Sign in to follow this  
-=BT=- Matty R

Ofp2 this april

Hmm i heard you can order ofp2 and it was going to be relased in april, im just wondering is it true. 2 BI members where talking about it. wow_o.gif

i DOUBT it will be released april! I bet late 2004 or start 2005.. no way its gonna be released april this year

What do you mean by "2 BI members where talking about it". BI developers? or members from this forum?

I know this is said:

FWIW, Amazon UK have got OFP2 pre-order with a release date of July 9, 2004 and the Prima strategy guide June 1.

in this thread, but that means nothing...

edit: figure, that said june/july

It's impossible, nobody could made OPF2 so fast.

Sorry but I think must have misunderstud.

It's impossible, nobody could made OPF2 so fast.

Sorry but I think must have misunderstud.

It is possible ..... what if they started making OFP2 right after ofp1 was released aye  tounge_o.gif

They told about it at E3 last year.

Not like they make a game in total secret.

It would be possible, sure, but then again Codemasters advertisement campaign should have kicked in by now. Afterall you can't just put a new game in the shelves without people knowing about it. Every Publisher wants to prepare such an event by at least one month of pimping the product.

Furthermore I don't think that BI would release anything before this years' E3. There ain't much better events to get people to know your stuff than this expo. So a summer release is not unlikely (even though it might not be flashpoint2 but something different like a new addon-pack with VBS and X-Box stuff), but not in april.

[Cough]Valve[/Cough]

They started on hl2 after hl1 was finished, after 2 years (?) they announced they were making sequel.

[Cough]Valve[/Cough]

They started on hl2 after hl1 was finished,  after 2 years (?) they announced they were making sequel.

Yeah but they didn't announce it one month prior to release, as we all know... wink_o.gif

It would be great ,but I don't see how .They announced the scenarios but I have heard they may have since been changed even.

I can't see how they have had much time to make that.OFP2 can't nearly be done and they haven't hired me yet,lol

Just a short hint on stuff Amazon puts up for preorder... they had the last Harry Potter up there on their website two years(!) before it came out. Also BIS announced the release of their game for early 2005, not spring 2004. The summer 2004 release date was postphoned more than half a year ago.

I think he got messed up with OFP XBox, which "could" be released in April. Likely.

It would be possible, sure, but then again Codemasters advertisement campaign should have kicked in by now. Afterall you can't just put a new game in the shelves without people knowing about it. Every Publisher wants to prepare such an event by at least one month of pimping the product.

Furthermore I don't think that BI would release anything before this years' E3. There ain't much better events to get people to know your stuff than this expo. So a summer release is not unlikely (even though it might not be flashpoint2 but something different like a new addon-pack with VBS and X-Box stuff), but not in april.

Yeah but don´t forget:Threy were also working on :Resitance,VBS and ofp for XBOX  wink_o.gif

April hah,nah guys it has no logic.When you are in the gaming buissnes you have to follow some logical steps to ensure the hype for the game.

Sure this would be an incredible stunt by BIS but I don` t think they want to risk this much

I think we will gradually see OF2 develop this way

-E3 in may.BIS will probably be the block bluster and show a playable version of OF2 and a video.

-Exclusive preview on one magazine.

-More screenies,inteerviews,screenies,new info about features

-1-2 moths before the gold game ships realese of the official demo

-And then the final realese.

So I guess it`s better to trust the devs that told us OF2 is seeing light in 2005..

It was posted on March 25th...if he was joking then he did his planning for it smile_o.gif Suma already said in an interview some time ago that OFP2 would not even be released in 2004 much less April. My best guess would be mid to late 2005 at the earliest.

I think that exclusive will go to pc gamer just because they kick so much ass. Okay Well its april so i geuss well have to wait untill may for e3 oh shnapps!