you use these ugly green  background colors for the magazines. These are the uglyest inventory pictures of all I know. That is just a contrast to he high quality of your work!

I guess it is a lot of work to change all the pictures and it is not so important but if you ever decide to redo them please do not use any strange colors and JAM or BAS tags on them. Just make them simple and good looking. I think it is enough to write about JAM in the read me and in unit names.

Thanks for another update!!!!

I'm getting this error message: "'BAS_Kawa' requires addon 'BAS_DeRaJ'". i've found this config.cpp entry: "class BAS_JKawa:

requiredAddons[] = {"BAS_weap","BAS_derad","BAS_deraw","BAS_DeRaJ"...

but I can't find this pbo. I've tried both: patch and full pack from GOT Flashpoint. It seems that I'm the only one with this problem.

Do I have missed a newer version?

Could it be that you are using an older rar version (v2) which does not unpack the whole archive but only the bas_kawa.pbo file?

I'm getting this error message: "'BAS_Kawa' requires addon 'BAS_DeRaJ'". i've found this config.cpp entry: "class BAS_JKawa:

requiredAddons[] = {"BAS_weap","BAS_derad","BAS_deraw","BAS_DeRaJ"...

but I can't find this pbo. I've tried both: patch and full pack from GOT Flashpoint. It seems that I'm the only one with this problem.

Do I have missed a newer version?

"BAS_DeRaJ" is the config name of the "BAS_DeRaJAM.pbo"

If you have downloaded the Full version (v1.55) from Got Flashpoint, then you will have all the files you need. You must make sure that you install ALL of the pbo files from the download into the SAME addons folder.

Edit: Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of winrar to unpack the files.

I'm using winrar 3.00. All other .pbos are there: BAS_DeRaD; BAS_DeRaJam; Bas_DeRaW; Bas_Kawa; BAS_Weap.

It's about the BAS_DeRaJ.pbo. Does it exist? Or is it a typing-mistake in the config.cpp? If it is, I just download from another mirror, but first I want to ask here so I don't download it anothertime for nothing.

I'm using winrar 3.00. All other .pbos are there: BAS_DeRaD; BAS_DeRaJam; Bas_DeRaW; Bas_Kawa; BAS_Weap.

It's about the BAS_DeRaJ.pbo. Does it exist? Or is it a typing-mistake in the config.cpp? If it is, I just download from another mirror, but first I want to ask here so I don't download it anothertime for nothing.

Quote[/b] ]"BAS_DeRaJ" is the config name of the "BAS_DeRaJAM.pbo"

Its NOT a typo, it works fine.

The class name for the addon does not have to be the same as the pbo name wink_o.gif

@deadmeat: I was typing while you answered. I will try it with a newer version of winrar and the full pack from another mirror.

Seems that it is my fault so I'll try and come back if I can't solve my problem.

Thanx for the answers!