Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Here is a screenshot of a Galil Sniper (GALAT'Z) rifle I'm working on.  It's based off of an old galil addon I found in the old IDF weapons pack#1.  The rifle is made by Bergmania however I haven't been able to get in contact with him to ask his permission to use his rifle.  So I can only give him credit for it as he made a damn good GalilARM.  

So I give full credit to Bergmania for the model and textures.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom site for the Nimrod scope.  I did it before but forgot how I did it.  I have the scope picture and everything but I'm having a tough time with all the alpha textures and stuff.   sad_o.gif

If anyone can help me with that please let me know.  Thx.

At any rate here's a pic of the Galil.  Modifications on the original Galil model include adding a scope, widening the magazine, and adding a realistic and correctly positioned side scope mount.  

LoBoGalilSniper1.jpg

Below is a pic of the real rifle:

galil-sniper-1.gif

Right now the only other things that need work are an accurate muzzle flash hider (different then the Galil ARM) and a proper solid stock with the cheek rest on it.  

That and of coarse the Nimrod site picture that I need help on.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You have an extra face near the front iron sight, it's visible in first person view.

Oooh. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice that.

I'll make sure to remove that.

Thank you.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team is also now working on some Sherman tanks originally by Sturmtiger but modified with his permission into a series of IDF Sherman tanks by Calm_Terror. So far he has made the M1 Super Sherman, the M50 Super Sherman, the M51 Isherman, and the M60 HVMS Sherman tank (not to be confused with the M60 Patton). There are also plans for an Ambultank as well.

Below are some pics:

LoBoSherman1.jpg

LoBoSherman2.jpg

LoBoSherman3.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks good!  smile_o.gif

Do you have Egyptian units coming with these or are you just releasing the IDF by themselves.

Looking great miles, but the tzahal texture is reversed on the turret of the sherman.

And the galil looks really good.

Are you running the ship over at IDFsquad now? If so, your doing some good work, nice to see some progress from one of the longest running OFP mods.

Well, right now we're still waiting on Vipersheart for the Egyptian units... but if you all want we can re-release the NoONe's old units.  I recently made them equipped with JAM weapons.  

If anything they'd be good as place holders until our LoBo Egypt pack is released.  

However the problem is this.... they are all jpeg textures and the programs needed to change the texture paths for unbinarized, retextured BIS units does not work on my computer or on that of any of our members except for Vipersheart who is difficult to contact due to his active military career in which he has precious little time to work on the addons.   However, with that said, I could very quickly finish the pack if I had a good Middle Eastern soldier model and some textures to modify...  at the very least I could create a small Egyptian Army demo pack using JAM weapons.

So I'm currently talking to a few other Middle Eastern mod teams to see if that's possible.

But aside from the Egyptian infantry I have an Egyptian M60A3 tank ready to go, an SA-6 beta (it needs disappearing Missile proxies), and an Egyptian Mig-21.  Also Calm_Terror is working on an Egyptian T-34 tank.

But all those need Egyptian crew and I'm reluctant to release them before we have at least an Egyptian soldier demo pack that includes a pilot and tank crew.   Alot of people complained that the Egyptian C130 I released awhile back didn't have an Egyptian crew on it like in the pictures.  The crew in those pics were from our last LoBo Egypt beta which had some bugs with the Egyptian infantry that Vipersheart was working on fixing.  

So right now basically I'm trying to coordinate things with Vipersheart as I don't want to undermine his hard work by releasing my own version of the pack with new infantry models unless he tells me to.  If I did that it would be very uncool.  I prefer to keep the team unity strong and not try to mess up our relationships just because I'm in a hurry to release stuff.  Better to be patient then to see an addon team fall apart in bitter infighting.   That's happed way too often in the past with other mod teams.  But aside from AL leaving us (her and Uzi don't like each other), everybody is getting along just fine and things are progressing nicely.  

So hopefully the community will work with us and we'll get some kick ass addons released very soon.  They may not be perfect, but they'll provide some fun.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looking great miles, but the tzahal texture is reversed on the turret of the sherman.

And the galil looks really good.

Are you running the ship over at IDFsquad now?  If so, your doing some good work, nice to see some progress from one of the longest running OFP mods.

No actually Uzi is running the IDF Squad which is sorta seperate from Lost Brothers although Lost Brothers serves as a the base of OFP playing for the IDF Squad.

Me and Uzi talked about this and thought it was best to keep them seperate because the IDF Squad is more nationalistic while the Lost Brothers is a bit more encompassing of both sides of the Israeli-Arab conflicts in the region. I have an airborne mission that's almost ready, however as soon as the Egypt pack comes out I'll also be making missions from the Egyptian perspective. The missions will also be based upon a future fictional conflict between Israel and Egypt however as you can see we are making historical vehicles to allow you history buffs out there to re-create historic battles in the Sinai. We are also working with several Middle East mod teams (including several with Muslim members) which is another reason why it wouldn't be a good idea to link LoBo with the IDF Squad as one and the same.

But Uzi has been doing a great job in fixing up the IDFsquad website and really updating it nicely.

