Sign in to follow this  
OVERWATCHangel

Western mod: cowboys & martials

Hell, yes ! A Western Mod would rock, even without a functional horse.

For a start there could be a small waggon with 1 horse in front of it. Maybe animations for the running wheels could be 'connected' to the moving horse legs (i'm no animation expert).

1 driver, 1 gunner (rifle mounted on codriver seat) and 4 or more passenger seats (protected by waggon sidewalls a bit).

Imo a horse would be the only problem, everything else should be possible.

---

More brainstorming:

STRUCTURES

- Sheriffs Office with cells would be awesome. Backwalls should be breakable to free prisoners.

- Dusty stuff for big graveyards. Writings on gravestones should be customizable with own textures. Imagine searching for a specific grave where a treasure is buried. ;)

- Army fortresses

- train bridge & tracks, destroyable by dynamite

ACTION MENU

'Quick Give up' - makes you drop your gun, raise your hands and sets your Captive-status to TRUE so no AI fires at you.

'Quick Draw' - makes you pull your gun faster than switching weapons the standard way, but your crosshair/facing changes a certain degree randomly to the left or right. So in a duel, even if both men draw at the same time, he who will center his crosshair on his enemy faster will win.

INTERACTIVE OBJECTS

Whiskey / Water bottles regain health

VEHICLES

Armored waggon with gatling turret on top. Good for transporting money.

CHARACTERS

Stranger (Clint Eastwood)

Fatty (Bud Spencer)

Businessman/Rich Scoundrel (Henry Fonda)

HalfIndian (Charles Bronson)

Old Pathfinder

Bountyhunter (Lee van Cleef)

Marshall (John Wayne)

Various indian scouts

OneEyed gunslinger (Yul Brunner)

Mexican scoundrel (Eli Wallach)

I'd be heavily interested to help out as a texture artist / mission designer / sound artist. Whatever.

Some black and hispanic cowboys would be good to. People forget that most of the cowboy culture came from the "Vaquero" culture of the Spanish and Mexicans in Texas, New Mexico, California, ect...

Plus there were lots of black cowboys, many of whom were freed slaves. Unfortunately in all but the newer cowboy movies, blacks are usually left out of the Western movies and Mexicans are usually only portrayed as bad guys or Mexican women as romantic love interests who the Gringo cowboy saves from the bad guys.

smile_o.gif

...and yes I live in Texas.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

cant forget the pubs with the hookers............you'll know were I'll be in the whole Campaign tounge_o.gif ....... ghostface.gif

you know what they say about texas right? biggrin_o.gif steers and queers boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k texas is a nice place, but anyways. WHo made that cowboy? I got the perfect faces for this cowboy pack (including black faces) I like the idea of the quick draw command. I got walls made for the towns for who ever might made the island. I'm sure at least one of those BIS cabins could be used, just dirty it up a wee bit. I think more western (i.e. Ponderosa area) would be funner casue we would have desert and forest area. Maybe make 2 islands, I dunno. The inv44 grass would be perfect for grazing land. Farmland for thier barn and stuff. ANyways any one wana help?

Ive been thinking that perhaps two islands should be made for this MOD. One similar to the new anjou map, only without the trees and buildings and with a dusty terrain texture. Then the mapper could add our own customised buildings to it!

And another map as you mentioned, that complements both a grassy plains and mountainous terrain feature, as well as dusty regions elsewhere! Right seriously now, EVERYONE WHO CAN MOD, TEXTURE, MAP, SCRIPT, OR PRODUCE ANYTHING TOWARDS THIS MOD PLEASE POST YOUR INTENTION TO ADD SOMETHING TO THIS MOD AFTER THIS POST ALONG WITH AN EMAIL! Im going to try and contact whoever made that cowboy too, ive already asked fighter for his email! This MOD is looking promising and will certainly stick one up on those stuffy boring 'Modern Era Only' muppets that refuse to help lesser projects, thinking they're not good enough to waste time on! rock.gif

Indian chief to indian joe:

2, report status.

2, target sheriff 11 o'clock.

2, take arrow from indian 3 o'clock.

2 ,get in... horse.

2, go to medicine man 5 o'clock.

2, take smoke pipe from tent 3 o'clock.

2, target bufallo 1 o'clock.

Indian joe:

2, negative crazy_o.gif .

