Sign in to follow this  
Gadger

Ofp campers

Took a peek at it when I was at 40% done, and promptly cancelled it. Nothing more that a pissing demonstratioin. You guys could of at least sprung for Frap 2.0 and gotten some video with sound. I recommend using divx instead of wmv. I've done extensive testing and found divx to beat MS's format hands-down.

Oh well, I'll have to give that vegas video thing a look.

Quote[/b] ]You guys could of at least sprung for Frap 2.0 and gotten some video with sound

It is fraps 2.0 sound from game only made performance whilst recording bad and adding sound input increases the raw avi file size by too much.

Quote[/b] ]Nothing more that a pissing demonstratioin

Sorry if you feel that way, its a light hearted poke at campers, nothing more nothing less. (The pissing demonstrations will take place in Super Players I. Be sure to bookmark this thread to take a peak)

Quote[/b] ] I recommend using divx instead of wmv. I've done extensive testing and found divx to beat MS's format hands-down.

TBH we thought using xvid or divx codec would be alienating some of the people that could watch the movie, not everybody has or knows how to get the correct codec, wmv is cheap easy, and everyone has it.

TBH we thought using xvid or divx codec would be alienating some of the people that could watch the movie, not everybody has or knows how to get the correct codec, wmv is cheap easy, and everyone has it.

True, but divx is pretty damn easy to get and install. I say if people are too stupid to obtain one of the most popular codecs around, then to hell with em!

PLease make a seperate Xvid or DivX (hey anyone else just notice those are the same word backwards? wow_o.gifrock.gifcrazy_o.gif )

upload so that we have the option wink_o.gif

nice one Gazzy LOL

And indeed the war goes on, notorious camper at your service tounge_o.gif (allthought i prefer the term "tactical player"  wink_o.gif )

And why cant some guys see that this Video is just ment as humor?

Mean i could make a fraps also with me sneaking around Litle E and moving from cover to cover. Then shooting guys running around like blindchickens (some call em Rambo's wink_o.gif )and giving them some ass shots :P

would that make me say everyone should play OFP stealthy and sneaky? i hope not would make it a boring game.

ps Gaz, im a litle disappointed never saw a real camper sad_o.gif only some nooby wannabee's. tounge_o.gif

Althought I wasn't much of a fan of the bulk of the "lets spring and shoot them in the toe so they die cause I have a G36" parts, I must say, those last two funny clips really made the move for me smile_o.gif

Ok, saw this camper demonstration (streaming -> download 50% and watch with mplayer while download completes biggrin_o.gif). And your point is...?

I like sniper duels. You have to find a way into the back of your enemy --or to spot him first.

What I don't like are spawncampers/spawnkillers and/or artillery-at-spawn. Those bastards kill every ET session.

Is there a special trick with the corner camping, do they become invulnerable? Otherwise it is just a kind of taking-cover... rock.gif

Harnu, dont mess around with my toe shot, im very proud of it =)

and i hope you enjoyed the movie, it took us a while to create, the movie wasen´t meant to piss anyone of, just to show you how our MP style is,

bc that is why we love this game, for its freedom and to choose the path we would like to play it =)

Running around with a G36 and hitting just about anything from any position.. reminds me why I dont play regular OFP (especially on public servers) nowadays. tounge_o.gif

Actually, Gadger uses corners for cover too in his "going rambo" sequence. And they seem to be using tracers and the white crosshair, how "no skill" is that? If you think "camping" (how you call using cover and not rushing blindly) is bad, then why don't you play on totally empty islands? You could all stand up in a row and shoot at each other when the mission starts. No boring "camping"...

Ok, saw this camper demonstration (streaming -> download 50% and watch with mplayer while download completes biggrin_o.gif). And your point is...?

A long time ago, mostly like CQB maps, like Hexenkessel Dropzone, and Tequila, the ones played in this video, I noticed I was able to do much more dammage on the battlefield running around Rambo style. You only need 3 things, awareness, aim and speed. Once you got these three things nearly mastered in Operation Flashpoint, you are basically trying to shoot a fly with a bazooka. A long time ago, when I first started playing Multiplayer I used to camp my ass off, would'nt move, and I sucked. I started playing more and more, and found that moving around is what gets your kills. So I kept practicing, and practicing, improved my speed and aim and now I'm pretty damn good.

THe mroe you move around, the better you are going to get. Even if you die alot at first, the future will be well worth it. There are some campers however that are very dangerous, D2theAN is one of them.

This videos proves

1. Campers die more than they kill

2. Campers are not improving their skill

3. When you move around, you can cover alot more areas faster, and get more kills.

Sure, but isn't the movie you distribute a big statement of how OFP should be played?

You can play OFP how ever you want but I just said that other games are propably better suited for that. CS is a great game for your style of gaming and you have no problems finding alot servers with players of various skills. If I would wanted to play like that I would have gone for another game.

Agree, mmh, playing OFP public for kills...very questionable, IMO. It just rapes OFP's true potential, I'd rather go for BF or America's Army than that. But play it like you want. wink_o.gif

@Icefire: Hahaha, you were being sarcastic right? tounge_o.gif

Good film  biggrin_o.gif

When I play OPF I usally play CTI.

And on CTI, as I think, there is few who are campers.

