Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Quote[/b] ]

Actually now that I think about it, we did use exhisting ammo pouches and rucksacks to update the field packs and ammo pouch layout on some of our IDF units.  Now for example many of the IDF soldiers have more appropriate small assault packs rather then huge rucksacks on their backs.  Most of the MG gunners also have appropriate ammo pouches as well.

So overall our IDF regular, airborne,special forces, and police forces now look alot closer to the real life units.  We also do have Mossberg and Remington shotguns on some units as well.

No Beneli shotguns yet however.  

Some units now also have goggles, but they are not moveable for various reasons.  However they are in the up position.  Myself and Calm Terror had long and heated arguements over goggles and which units should and shouldn't have them.  

At any rate, when we get Addon pack #3 released you'll be able to see how we've updated the units and then give some feedback on them (along with the rest of our IDF advisors).

If you look on the LoBo thread in the discussion section, if you flip back through the pages you can see lots of pics of some of our newer units were are putting into Addon pack #3 including pics of some of the updated infantry units.

That thread can be found here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=525

Its perhaps best to continue this discussion on that thread in the "Addon: Discussion" section.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

smile_o.gif

Glad you added vest etc

btw you didenwt answer question, do you need pictures of IDF gear {headgear,optics etc} and soldiers ?

Those goggles You saw of the Sayeret YAHALOM are used mostly by SF units, its rare to find non-Sf using them,

anyways, heres some pictures of IDF paratroopers from the *"OREV" brigade {Anti-tank that also take part in non AT ops - cuz the palastines dfont have tanks} in the terretories:

Para with GL

During nighttime operation

"OREV" over Nablus

Designated Marksman

*OREV = THE Anti-Tank weapon used by the IDF.

IF I COULD LEARN HOW TO TEXTURE THEM UNITS WOULD YOU ALLOW ME TO? Ill AT YOUR NAME TO TO IT AS THERE CREATER? whistle.gif  IS THERE A WAY I CAN CHANGE THERE WEAPONS TO THE JAM TYPE?

If you want to sure, and yes weapons can be converted to JAM weapons.  

But you realize that we have an addon pack #2 that has a HUGE amount of addons right?  

We will eventually have a HUGE Syrian addon pack that will be totally redone to be much more accurate and higher quality. We will also have Jordanian, Labanese, & Palestinian units as well.   Because of this we will not work on any of those extremely old addons packs.  However anyone who wants to redo that old pack can as long as they give credit to the Lost Brothers Mod.  Vipersheart did most of the work on those early addons.

Our latest released addon packs are here:

Addon Pack #2

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7335

Arab Civilian/Insurgent pack

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8618

Sinai Map (latest version)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8795

Iran/Iraq map and Iranian units

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9336

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

It's great to have all these IDF/Egyptian/Iranian/Jordanian addons.

Though......Are there ANY missions or campaigns done with them?

sad_o.gif

Campaigns?  No.  That is because I'm the only mission maker actively making missions and I work very slow.  However...

Just about all of those packs do include at least one mission or more missions.

Oh....I should mention also that the picture of the Magach 6 posted is not ours but is the work of another addon maker.  We used their textures on our last version but also added actual ERA blocks on the tank.  We actually completely redid the Magach 6 in our upcoming addonpack #3 using Sigma-6's M60 model and textures along with modifications to the model and textures (and addition of ERA) so that now it is even more realistic looking.

LoBoMagach6_2.jpg

Finally we just released a video showing our M60 based Magach 7C tank along with other units like our Puma APC carrying the CARPET fuel air artillery system.  

The video has been kindly hosted by ofp.info and can be found here:

ftp://www.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/videos/LoBoDemo1.wmv

or here:

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/videos/LoBoDemo1.wmv

This is my first attempt at a OFP video but I think it came out fairly well.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

Nice video and addons.

That artillery system is very cool..., no wait, hot fits better. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks. I'm surprised nobody has complained about the short range and odd look of the CARPET rockets. The usual enagement range of the system is about 200 meters against landmines and they really look like little fat bombs in real life. lol

Right now I'm working on a few more videos that will show some nice stuff including a shot from a fierce night battle in the Sinai using Wolfbane's tracer FX addon. It'll also show a airport terminal hostage rescue mission I'm working on that's pretty intense. You'll see the commando and police units swarming around and into the terminal with some commandos fast roping down onto the roof of the terminal from a blackhawk helicopter.

Right now I'm just trying to find some nice music to fit the scenes. I'm also busy updating all the readmes and preparing addon pack #3 for release as I think we fixed the last major bug.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok, our Mod is just delayed a tiny bit more....but for good reason...we're working on these bad boys:

LoBo_HizBalls1.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls2.jpg

These guys are still being worked on. The final versions will include different helmet types, different types of rifles, and they will eventually have an RPG-29 as well crew various types of ATGM's. We will have the assault guys loaded down with alot of gear.

