Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Liberation 1941 - 1945 demo is out !!!

I forgot to mention, at the start of the mission when I command my truck driver to move north along the road, he drives from side to side like he's up to his 4th bottle of vodka. crazy_o.gif

perhaps because you have him on "danger" setting. Order him to stay cool and he'll drive just fine. It's an OFP setting, not their fault.

Were's Winter war Mod? Any news from them?

I think that mod is dead, but FDF mod has hinted that they will probably eventually start making Finnish Winter War units, they already have almost all the WW2 infantry weapons as a matter of fact, because Finnish reserves have used them for a long time after WW2. smile_o.gif

@Desatnik, yes the Maxim is amazing otherwise, it should just be mobile.

@ZiRo: I think a Russian WW2 mod won't be making modern American grenades, it's probably known among editors how you make the grenades spin anyway, and it isn't even that noticeable with round 'nades probably...

It's not the spinning that impresses me on the nades.... it's the delayed fuzes and how they kick up a little dust when they hit the ground and then like 2 seconds later, explode. THAT is the cool part about these 'nades.

smile_o.gif

Overall I am REALLY enjoying this WWII mod. It's incredibly well done. My favorite addon in it however are the LA-5 AP aircraft. These are the first aircraft I've seen in OFP that specifically target enemy soldiers. I wish Footmunch would make this a feature on his A-1 Skyraider. It's so cool watching the LA-5 strafe enemy infantry.

At any rate, I had some really cool battles against the Inv1944 German troops. There also is an old Russian tank addon pack that came out with a whole bunch of Russian tanks. Those go well with this mod I think.

Anyways, I think you all did a wonderful job and I really look forward to future versions of this mod.

I give it a BIG thumbs up!!!

The main thing I would like to see is: More tanks, an AT rifle, and SOME KIND OF man-carried AT rocket!!!! Right now aside from the AT artillery, they are defenseless against tanks. sad_o.gif I had to give them the Inv1944's Panzerfausts simulating captured Panzerfausts.

They also could use a sniper with a scoped Mogin-Nagant rifle.

The SEB NAM pack2 has a great one.

But I'm sure all those things will be added later.

Again, great job and keep up the wonderful work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I forgot to mention, at the start of the mission when I command my truck driver to move north along the road, he drives from side to side like he's up to his 4th bottle of vodka. crazy_o.gif

perhaps because you have him on "danger" setting. Order him to stay cool and he'll drive just fine.

If I ask for danger, I expect to get it! mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Miles, ECP has timed grenades but no dust puff BTW.

And hmm, what about these infantry AT rockets, now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen any WW2 Russian AT rockets. rock.gif Does anyone have info on them, if they existed I would suspect that they weren't that largely profilerated, or...?

The Russians used a lot of high-caliber AT rifles against light armor, on the other hand...

The main thing I would like to see is:  More tanks, an AT rifle, and SOME KIND OF man-carried AT rocket!!!!   Right now aside from the AT artillery, they are defenseless against tanks.  sad_o.gif   I had to give them the Inv1944's Panzerfausts simulating captured Panzerfausts.  

I'm not completely sure, but I think hte main infantry AT weapon were two types of AT rifles. I don't think they had any AT rockets (perhaps later in the war they had bazookas supplied by the western allies).

Infantry in the red army was very mulpti-purpose; they could do massive human-wave attacks, clean minefield by running through them, trow themselfs in front of MG fire and shoot their own men if they wouldn't run hard enough  tounge_o.gif

with other words; there were plenty of them and they were used as such. The main AT weapon was a tank and AT gun. If those were not around the infantry had to attack the tank themselves (by trowing grenades in the barrel ect). Don't think of the red army as a highly trained elite force that kicked the germans out; the germans were simply ill-prepared for winter and completely outnumbered. If that would not have been the case, they would probably have won. Don't forget 17 million russians died in WW2. German losses on the eastern front were WAY less.

Thanks for the AT info Frostbite, the rest is true also.

BTW what's the best T-34 addon right now? I don't like Steam's one, and I know that sweeeeet Marfy one is in the works. wink_o.gif

Cool Mod with very nice features smile_o.gif

The thing i would like to see in the future is a BM-13-16 "Katiusha" Rocket Launcher truck and the possibility to attach the AT cannon (and even the Maxim MG) to a truck, so it can be deployed elsewhere.

This said, very nice Beta wink_o.gif

Katyasha would be very cool. They were big part of russian army atleast in later part of the war.

