Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Chernobyl island

Hi,

I am making a island called Chernobyl. It is an place North of Kiev. As most of you know there was a atomic plant, and something went wrong with it, it spreaded out radiation and all people left the place now called the "dead zone". Now about 20 years later it is still as it was 20 years ago and that is what I want to create.

A place where nobody lives anymore, and how closer you get to the atomic plant how more creepy it will look. Radiation signs next to the road, checkpoints and ofcouse the atomic plant itself will be there.

I am going to create farmlands, industrial zones and cities also a harbour near the river maybe.

So what do you think? post suggestions here. smile_o.gif

No pictures are available yet!

Chernobyl

If noone lives there because of the radiation thing, why would there be cities and farmland rock.gif. Sounds like a cool island though smile_o.gif

will be very cool if you´re able to catch the real chernobyl feeling in your map.

recently i have seen a nice ( crazy_o.gif ) photojournal by a woman who took her kawasaki for a ride through the dead zone. <s>but the page seems to be gone  ->link</s>

more pix should be floating around in the stalker thread

will you make new buildings too ?

edit: Krak has the correct link  smile_o.gif

If noone lives there because of the radiation thing, why would there be cities and farmland rock.gif.  Sounds like a cool island though smile_o.gif

Well, others already posted the link:

image3.1.jpg

image6.3.JPG

image12.3.JPG

They call it the ghost town.

Quote[/b] ]will you make new buildings too ?
Maybe if the Island is at an advanced stage. Still need to train abit with Oxygen too:)

looks real cool, the real place that is, but why would someone be fighting on that "island"

isnt it somewhere everyone should stay away from, not fight for...

wow_o.gif

This will be great with all those zombie addons biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If noone lives there because of the radiation thing, why would there be cities and farmland . Sounds like a cool island though

Because there were already cities and farmland there when it all happened. We watched a video of this in chemistry last semester, actually took you inside the power plant really weird.

This will be great with all those zombie addons biggrin_o.gif

Ya, especially after reading this part

Quote[/b] ]There are many places that not structurally safe, or have collected pockets of intense radiation. There are places where no one dares to go, not even scientists with protective gear. One such place is the Red Wood forest and another is the Ghost Town Cemetary. The relatives of the people who are buried there can not visit, because in addition to people, much of the radioctive graphite nuclear core is buried there. It is one of the most toxic places on earth.

NUCLEAR ZOMBIES!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Strange idea ..... but a great idea anyway  tounge_o.gif

Would like to play on it (perhaps with some zombis in the "Ghost town"  wink_o.gif )

A harbour would be nice, and the atomicplant of course, too. Will you built your own one? Or use for example AgentSmith IndustrialPack? I would like to see a "new" one  smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

yea, a well thought out night of the living dead might work there, (WELL THOUGHT OUT!!!) but I think this is a mighty big project to do right, and seeing's how its all fiction, I dont see it being that great an idea. (sorry for being a party pooper)

But this did introduce me to that site spongebob posted... amazing site of pics of the abandoned town etc. which disturbed me, and intrigued me into learning more about the ghost town at chernobyl... theres so much stuff left there, noone packed a damn thing, they hightailed it out of there, now it looks like 20 years after a nuclear holocaust.

(i know,,, thats pretty much what it is)

I remember the first time i fired up OPF's editor and went for a spin it felt weird, like all those villages and small farms and bases on Everon and absolutely no life, no people, no fauna, nothing crazy_o.gif .

Sounds like a cool place for some weird stuff to happen, nice.

its a sad thing,

the guys who put up that protective shield and shit, and helped burry some of the waste and such all died eventually im pretty sure,,, thats quite sad.

i noticed in the pics you guys posted, theres one that shows it all melted down and messed up looking, then theres newer pics with the barrier shield thing built around the factory, im pretty sure all who helped to clean up and build those structures died, they didnt have proper safety equiptment.

can anyone verify this?

yeah, first they sent in some helos or something to drop the dampening stuff. Then they had soldiers, euphemistically called "Bio-robots" or something like that.. Basically told to run really quick, drop their packs and get out quick.

Pretty much all of them died.

Oh yeah, and a game is in development, set in Chernobyl:

http://www.stalker-game.com/

Yea, I will be creating some new buildings, mostly apartments as you see in the ghost town pictures. I will do this when the Island is at an advance stage, currently I am making the landscape. wink_o.gif

Hmm, nonne can stay longer in the Death Zone so what sense would a campaign in that area have?

Dont think any soldier would be so stupid and say ok if someone tells them hey we go to chernobyl and stay there a while biggrin_o.gif

Why not make some real decent Chechnya island with us  tounge_o.gif

Had this in mind since a long while but noone had time to make some buildings n stuff for it.

Just a idea though...

Dont you think youre busy enough atm, btw heard the HD was fried... AGAIN wow_o.gif

Hmm, nonne can stay longer in the Death Zone so what sense would a campaign in that area have?

Dont think any soldier would be so stupid and say ok if someone tells them hey we go to chernobyl and stay there a while biggrin_o.gif

Who said it has to take place now? It could be set in the future when its deemed safe to return and several countries want it for themselves rock.gif

Who said it has to take place now? It could be set in the future when its deemed safe to return and several countries want it for themselves rock.gif

Didn't know radioactive wasteland was that popular nowadays. tounge_o.gif