If you haven't seen the new page for the IDF squad its at:

http://www.idfsquad.com/index.php

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wich is backwards on the turret?

the letters IDF?

that texture ont he turret i think i will replace with random numbers some time. since as it is i can not reverse it. it is part of the side texture. and that the tanks don't actual have IDF on their turret.

alot of the texture stuff will be changed. IE the "V" symbol added along with numbers.

so no worries all these issue will be fixed.

i would say it is aboot 80% to being a BETA.

Tzahal, or 'Tzavah Haganah L'Yisrael' is displayed correctly on the body of the tank.  It's mirrored on the hull (and distorted).  If you need any help with hebrew or arabic, i can lend a hand.  Just PM me.

i fixed it. it was on the turret texture it's self so i jsut deleted it and replaced it with a chevon. and touched soem stuff up.

they look even better now.

but yes i would love some help with both hebrew and arabic.

since that stuff can be very confusing soem times.

except one weird thing is that on most armour and stuff the IDF does not used hebrew numbers it uses english type.

but if i need some things writen in arabic or hebrew i will PM you.

Wow this is looking great!! It's sad that more addon makers don't seem interested in these conflicts. The wars between 1967-73 are really interesting. There is a variety of equipment used on both sides and some of the best good old fashion infantry fighting you'll ever want. Keep up the good work!!

Dam they look great! Sadly this puts my mental stability in danger as I want to make missions with them. tounge_o.gif

they keep gettign better. I made a desert sherman.

and they are really fun to play with.

i fixed them up so the lods don't cause lag now.

nothing liek 20 shermans rumblign toward the egyptain lines.. tounge_o.gif

lol I need now an m2 and m3 half track. wink_o.gif

they keep gettign better. I made a desert sherman.

and they are really fun to play with.

i fixed them up so the lods don't cause lag now.

nothing liek 20 shermans rumblign toward the egyptain lines.. tounge_o.gif

lol I need now an m2 and m3 half track. wink_o.gif

Invasion 44 has a pretty cool one. Maybe you could use theirs. RHS has a BTR-152 on which you could mount aa guns. I believe the IDF used guns from their vantour bombers on these captured vehicles. A nice T-55 to rework into a tiran would be the RHS one smile_o.gif Lots of options!

And BTR-152 and T-55 can also be made as egyptian versions!  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Me too suggest to contact Invasion 1944 for vehicles. They have that halftrack and I believe IDF used willy's jeep and lots of different kind small arms like MP-40 and Garand M1.

Sheesh when are those shermans ever goint o be released been waiting for ever to play with them...

sheesh Lost brother what takign so long?

lol

oh yeah there shoudl be a beta soon with once Miles finishs the demo mission. along with a small bonus beta..

Good news.  The Egyptian infantry beta pack is almost finished!  Also great progress is being made on our Puma heavy APC/CEV with the machine gun now working...now we just gotta get the proxies sorted out and a overhead weapons station (OWS) to replace the pintle mounted M240 currently on the Puma.  

Here are some screenshots of the Egyptian forces coming soon from the Lost Brothers Mod team.

LoBoEgyptCom1.jpg

LoBoEgyptInfantry1.jpg

LoBoEgyptInfantry2.jpg

IDFparatroopers5.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

With all the respect, I strongly doubt that Egyptians would use T-34/76 in 1956. All T-34s suplied to Egypt from Soviet union and later from Czechoslovakia were T-34/85.

Also cammo of egytian tanks was not so greenish, but very light sand yellow.

Some of Israeli Shermans were in olive green cammo, but most of them were sand yellow as well. Shermans (and other AFV, I have pics of M50s) have white stripe with black borders on top of the vehicle (from front to rear) for easier aerial recognition. Most of the Shermans used in 1956 were M1s (M4A1), so called Supershermans, equiped with 76mm gun (suplied by France). Some '56 Shermans were upgraded French Shermans, signed M-50, armed with 75mm high velocity gun in modified turret.

To complete list of most used Sherman modifications, in late 60-ties the most powerful Sherman was made. M51, so called Isherman, with powerfull French 105mm gun took place in Six day war.

actual that is an T34-85

it has the 85mm gun.

the texturing is not finished I just have not redone it.

and we have 2 verisions of each sherman.

and actual the most powerful sherman made was the m60.

but we do have most of the shermans used.

m4a3, m1, m50, m51, m60 and there will be more.

this was jsut a sample beta se we cna get feed back and bug report.

if you have some images of the pained turrets then send them over to me.

the t34 was put on hold along with the IS-2 but we desided to move forward with them for the shermans to fight againest.

both the IS-2 and T34 need the colour adjusted. I know that.

I just did them this colour as a place holder.

they will be more sand colour later.

and actual alot of the shermans the IDf had where still OD.

but I made 2 sets for a few as tests.. one in the normal OD and 1 in Sandish.

as for the weapons.

I gave them the curret weapon systems.

kinda hard to tell what kind of gun it has for jsut a picture huh?

lol

Even if the barrel is longer the turret still looks like a /76 one.

Right now it looks more like the T-34 version with a 57 mm gun.

Egyptian infantry looks nice. smile_o.gif