CTI is more warfare then CTF and DM, thats why I like CTI

more then any MP game.

I may have mistaken CTI a bit about campers, but it's rearly

any campers when I play CTI.

Good film  biggrin_o.gif

When I play OPF I usally play CTI.

And on CTI, as I think, there is few who are campers.

CTI is more warfare then CTF and DM, thats why I like CTI

more then any MP game.

I may have mistaken CTI a bit about campers, but it's rearly

any campers when I play CTI.

CTI is completely different from Close Quarters CTF, for obvious reasons of course, but still, the skill required for CTI and the skill required for CTF is a LARGE stretch.

And your right, I never see campers in CTI, and that's what I love about this.  I only wish the battlefield was larger, these maps are coming to a point where people know them as if they were best friends.  If you spawn way south, more likely your enemy is way North, ETC.

The reason I want the battlefield bigger is simply for realistic factors...  I like hour long, but fun games.  And when OFP2 comes out...holy crap, CTI will lasy hours on end.

ANYWAY. This video is very accurate... and if you're hearing it from Dragon Knights, you had better believe them becuse they are one of those squads where you get your ass kicked

You know what, I couldnt agree more SpecOp9  biggrin_o.gif

CTI is much better then any game types on OPF,

and I hope that CTI will be much better on OPF2 then OPF.

Viva la CTI wink_o.gif

Thanks for showing us us your movie, it is fun to watch. I realy enjoyed the last two clips, realy realy funny biggrin_o.gif

However I guess I am kind of a different target group. I dont like this ego-shooter raping of OFP. I play COD to do so. But eveyone shall do what he likes, it is a game, nothing else!

How about swapping the word campers for defenders......i love that in games like COD, you get people accusing the defending side of CAMPING......OH....MY....GOD.....the defenders are actually not charging at us full throttle  rock.gif something wrong with those guys..... wink_o.gif

Seriously, whats wrong with defending an objective? When i was playing i got so many kills from clever defending, more than i died, i got flamed for camping, but only because the people i killed were sore.....and that in essence is why most people hate "campers" (defenders).....because its the "campers" that always kill them......its just a pity that the majority of people playing gamespy when i was playing were too immature to realise that the games focus is realism, and that in war, a "camper" (aka defender, or, if hes alone, a guerilla or sniper) is a normal occurance.....

BTW, not aimed as a shot at you guys, this is more an observation in general ok wink_o.gif

Thanks for showing us us your movie, it is fun to watch. I realy enjoyed the last two clips, realy realy funny biggrin_o.gif

However I guess I am kind of a different target group. I dont like this ego-shooter raping of OFP. I play COD to do so. But eveyone shall do what he likes, it is a game, nothing else!

True, OFP cannot be a DM/TDM game. UT2k4 and Q3A are more suitable for such game modes (faster; ingame join; nearly perfect clipping wink_o.gif)

Back in ofp-zone.de-times we had our weekly coop match (own maps, BAS deltas/rangers maps), fighting as a team against lots of enemies. No respawn. Get things done. Imo the true OFP... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How about swapping the word campers for defenders......i love that in games like COD, you get people accusing the defending side of CAMPING......OH....MY....GOD.....the defenders are actually not charging at us full throttle   something wrong with those guys.....

LOL I think your onto something, must be something wrong with them evil campers!  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seriously, whats wrong with defending an objective? When i was playing i got so many kills from clever defending, more than i died, i got flamed for camping, but only because the people i killed were sore.....and that in essence is why most people hate "campers" (defenders).....because its the "campers" that always kill them......its just a pity that the majority of people playing gamespy when i was playing were too immature to realise that the games focus is realism, and that in war, a "camper" (aka defender, or, if hes alone, a guerilla or sniper) is a normal occurance.....

Nothing wrong with defending an objective at all. However its the taking advantage of a glitch in the game in order to do this we don't like - the "corner camping" (To get a better idea of how we mean, go into your editor with a scoped weapon guy, and try bringing your scope up on the corner of a building, you'll find the scope shows at least 1 foot to the right of where it should, hence the "right rule" :P

Quote[/b] ]Back in ofp-zone.de-times we had our weekly coop match (own maps, BAS deltas/rangers maps), fighting as a team against lots of enemies. No respawn. Get things done. Imo the true OFP...

Yep coop is great especially playing with a bunch of guys you know and are on comms with. But its just a testament to how great this game is, because of the many different ways you can play it and still have enjoyment.

smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif So THATS how i was killed from behind walls all these times wow_o.gif I always just put it down to lag.

But yeh, glitch killers should be punished with removal of body parts tounge_o.gif Anyone remember that SAS sniper TDM, you know, desert island, 2 castles at either end and a strip of no mans land in the middle? Winning that was all about knowing where the glitch (between the 2 castles) was.........hated that wow_o.gif

Blackdog is kind enough to host a mirror to the download, will post link when upload to tacticalblunder is complete.  smile_o.gif

mirror

Hehehehe, good movie m8

(and thats y i like Coop)

Here the beginning of a movie i made a while ago, the full one is around 12 min long and twice as big. Download it Here. (Save As)

Ahh... a classic intro song.

Grand Theft Auto - Joyride

If anyone wants it on mp3... PM me, because i have it.