I think a horse would be the greatest thing for ofp. I tried making one once but I have little talent with animations and ofpanim. I did have one idea for how it would work. Basically the horse vehicle would be an invisible motorcycle (or car?) and the horse model would be a man class unit that would be camcreated and moved into the invisible vehicle using a script. this way the horse model could be called like ->

(this select 2) switchmove "walk1"

in order to make the horse walk you would need a script that would measure speed and apply the right animation. The best part of it is that you wouldn't need any init field coding and you could use it as an ordinary vehicle. You can even have a passenger because the script automaticly detects the number of units in the invisible vehicle and makes sure the horse unit is in the right cargo slot.

horse.jpg

An added bonus is that it would be easy to do random horse species and you could even do blood textures on the horse model smile_o.gif

Western spagethysounds great, i wonder if Gavin is doing the other guys from the movie too. I could imagine a full mod out of this idea with a wild west island, mexico villages and a saloon.. and the western spagethy music. And a campaign has a bounty hunter with the briefing replaced for a diary... but it would require alot of work and a very big team to take the most out of this idea. I can imagine a nice western town in the desert with flashpoints magnificent sunsets smile_o.gif .

Sad but true I have a CD which is "Classic Western Themes" got the themes to all the big ones and TV shows if that's of any use?

Heh, yeah it would be actually! tounge_o.gif I dont make a habit of collecting western music although id luv to have sum of the tunes that have bin and gone over the years! When work is started on the music, may drop u a message for recommendations on the music to include! wink_o.gif

He lay face down in the desert sand

Clutching his six-gun in his hand

Shot from behind, I thought he was dead

But under his heart was an ounce of lead

But a spark still burned so I used my knife

And late that night I saved the life of Ringo

(Ringo . . . Ringo . . .)

I nursed him till the danger passed

The days went by, he mended fast

Then from dawn till setting sun

He practiced with that deadly gun

And hour on hour I watched in awe

No human being could match the draw of Ringo

(Ringo . . . Ringo . . . )

One day we rode the mountain crest

And I went east and he went west

I took to law and wore a star

While he spread terror near and far

With lead and blood he gained such fame

All throught the West they feared the name of Ringo

I knew someday I'd face the test

Which one of us would be the best

And sure enough the word came down

That he was holed up in the town

I left the posse out in the street

And I went in alone to meet Ringo

They said my speed was next to none

But my lightning draw had just begun

When I heard a blast that stung my wrist

The gun went flying from my fist

And I was looking down the bore

Of the deadly .44 of Ringo

They say that was the only time

That anyone had seen him smile

He slowly lowered his gun and then

He said to me "We're even, friend"

And so at last I understood

That there was still a spark of good in Ringo

I blocked the path of his retreat

He turned and stepped into the street

A dozen guns spit fire and lead

A moment later, he lay dead

The town began to shout and cheer

Nowhere was there shed a tear for Ringo

The story spread throughout the land

That I had beaten Ringo's hand

And it was just the years, they say

That made me put my guns away

But on his grave they can't explain

The tarnished star above the name of Ringo

Okies I'll dig it out, keep reminding me though as I forget everything smile_o.gif

I still got the Outlaws game cds. There are 15 audio tracks for various atmospheres (action, tension, sad, indian style etc etc).

Well.. this is going to be mighty impressive..

I propose a "Quick And The Dead" tournament upon completion to celebrate!

Sad but true I have a CD which is "Classic Western Themes" got the themes to all the big ones and TV shows if that's of any use?

I've got that CD too smile_o.gif

why doesnt gavin ever come here? Shoot I would love to help him someone get a hold of that crazy mofo. I guess he needed a break from ww2. Wilco you up to helping animate that horsie? sad_o.gif prettty please. smile_o.gif

Not that I'm spending a lot of time trying to get it finished, but I am slowing working on a Old West mod for SWAT3. Perhaps someone might be able to use some of these low poly models our team has made in this mod as well?

There's pics and some 3D shockwave renders of what we have finished here:

http://www.swatwj.com

I can be reached at don_t_shoot at yahoo dot com

The Colt Navy 1851 and the sweet, little Remington Deringer look excellent!

Love the cowboy hats, too!  tounge_o.gif

Great work, Partners!

Howdy MEDICUS