So hopefully soon our IDF guys will have a tough enemy to fight on our Lebanon map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm Hizballah looks good, if you could "sharpen" the helemt textures a bit it would be great. btw I saw pics of some of them with PASGAT helemts I think, with no camolfague on them.

Hizballah also used AT-4 'Fagot' and TOW missels & also Saggers against our tanks in the recent Lebanon events, not only RPG-29. [just so you would know].

Great work ! biggrin_o.gif

looks very nice..Keep it up wink_o.gif

Nice units. I hope you include the syrian lizard pattern camo in addition to the woodland camo.

Some pictures that might help.

13xi1.jpg

11qq1.jpg

What facepack are you using for your hezbollah troops?

Your own or one of the pre-existing?

I dont recognize the one in the pics so im just curious.

Looks good though. I look forward to a good high Hezbollah body count when this comes out thumbs-up.gif

Right now, a Syrian lizard pattern is not yet in the works until we do our Syrian units later (which actually Calm Terror has already begun working on).   This Hezbollah pack is designed to be a simple pack that will give the IDF something to shoot at on our Lebanon map that is more realistic then our terrorist pack (which look more like Hamas militants or Al-Qaeda militants).  

I have yet to see any pictures of Hezbollah soldiers using PASGT helmets although it would not surprise me if a few used them.  The two primary helmets used from what I can tell are old French made helmets as well as the Israeli kevlar helmets (or imitations of those helmets).  

Body armor is usually a PASGT type vest although a few units are seen wearing Level IV body armor with ceramic plates.  But our units will just have the PASGT type vest which is Level III soft body armor (so they will not stop rifle bullets usually).  

Our units will be primarily the more elite commando and scout units so the primary weapons will be the CAR-15, M16A2, M203, and M249 SAW.  We will also make two of each with AKM rifles.  Anti-tank units will have RPG-7's and RPG-29's.

There will also be units that will crew TOW and Ra'ad-T ATGM's.   The Ra'ad-T are Iranian made tandem warhead, SACLOS guided versions of the old AT-3 SAGGER.  Essentially they are modernized and more lethal SAGGER variants.

We may also stick the Hezbollah units on ZPU-4 and ZSU-23-2 AA guns.

Unit types for Commandos and Scouts will be:

-An officer,

-3 types of riflemen,

-a machine gunner,

-two RPG types,

-a medic,

-an engineer,

-and a sniper (most likely using an SVD rifle, although I've seen some carrying an unknown type of bolt-action rifle).  Personally I would prefer to give them a Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle or a Remington 700.

For the lower tier Hezbollah reserve militias, we will use our terrorist pack to simulate those in our missions most likely.  

Again our primary need at the moment is just to make a nice small Hezbollah pack simulating their more elite, heavily armed units.  Later on we will probably update them as we later work on the Syrians and Lebanese armies.

The faces by the way are from either our terrorist pack or our Egyptian Army pack. I'm not exactly sure which.  Regardless, I hope to add more bearded faces as a great number of the Hezbollah fighters have thick beards.  

Blood textures still need to be made as well...I am sure Calm Terror will make them plenty bloody, but for me its not a big deal as I don't play OFP to see lots of blood and gore.

These guys are made to be tough and deadly opponents that will give players a real challenge.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You should make al-Qassam commandos since your makeing Hezbollah

Later when our Gaza map is finished we might do that, but for right now, we will be concentrating on finishing these Hezbollah guys. For the Palestinian camp on our Sinai 1.4 map that we released, mission makers can use our Arab Terrorist/Civilian pack to simulate Hamas and Palestinian civilians since very few Palestinian militant groups wear any kind of standardized uniform except a few units when they do parades.

After Addon pack #3 our focus will be on finishing our Jordanian military pack, updating our IDF units, finishing our historic pack, and eventually our last major project which will be doing a massive Syrian military pack. After that it will mainly just be updates and perhaps small projects like a small Saudi Arabian military pack and stuff like that.

Somewhere in the middle of all that we may release some kind of special Hamas units but really its not a high priority.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I hope you include some good blood textures for those hezbollah units, since I intend to see those a lot wink_o.gif

wahahahahahah!

And nice explosions and smoke plumes on the ketyusha launchers aswell! rofl.gifwink_o.gif

Are you guys also making the Negev mg??? And stuff like those ketyusha lauchers on pickup trucks? And maybee a dude who looks like Nasarallah would be elite for sniper missions. Allthough Ill probally go for the JDAM strike option.

