Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Yes, extra objects will be in our addonpack #3 for mission makers that want to add more stuff to the map.  

At any rate, here are some new screenshots of the latest Hezbollah infantry units.  

LoBo_HizBalls10.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls11.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls12.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls13.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls14.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

im maken a little bet on a snail race

wholl gets first ARMA OR LOBO's

or me ...

a hart attack from frustration

so before it does ill ask u if i can help in anyway

espacially in terrain just say

@ all above said with love of course

Terrain??? Actually yes we could VERY VERY much use some terrain that looks more like Lebenon terrain! We tried many different types and what you see in the above pics is the closest we could find to the mediterranean looking terrain that you see in most of Lebanon. The main problem is that alot of Lebanon is very grassy...lots of fields...and areas that are very rocky. This Lebanon map that will be released will just be a rough beta. So yes, if you want to try making a Lebanon terrain, please feel free to.

Also yes it would be an interesting bet to make on whether LoBo or ArmA is released first. But I will try to get our addon pack#3 out first. At least we did release addon pack #2 to tie people over.

Nevertheless I think #3 will really please alot of people and improve many things. Everything's still rolling towards that goal of a release, but we just had a bunch stuff pop up that has delayed it. (like the CoC UA 1.1 that we're trying to convert our artillery to).

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

About that terrain , i live on the carmel mountain , and the "ground textures" (:)) here and in southern lebenon are quite similar.

And btw , your lebenon map is nice , but u have to fill it with trees and stuff like that (as you already know).

If you'll need any pics, i live IN a forest, and its 3 secs job for me.

We got some good pics, but thanks for the offer...yeah we will add a bit more random objects although there are alot of rocky open fields as well in Lebanon with tons of high grass....that is more difficult to simulate in OFP but we will probably check out some of the better grass addons and find one that preferably would hide soldiers if they go into the prone position.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ignore Miles... lol

If you don't mind a few hours work please take pictures of everything normal and mundane in your local area. I'm talking houses, wall, phone boxes, plants in your garden. Shop fronts, you name it. Go crazy with your camera.

When it comes to the middle east remember that addon makers rely on reference pictures from things like 'Bobby's holiday in Jordan' where we try to get information from the backgrounds of pictures.

You have a moral respionsibility to the OFP community to get outside with your camera smile_o.gif (too strong - perhaps)

As an addon maker I can say quite firmly that you can never have too many reference pictures.

sry Mile smile_o.gif but reference is reference :-)

Sorry, I thought you already had enough reference pics. Ok then. Thats cool...more picys!!!!

By the way, scousejedi the Mk3 models are up on the private section of the FTP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi

sorry bout the delay

iam a little bit busy with some collage proj

but i belive i can find some visitor2 quality time later on

BTW ill also like to know how u guys wish to scale it

oh... now we're talking.

of cource I dont mind a few hours work, and i have a 8.1 mega-pixel camera just waiting for me to use it.

smile_o.gif

You might want to use Berghoff's Nature pack 4.It's in middeterenian style and the island coming with it has a pretty good terrain too. Other than that.. got to love those Hizzballa pics. And their bomb making skills in a particular picture.

Ok it's not exactly a database but all the units are listed here.

IDF Tags

Note:

1)Some of the tags represent reserve units, who are not in active service right now.

2)The IDF spokesperson tag is wrong and is no longer used.

The military radio tag is the correct one.

Hope it helps.

Just wonder whether you've reworked those Israeli soldiers' helmets? The helmet in your second version released was not round enough... Actually, Israeli soldiers' small cone type helmet should be very typical for their troops.

Yes OFPcat, the IDF helmets were totally redone by our member, Heyal.   Likewise our Egyptian hemets were all redone by Calm Terror to make them accurate to current Egyptian Army helmets (PASGT and older Russian style helmets).    

As for the Merkava....all I can say is, "whaaaaaaaaaaaat???"

What is the office in charge of the Merkava funding smoking?huh.gif   Granted a few Mk3's and Mk4's got fucked in Lebanon but Hezbollah would have fucked any modern main battle tank in the world in the same manner.   The Mk3 and Mk4 Merkavas are amongst the most heavily armored tanks in the world, but like all tanks, they have limitations.  

Better tactics, not fucking budget cuts are what are needed for the IDF and the Merkava program.    

While I do not support the latest invasion of Lebanon by the IDF, I think that the reaction by these know-nothing politicians is absurd.  Let me guess...they will now seek funding to buy M1A2 Abrams tanks?    Perhaps a case of Washington D.C. lobbying backfiring.  It is not unheard of defense lobbiests to play both sides of the fence in Washington D.C.

But I am going off-topic...to hell with the politicians, the LoBo IDF units are getting Merkavas in addon pack #3 although we also do have a M1A2 tank on the IDF simulating captured Egyptian M1A2 tanks.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry for the OT but this is a very serious topic, here are the links for the news in English.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92720

Says the entire project will stop with in 4 years becouse the top man in the IDF think it didn't done its job, i mean, what the **** is that all about, do they know how much M1's were lost in Iraq, no tank is unbeatable, no vehicle could survive what the Merkava tanks did, and most of the lost tanks were old Merk 2 models with no 4'th generation armor upgrades.

A very very stupid dessision, i hope the thing will be reconsidered ASAP.

From what i read they are just stopping production of them, doesnt say anywhere they will be phased out, the IDF have what? over a 1000 Mk3 & 4s, no doubt the they will just upgrade them until they are obsolete.

From what i read they are just stopping production of them, doesnt say anywhere they will be phased out, the IDF have what? over a 1000 Mk3 & 4s, no doubt the they will just upgrade them until they are obsolete.

Thats not the point, Israel got a lot of tanks, but when you stop production of a weapon, with years it will start to be old, not updated, less spare parts.

On of the reasons the Merkava project was made is to make an all Israeli made weapon system becouse other countrys didn't sell us the weapons we needed, so we decided to make one of our own and not beeing depend on other countrys (foe example UK when they cut us out of the Chfitain project, at the start the tank had to be Israeli-British made battle tank but arab countrys started all kind of sanctions).

Yes OFPcat, the IDF helmets were totally redone by our member, Heyal.  Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Could show some screenshoots for your latest IDF? Eargerly hope they could be released before coming of Armed Assault...

As for those Egyptian, but it seems they are not the main foe of IDF...

someone.. anybody.. ground control..

i could really use the editor names for the Egypt and IDF Units

or a link of whrere i can find it

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif