Sign in to follow this  
somebloke

Your ofp skills

To speak the truth

I am personnally an expert in dying.

I can die from everything in OFP : crashing with a chopper or a plane, being shot with a lot of bullets , exploded by a grenade/LGB/satchel/shell , drowning after being parchuted in water , falling from a high place , killed by my own weapons etc etc...

An expert in dying i tell you !

To speak the truth

I am personnally an expert in dying.

i´m also very good at dying- and not knowing where it came from .. gotta love ofp for it´s wide open areas crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

and i forgot to say that i can land almost all planes everywhere, no matter how small the landingzone is i´ll hit it.

I'm a one man @#$!! wrecking machine.

Don't bother me with patrol or Seek & Destroy missions, a waste of time with my talent in infiltration, demolitions, and hitman style tactics for getting rid of those extra special individuals.  Not to mention AI squadmates tend to get themselves killed too easy during most patrol and S & D missions.  These missions take too much time and micromanagement for a normal style mission, so I'd rather spend that time flying, sneaking, or assasinating Guba again.

My helo piloting skills are good, but I am almost a legend with my piloting skills for fixed wing aircraft, especially the F-16C by Footmunch.  I can regularly keep about 10 to 15 m NOE altitude over smooth terrain and small mountainous areas.  My bombing skills allows me to bomb an armored target without using the targeting cue for OFP and drop it right in the tank or IFV's throat 90% of the time.

Despite no MP practice against players in a match using the F-16C, I am one of the top 12 fixed wing pilots in OFP.  With the F-16C by Footmunch, I can evade just about ANY missile attack that uses realistic missile speeds for OFP.  I also have well above par dogfighting skills but not even close to Ace yet.

I'm also Extremely well talented in estimating indirect fire and with CoC Artillery having an Average TOT (Time on Target) about 10 to 15 seconds.  My accuracy with CoC Artillery is 35 meters with mortars, 120 meters with M101 and M109, and 10 meters with MRLS.

..I am one of the top 12 fixed wing pilots in OFP.

who are the other eleven ? rock.gif

haven´t made a serious attemp at MP piloting against others yet, but i´d love to check out your skills sometime smile_o.gif

If I could, I'd be on a server just itchin to splash some newbie and eager OFP pilot fodder. (Won't name names, like Mr. BURNS!  tounge_o.gif )

Unfortunately where I use the internet I can't bring any external devices here, otherwise I'd challenge you in a second to a DM with F-16C's.  You take what you can get...  sad_o.gif

I have over 200 hours flight sim experience, 180 hours of it is from modern combat flight sims.  Yes, I log my own time I spend on flight sims.

I take my piloting skills VERY seriously and that's why many people in the OFP community that have listened to my detailed feedback on their aircraft addons have benifited greatly, like Footmunch.  His F-16C addon is bar none the best major fixed wing combat aircraft addon since the F/A-18C pack by Hudson & Pennywise.  SeaDemon's MiG-29 and the BKM Su-27 come in at a tie in second.

I have over 200 hours flight sim experience, 180 hours of it is from modern combat flight sims.  Yes, I log my own time I spend on flight sims.

ghehehehe.

- 900+ hours FS4-FS5-FS98-FS2k

- 250+ hours Falcon 4

- ~150 IL2FB

- Countless hours in OFP's choppers

too bad I didnt get paid for every hour biggrin_o.gif I can bring a IL-2 Home to a nice landing with out elevator or rudder controll. You try and do that in you FBW 35 million dollar ejector seat equiped lawndart :P

Well, I'd have about 200 hrs more if I wasn't in college now.

Not much of a general flight sim person, it's mainly MiG splashing and target destruction for me.

I spend too much time of commanche 4, thats why i'm a good chopper pilot. Although i practise on desert island in ofp for about 5 hours a week.

what´s so special about intro.wrp ? there are no woods no valleys bridges not even hills or rocks so what do you gain from practising on desert island ?

Quote[/b] ]what do you gain from practising on desert island

Fast loading times, good range for practicing tank gunnery.

All of the above, plus it helps me practice fast take off and landing moves. I always practice of the intro.wrp first then go into malden or something like that.

Bah, everyone thinks they are great helo pilots until they try to do a fast insertion or navigate with 3rd person off tounge_o.gif .

What i do best would problably be to sneak around, avoid unecessary encounters, save ammo and survive smile_o.gif .

i can take out a tank from 500+ meter with a law/rpg  tounge_o.gif

Pfft. I've taken choppers on the fly out at that range. tounge_o.gif

Whit an RPG wow_o.gif

I wans shot an MI17 flying angainst 8 o'clock me looking at 12 down whit an RPG but that was at 100-200m only.

STGN

i shot a guy out of his low hovering apache, stole it, and crushed the enemy base in a CTI game  tounge_o.gif

EDIT: with a pistol wink_o.gif

but seriously, i love to destroy someones tank before he was able to see me  tounge_o.gif

My best skill is probably being able to run into open space with an AK47 shouting "ALLAHU-AKBAR!!!" (yes, I really do that). smile_o.gif

I think I'm really good leading... to the pub for a pint.

I'm very comfy piloting choppers, I love tactical flyghing, low and fast, usually 2 metres from the ground( I don't have the b###s to get closer)

I think I'm preaty good with squad suport weapons.

I'm crap at the rest.

Well, I thought I was a good sniper, but I been proven wrong, and my connection is too bad for sniping sad_o.gif But that will change crazy_o.gif It have to change crazy_o.gif lol.

@CERO.

Just about anything except mortars and sniper rifles.

Stunt flying in planes smile_o.gif Using grenade launchers (and hitting targets) without using sighs 95% of hitting vehicles with the law, and i love getting kills from running soldiers with m21 or svd biggrin_o.gif

meh- I'm okay. Ask Warin or maybe Ralph, they could give you a better idea of it than I could.

I like messing round with bikes, sort of james bond meets mission impossible 2

I'm a good tank gunner, rifleman, machine gunner, sniper, and copter pilot.

My best skill is probably being able to run into open space with an AK47 shouting "ALLAHU-AKBAR!!!" (yes, I really do that).  smile_o.gif

Wow, once in a Deathmatch game I ran around the city and placed satchel charges set to go off in 30 seconds. Everytime my bombs claimed a life I would yell into my mic ALLAHU AKBAR!

biggrin_o.gif

@ April 10 2004,21:39)]meh- I'm okay. Ask Warin or maybe Ralph, they could give you a better idea of it than I could.

yeah, Mr. Pop up target. wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Sniping. I still hold claim to being top of TCZ 2v2 sniper league before they closed it tounge_o.gif despite my partner never showing up (so i always fought 1vs2).

Infact, ive only ever met one person who could absolutely whoop my ass, cant remember what his name was, but beat me 10 times in a row on a sniper map i made myself wow_o.gif

Now as of 1 week ago i hadnt played for 5 months, so im still rusty but im gradually getting back into the swing of things.

Ermm, soon as sniping is made up of so many elements, what makes me good (afaik) is i can pick my terrain well, hide well, and shoot people while they are running very well indeed wink_o.gif. Suprisingly im an absolutely crap shot at static targets, but people react so slowly you can fire 5 shots before they move. Which is usually enough.

/end of ego trip