Good work, Ive played arround with the older units and tanks and stuff in making missions arround the current conflict. Which is nice for OFP sims because most of the stuff is doable in OFP.

keep up the good work!

Lost Brothers team, did you improve the IDF soldiers unifrom texture and added them Combat Vest & Body armor ? [ceramic body armor etc.].

Again, if you need pictures of IDF gear I can get them to you from isayeret.com -> I have full acces.

Hi

im interestet in this, what kind of armored vehicle an cars are comming? I have read about the soldiers at hthe other sited but really little over tanks and vehicle! help.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.giffirefoxlover.gif

Hi

im interestet in this, what kind of armored vehicle an cars are comming? I have read about the soldiers at hthe other sited but really little over tanks and vehicle! help.gif  thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif  firefoxlover.gif

An Achzarit APC for example;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ach.jpg

(w.i.p. to be released before the end of september hopefully)

oops, I did it again threadjacked.gif

wink_o.gif

Who's Achzarit is that? We were looking for a texture artist for ours or is that Godzilla's model that you are texturing? Otherwise Calm Terror was going to try his best to texture ours.

We have Merkava Mk3 and Mk3 Baz models also that need texturing.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes we do have the Negev MG in various versions on our IDF forces now as well as mounted on helicopters. However no Nasrallah dude yet (although you could probably use the setface command to put a similar bearded face on one of our Arab civilians from our Arab insurgent/civilian addon pack.

Its possible in the future that we may make some black turbaned Islamic clerics to simulate Iranian and Lebanese Imams. But then to balance that we'll need to make some Rabis also. I know Uziyahu also has been wanting us to make some monks to put in St. Catherine's in the Sinai.

We don't have any rockets on pickups yet (primarily because they don't work other then as targets and doing direct fire missions which isn't very realistic). We do have a single launcher on the ground, but unfortunately again it doesn't work well and needs alot of work. But its usable as a target to attack.

Dedicated hezbollah weapons like truck mounted launchers will be something for future updates. Right now again, the goal is just to make a small quick and dirty Hezbollah pack to stuff into Addon pack #3 which is full of new stuff. The only reason why we are giving them TOW and AT-3 launchers is because we already have that stuff for our IDF and Egyptian units. So its a simple matter to make Hezbollah units with those ATGM's.

As for our IDF forces, they have been somewhat updated. However, the new body armor is not on them with the ceramic plates. That will have to wait until we release the next update which will be one dedicated IDF pack with nothing but IDF updates. We also need a dedicated texture artist to do the fine detailed work required to make custom body armor for our units unless we can get permission to use a vest similar to the one the IDF uses and just modify the textures.

New armor in addon pack #3 will include:

New Magach 6 (with ERA)

Magach 7A

Magach 7C

Merkava Mk1

temporary Merkava Mk3

Updated M113 ambulance

Updated M113 technical

Nagman APC (Zelda with armored observation turret)

Puma APC with CARPET thermobaric anti-mine rocket system.

Egyptian Armor:

Updated M60A1 and A2

T-54/55

ZSU-57 AA tank

BTR-50/OT-62

PT-76 light tank

updated M1A1/A2 Abrams

Updated SA-6 mobile SAM and targetting radar systems that are mounted on armored vehicles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Who's Achzarit is that?  We were looking for a texture artist for ours or is that Godzilla's model that you are texturing?  Otherwise Calm Terror was going to try his best to texture ours.

We have Merkava Mk3 and Mk3 Baz models also that need texturing.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

No that's my own model actually. Not 100% accurate, but it only has a few very minor flaws. The basic shape was created in a few days, so for a one-week model it's not too bad. I'm not a textureartist (I'm more a modeler) and this is the first model that I'm creating textures for. It's a pain in the ass, but it's going quite well so far (thanks to FAB's texture tutorial with the blue-print tip).

Good to hear you are also creating one. The Isreali armored vehicles are unique and it's a real shame there are not more of them in OFP. Compared to US and Russian armored vehicles the isreali vehicles are much more interesting. This will especially be the case when ArmA support multiple gunners and than armored vehicles like the Nagmachon could be armed with multiple machine guns. I'm already looking forward to it smile_o.gif

This will especially be the case when ArmA support multiple gunners and than armored vehicles like the Nagmachon could be armed with multiple machine guns. I'm already looking forward to it smile_o.gif

Yeah and your definatly not alone in that. Whoa also the Achzarit has 4 mg's mounted. Which will be excellent for driving thrue a street and shooting up the whole area! thumbs-up.gif

A nagmachon would be awesome to have. Too bad you cannot shovel things in OFP. Otherwise we could have the armoured bulldozer aswell! Awesome equipment the Israelis have. Unique is a good word for it! smile_o.gif