Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Icorp island teaser

Hey guys,

Some news from The Unsung, I compiled a video of parts of our Island that are somewhat completed.  Comments and Questions are welcomed.  Drow has worked on the elevation first, and now is in the phase of adding vegetation and objects.

Edit: Those units are SEB's MFR.

http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~akurt/ofp/IcorpTeaser.wmv

wow if there was a face that had its jaw on the ground i would use it. It's INCREDIBLE so far and its only 25%

Imagine how pretty it will be at 100% damn guys made my day sunny again. Beautiful jungle area, nice dense treetops and clear below (well for a jungle) nice textures too

wink_o.gif good work you all be very proud.

Thruyersturnum did texture as well as model, in the credits it says modelor only, most of the vegetation shown is from his UWAR Vietnam project.

We will be having firebases and other good stuff on the island, stay tuned.

25%!!!!!! crazy_o.gif You're kidding me, right. MAN! If this is 25% I can't wait to see the full version!

Looks like a great lungle island. I hope you will include plenty of LZ like LZ Xray in the Ia Drang Valley.

I'm not sure how big it will be, but include at least two Fire Support bases and two normal bases.

Nice wmv file. I just saw "we were soldiers" (good movie btw) yersterday, so I liked the song you used. Very nice.

First time I ever seen someone makeing a film about there

island.

Great work biggrin_o.gif

Just out of interest, where did you get the song, Sgt Mackenzie from? off the we were soldiers dvd? Soundtrack? or internet?

Looks very nice for 25% smile_o.gif

How do computers handle that tall grass? hope it isn't very laggy because it looks great!

Looking really nice - go Unsung mod!

Will the grass obscure vision but allow vehicles to drive through it like I44 grass?

Great work anyway.

Ps. I love the way your storm sky puts a blue haze on distant objects. When trees come fading through the morning mist it looks like Chinese "Willow Pattern" artwork, and you can almost taste that good air - just brings a tear to the eye biggrin_o.gif

damn. WMP file. I hate these. Buffring takes to long

This is why my interest sticks on 'Nam. New great looking addons on the works. Looking very good! smile_o.gif

What are your plans for FB's, LZ, towns/cities, VC/NVA bases.... that kinda stuff? Or would you like to keep it under wraps until you release this? tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Looking good anyway! smile_o.gif

Great movie. Can't wait to try this isle! Will you be releasing this isle seperate or as part of the full mod?

@colossus- does the BAS video about thier island ring a bell wink_o.gif anyways this is gooan be great, the whole ofp community will love it.

Plenty of LZ's and Firebase for you guys to play with and this will either be a seperate download or included in the demo, if we release one.

Also, I may post more screenshots of the island soon, but as I said, it is hardly finished. I'll get a shot of inside the jungle wink_o.gif .

Nice movie!  tounge_o.gif

Is this really only 25% finished  rock.gif  Unbelievable! Great work!

Mfg MEDICUS

wow im impressed. great work Drow. who made that video? very good work

to be honest tho, and no offence, i had my doubts about the unsung mod, just like any other mod that comes out, but this island looks really promisng. i hope you guys arent gonna waste too much time on new addons. theres already tons of great stuff out already. So is the Island, and missions/campaign a priority over addons?

dude,

thanks, i guess, and no offence taken.

but the addons we're making are needed, like firebases with trenches, bunkers, command bunkers, arty pits, lots of shit ofp doesnt have.

just stay tuned, and dont write us off before we get started...

The island looks great, the new jungle/ villiage objects are first class.

I was really surprised about the new walking Anim, it is much better than the standard BIS one.

Keep up the good work! smile_o.gif

That is already released in my anim.pbo replacement, it's a rework by Rouge1.

Looking great biggrin_o.gif

The vid did skip a few times though, is this low frame rate or ... ?

Looking great  biggrin_o.gif

The vid did skip a few times though,  is this low frame rate or ... ?

Yes it is, Fraps kills my framerate when I start recording.

is ur replacement anim.pbo out?

Yes it is, it's in the Addons & Discussion: Complete board, it's a beta, and the title should read someting like "Updated Anim.pbo replacement pack".