Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas delta/ranger patch

You got any pictures of that that are real? Seeing someone do it in airsoft land is hardly realistic.

The sniper would be laden with equipment and would probably collapse and die from exhaustion, carrying a ghillie, an M4A1, an M9, and an M24SWS is pretty much impossible to do in combat conditions with full gear loads.

And that's why you have spotters with weapons.

You'll find that alot of airsofters would infact tell you that they would only take their sniper rifle and a sidearm into a skirmish. One guy took his P90 into a skirmish, and those are SMALL. He ended up dumping it halfway through a game due to it (a) getting in the way and (b) Adding another 3 or so kilos to his kit (It had a metal reciever and a red dot scope).

This is going slightly off-topic but in our armed forces snipers might very well carry an assualt rifle in addition to his sniper/anti material rifle and other gear. Especially in the Jägar (ranger) units. Of course these guys will need more PT to enable them to carry more gear futher but you'd expect that from sof type of units, wouldn't you? ;)

lOOKS GREAT !!! biggrin_o.gif But i have one problem i cant play them beceause there's a an error sign when i start the game that the units need BisWeaponPack ? Never heard of it can some1 please help me. I installed the full version not the patch.

crazy_o.gif

BIS Weapon Pack is part of the 1.85 patch. You can find links to it and other patches in the BI news section of this forum.

This is going slightly off-topic but in our armed forces snipers might very well carry an assualt rifle in addition to his sniper/anti material rifle and other gear. Especially in the Jägar (ranger) units. Of course these guys will need more PT to enable them to carry more gear futher but you'd expect that from sof type of units, wouldn't you? ;)

Same here, the Sniper rifle is usually transported in its case on the snipers back.

tried to set some arm-patches, but no success.

i placed a desert-ranger on the map and wrote

this setObjectTexture [0,"\BAS_weap\unitpatch\101st.paa"]

in the init-field.

any ideas? rock.gif

tried to set some arm-patches, but no success.

i placed a desert-ranger on the map and wrote

this setObjectTexture [0,"\BAS_weap\unitpatch\101st.paa"]

in the init-field.

any ideas? rock.gif

You need to use the "normal" Soldier from the editor list. Rangers and Delta will not set custom patches.

Make sure you use the "Soldier" or the "Desert Soldier" for custom patch units.

Is it just me or ever since installing the new 1.55v of the BAS 75th/1st SFOD-D pack (not the update, but full install) none of the BAS units are able to throw grenades. It will show in the inventory that grenades are present, but when actually throwing them nothing happens other then the throwing animation. Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. Thanks

Is it just me or ever since installing the new 1.55v of the BAS 75th/1st SFOD-D pack (not the update, but full install) none of the BAS units are able to throw grenades.  It will show in the inventory that grenades are present, but when actually throwing them nothing happens other then the throwing animation.  Please let me know if anyone else has this problem.  Thanks

Hmmm... just tested, and grenades work fine for me rock.gif

Are you using any mods at all? ECP? OFP Y2K3? etc?

I have no problems here, but I don't run that mod.

Have you tryed running the BAS units throught a normall folder?

It may be the mod not being too nice to the BAS units crazy_o.gif LOL.

Regards.

@CERO.

just ran a test and BAS uits threw grenades. . .they were default BIS nades. i havnt tested jam ones

edi: but its been my experiance that custom grenates never worked for me

Yes I'm actually running the latest version of Pappy B's OFP Y2K3 mod.

So its the Y2K3 mod causing the problem.

IIRC the Y2K3 mod "borrows" some grenade SFX from ECP, so I expect this is where your problem lies.

Edit: Strange pappy... they seem to work fine for everyone else wink_o.gif