Thanks good info Frostbite. Hmm... it would be interesting to do a mission simulating Russian tactics during WWII, but unfortunately the number of men required would seriously lag most computers. Did anyone ever fix up that old Stalingrad map? I remember it was quite good but WAAAY too big and lagged like hell. However it had excellent custom buildings and was quite innovative. I hope someone streamlines that map or at least uses the objects from it to make a smaller Stalingrad map.

With a good Russian WWII era sniper rifle it would be cool to have some sniper wars in the ruins of Stalingrad.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There's PTRD (Degtyarev's rifle) and PTRS (Simonov's one)

13,5 mm. Second - is with 5 round magazine.

It uses from september of 1941 during Moscow operation.

We'll make PTRD.

Captured Panzerfuast used from 1944. But it was not in official use.

About 1940 year finnish forses. Yes, Suomi submachinegun, Mosin (prodused in Finland in 1920-1940), Maxim MG used after WWII. And many of captured soviet tanks.

And of course Vickers 6 ton (T-26 based on it too).

Cool Mod with very nice features  smile_o.gif

The thing i would like to see in the future is a BM-13-16 "Katiusha" Rocket Launcher truck and the possibility to attach the AT cannon (and even the Maxim MG) to a truck, so it can be deployed elsewhere.

This said, very nice Beta  wink_o.gif

You CAN tow the AT and deploy it somewhere else biggrin_o.gif

Care to explain? Ids this a Lib1941 feature or are u using the script from that cool german pack AT cannon?

Very nice work, but I agree about the Maksim MG sound. It is a bit too weak and sounds more like something knocking on wood quite fast.

The tanks are simply amazing besides the bug already posted, and solved for that matter. Very good job on those, but the thing that really made me love this demo was the soldiers and the trucks, outstanding! Would any of you mind telling us more about these white collars though? It would be interesting to hear the story behind them.

Also, on a sidenote. I hope you and FDFMOD can work together IF FDFMOD plans on producing any WW2 units (Finnish and Russians), that would be very nice since both teams offer work of very high quality.

@Bonko, just back up against the AT-piece whilst in a GAZ-24AA and step outside to hook the cannon. Make sure it's empty beforehand though!

Yer uhm gollum, i want them cus:

A) they spin

B) they bounce when they hit the floor

C) delayed fuze

Perfect OFP grenade IMO.

We need a small addon of it, and it WILL be standard, it doesnt use config bins or anything and it bounces and it absolutly owns!

-ZiRo

The Russians had RPGs during the ending years of WWII.

Link? smile_o.gif

Hey saper are you from the Liberation 41-45?

If so tell your team that they are doing a hell of a good job but I guess they already know that smile_o.gif

A few questions from me..

1)What scenarios are you focusing on and what islands are you curently making?Battles etc.

2)Are you going to make new "weapon holding" animations for your weapons cause BIS ones totally suck...

1. Scenario based on real men. There was three brothers on soviet military service. Its a story about them.

1-st episode - about begin of war (for USSR) in 22 june 1941.

Compain begin near Brest fortress and Kobrin.

Duher make game location (not island) named "Kobrin".

Will be Smolensk, Kharkov and Stalingrad.

2. BIS give us beutiful wargame. Now I know - its hard work. smile_o.gif Thx'em for this work.

Cribban work with us and make custom animation.

Care to explain? Ids this a Lib1941 feature or are u using the script from that cool german pack AT cannon?

I played the mini campaing and was able to attach the AT to one of the trucks.

You have to move a bit over the AT gun and then check if you  are able to do so.

I myself did not do anything because its their mini campaign smile_o.gif

I checked in the mission editor its simple a feature of Lib41-45  the Maxim you cant tow rock.gif

Very nice work,

Minor niggle, the T26 needs it's weight adjusted, I had one come around a corner and collide with an I44 sdkfz251, the T26 went flying 500 feet into the air.

<love the replacing knocked out tanks with wreck models, makes the battlefield look properly untidy, not like my daughter's toybox> smile_o.gif

The main thing I would like to see is:  More tanks, an AT rifle, and SOME KIND OF man-carried AT rocket!!!!   Right now aside from the AT artillery, they are defenseless against tanks.  sad_o.gif   I had to give them the Inv1944's Panzerfausts simulating captured Panzerfausts.  

I'm not completely sure, but I think hte main infantry AT weapon were two types of AT rifles. I don't think they had any AT rockets (perhaps later in the war they had bazookas supplied by the western allies).

