Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! bradley pack 1.0 released

My head is swimming with all these amazing works being released and this pack is no exception.

My only regret is that my crack troops are going to have to destroy them LOL (I just love playing the opposing forces and the underdogs).

Beautiful job, I salute you.

PH

Just 2 small things:

Perhaps you should add the "MarineAssaultPack" to the "Required Addons". Cause if you start OFP without you'll get a config/cfgweapon-error about the Javelin.

The explosion scripts are very nice! But i think there's a little bit too much smoke appearing. That could be hard to handle for slower systems. (I know ... i could disable it ... but it looks too cool for disabling it  smile_o.gif )

The vehicles are awsome, the sounds are just great and the textures .... lovely (especially the NATO-textures are beautiful)!

Oh, btw: what kind of weapon is the Dragon Launcher? Is it an AA- or an AT-Launcher?

Great work, Rudedog! That is a really excellent addon!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Oops, actually the MAP isn't required, I forgot to change 1 stinkin' line in the CBT_Misc config. I have also kept compatability with the Javelin mags from MAP for joint operation purposes. I'll post a fix soon.

As for the explosions, if they are too big, disable em. They are the same as the RHS T-55, so you'll probably have the same issues with them.

The Dragon is an awful AT guided missile system used by the US Army. It was replaced by the Javelin in the late '90s.

BTW, forgot to mention, Dragon actually requires person to sit while firing. I plan on changing it to a portable vehicle class like in FDF as soon as I find out how. If anyone already knows and wants to help, please PM me.

nice work dl now btw are the M113´s in the pack too rock.gif

No, they are being done by my brother, Pablo.

A really great addon pack! Nice work! However I have played around with them the last 2 hours or so and my pc rebooted twice while middle in the game. I have failed to reproduce this but I fear it might be related to the addon somehow. rock.gif

A really great addon pack! Nice work! However I have played around with them the last 2 hours or so and my pc rebooted twice while middle in the game. I have failed to reproduce this but I fear it might be related to the addon somehow.  rock.gif

Test it out by disabling the scripts, by putting CBT_Brad_NoScripts = true in the init line. This will tell you if it's script or model related.

Nyles, have you checked for viruses as the new sasser is doing the rounds and one of the things it does is reboots the machine constantly.

Just a thought.

PH

Finally!

Downloading now, looks fantastic!

Big thank you Rudedog and all who are involved in this pack!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Change Log

1.0 - Initial Release

Future Enhancements

- APC and Medical Crew for each era

- More options for random markings

- User created markings

Have you considered making a script to model the moving missle pods on the Bradley/Linebacker. For instance, the M2 and M3 cannot fire their missle weapons while moving, so the missles pod is stowed by pivoting into a position next to the turret.

Can you write a script which allows the missles to only function when the M2/M3 is halted and the pod is up?

Change Log

1.0 - Initial Release

Future Enhancements

- User created markings

Have you considered making a script to model the moving missle pods on the Bradley/Linebacker.  For instance, the M2 and M3 cannot fire their missle weapons while moving, so the missles pod is stowed by pivoting into a position next to the turret.

Can you write a script which allows the missles to only function when the M2/M3 is halted and the pod is up?

I could, but my concern is that it would be useless to AI then.

if i were a girl, i would kiss you for this, rude!!! biggrin_o.gif

also i love you for the 16-polygon-wheels. wink_o.gif

the gun-sound and the fire-rate are very realistic now, great work!!!

also i love you for the 16-polygon-wheels.  wink_o.gif

20 actually

25mb ouch.

Modem Sucks but your Bradleys don't suck so this great Addon is on my HD and in OFP in 1h and 30mins.

Thank you for this great addon.

I LOVE YOU (in that plutonic sort of way mate)!!!! I just finished my last final of my undergraduate career, I came home to check my email but decided to check out the boards real quick and what do I find??? THE M2 PACK!!! Time to blow crap up!!!

Lucky you...I'm stuck here at school grading finals (for a linguistic anthropology class) for the next few hours and then I'm going to a graduation party and won't be home until 2am in the morning probably.... so I can't play with these beauties until tomorrow. Aaaarg! sad_o.gif Ah well...back to grading papers.

Damn the Nostratic Hypothesis!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

he rudedog,

Although the pack is top-quality and the textures are awesome, I do have something to say about the textures;

In general I think they are too bright (Green and NATO). Most of the times I use the line "this setdammage XX" to see how much darker a vehicle should be. I personally think a value of 0.4 or 0.5 (for XX) gives the best result. Try it out and see what you prefer (the current or the darker).

It also seems that the low LOD textures (green and NATO) are a bit bright. You might want to make the low LOD textures darker. Now it's quite easy to spot one on a large range. Make it darker so it's harder to spot. That will make for a better tank in MP, for example.

These are really the only things I have to say about this pack and that means you did an outstanding job on these bradley's. It's an awesome pack of suprising quality and with a really nice NATO pattern (the best I've seen so far)

FYI, I just posted the hotfix for the Javelin.  D/L link is in the first post of this thread.

nice one, but when i install it, my ofp is noiseless.... nothing....not one "click". When I restart OFP afte this my computer reboots. This is a BUG! I would even say its a BRAINBUG

edit on my previous post:

On NOE the cammo looks almost perfect, but on darker islands like FDF-east border it looks too bright. I think it's wise to find a balance between the two.

No virus present, it really seems to be the addon, causing the reboots. I will try the no-script thingie.

About realism: I would suggest to alter the ammo loudout a bit. The Bushmaster chaingun should have 230 HE rounds loaded with further 460 (two reloads) and 70 AP rounds loaded with 210 more (3 reloads) stored. The chaingun is fed by two belts simultaneously afaik, therefore I'd would make it two different weapons and not just one weapon which can reload the ammo type. This would also make rearming easier. I've heared that the coax has a ammo ready-box with 800 rounds and carries additional 1400 rounds in the back for reload. I would suggest to maybe increase this to 1600 and thus allow two coax reloads. The reload time for the coax should be really long though, as it takes some time to stuff the new belts in.

smile_o.gif

sry this bug wasn't because of your addon, i think it has something to do with the size of my Addon Folder.

Change Log

1.0 - Initial Release

Future Enhancements

- User created markings

Have you considered making a script to model the moving missle pods on the Bradley/Linebacker. For instance, the M2 and M3 cannot fire their missle weapons while moving, so the missles pod is stowed by pivoting into a position next to the turret.

I could, but my concern is that it would be useless to AI then.

actually, i have made this for our addon (was meant to be alittle extra bonus thing) but since we not doing a m2a2 i think it would be nice we more vehicles with this feature, if you want help, advise just contact me.

Can also explain how the "static" weapons in fdf works.. but they require that you can change the config for the soldiers, so they will never work with standard bis ones unless you do a mod for it.

Amazing - WGL me thinks tounge_o.gif

-ZiRo

PS: Got me prom suit - weee looks great.