Infantry in the red army was very mulpti-purpose; they could do massive human-wave attacks, clean minefield by running through them, trow themselfs in front of MG fire and shoot their own men if they wouldn't run hard enough  tounge_o.gif

with other words; there were plenty of them and they were used as such. The main AT weapon was a tank and AT gun. If those were not around the infantry had to attack the tank themselves (by trowing grenades in the barrel ect). Don't think of the red army as a highly trained elite force that kicked the germans out; the germans were simply ill-prepared for winter and completely outnumbered. If that would not have been the case, they would probably have won. Don't forget 17 million russians died in WW2. German losses on the eastern front were WAY less.

hmmm.... could those losses be because of the 13 million civilians killed? There were around 8 million Red Army casualties so I suspect that the 5 million Germans lost on the Eastern front was not that lower if you just take the army stance. The civilians however add substantially to the Soviet losses as a whole - correct me if I am wrong on those statistics but I think that there are too many sources that debate this...

sad_o.gif

anyhoo .. the point of this reply was that I kind of found your description of the Red Army men objectionable to me and my family of which half was wiped out in WW2. Please dont just regard them as simple masses but see them as people like my grandfather and grandmother. Also there was an extremely high level of professionalism in a lot of the Guards units which did the fighting... and you cant just say that the Germans lost because of the weather. There were many factors, one of which is the Russian resistance to the Germans.... without this resistance, the Germans surely would have taken the country.. ex. would be the Defense of the fortress Brest Litovsk which delayed the Germans for a long time. Weather does play a part but still please pay respect to what my people did accomplish. I am not talking about those second rate reserve forces that give every country a bad name.

Sincerely

hmmm.... could those losses be because of the 13 million civilians killed? There were around 8 million Red Army casualties so I suspect that the 5 million Germans lost on the Eastern front was not that lower if you just take the army stance. The civilians however add substantially to the Soviet losses as a whole - correct me if I am wrong on those statistics but I think that there are too many sources that debate this...

sad_o.gif

anyhoo .. the point of this reply was that I kind of found your description of the Red Army men objectionable to me and my family of which half was wiped out in WW2. Please dont just regard them as simple masses but see them as people like my grandfather and grandmother. Also there was an extremely high level of professionalism in a lot of the Guards units which did the fighting... and you cant just say that the Germans lost because of the weather. There were many factors, one of which is the Russian resistance to the Germans.... without this resistance, the Germans surely would have taken the country.. ex. would be the Defense of the fortress Brest Litovsk which delayed the Germans for a long time. Weather does play a part but still please pay respect to what my people did accomplish. I am not talking about those second rate reserve forces that give every country a bad name.

Sincerely

Please don't see my post as an insult, it wasn't meant as such.

The red army was mainly a warmachine depending on their superiour numbers. It's not that the men were that bad, but generals were pushed by stalin to archieve succeses. If they would fail they would end of on a place where it's really cold (siberia). So the generals often used the infantry as suicide squads and didn't really care if many of them died. So it's not really the men that were bad soldiers, they were commanded by bad commanders who didn't use the soldiers well. Also; many generals were executed just before the war, so there weren't a lot of good experienced commanders around. Overall bad commanding was the cause of the high number of losses in field battles with the germans.

indeed the russian civilian population suffered enourmous losses. Mainly because the germans saw them as "untermenschen". However; I believe many civilians died while fighting the germans. German losses were also quite high, but still much less than the russians. Only later in the war this changed a little and germans began to loose a lot of men. Mainly at stalingrad and leningrad. Those two battles added a lot of dead to the statistics. In 'normal' battles the germans lost a lot less men than the russians. Their "kill-ratio" (amount of kills against amount of losses) was much higher than the russians.

About the weather; the weather grounded the german luftwaffe. That played an major role in the german defeat. In the early day it was like duckshooting for the german stuka-tankhunters (with the two underwing cannons). Their tanks were not suited for the type of terrain (too narrow tracks) and the weather. So overall these factors seriously reduced the ability of the germans to fight the war. The russian forces were mcuh better prepared and their armor was much better suited for the terrain.

The russian population and the red army accomplished something very difficult and they deserve the credit for it. But unfortunately losses were high. However; the level of determantion and flexability of the population and army were very high and made that the germans lost eventually.

Just curious, will the full version of Liberation 41-45 feature custom main config, menu, russian/german radio voices etc?