Sign in to follow this  
MSpencer

Calling all addon makers!!!

We've got plenty of models, but we just need determined people who can make this stuff work. Basically, I'm forming a dream team, to get all these models in O2 out and into the open. Some are being taken by BDM, which means no, we're not doing them, but others need to be modeled. Dhalbert has gotten literally hundreds of models, and it's a shame to let them waste away.

With all of these models, we need them skinned and configged, and out and ready to ship. I'm asking for the help of EVERYONE, this is a project for all in the OFP community.

Don't let this offer die.

MSN

Well basically everything in .3ds. All you need to do is O2 it. There are some already O2ed.

The Everon Cartel Mod might be able to help.

I'd like to know more about what's available if possible.

smile_o.gif

Asmo

Right now I'm looking at an M1A2, pretty high poly, but the model kicks ass. The Apache's rotors will need to be remodelled, they've got too many polys.

This project needs everyone in the community to band together. With literally hundreds of models, I didn't believe it at first, but we can most likely, if we all work together, get something out in a week.

EDIT: What I have now is:

A10

AH64

APC (From Aliens, I know there's a USCM mod that might want this)

PowerLoader (From Aliens)

Dropship (From Aliens)

Pulse Rifle (You guessed it, Aliens)

A-Wing (Star Wars)

B17

B1B

B206B (Martin made one, and we've got a model of one, so if Martin already made it, no need to put this ingame.)

Blimp

Boba Fett

Boeing 747

Boeing 707

Boeing 737

Boeing 757

C-5 Galaxy

Cement Truck

Chevrolet Camero

DC-10

KC-10

Buncha trucks

F/A18

F-14

Motorcycle

Monorail

Some Turkish palace

This is a small list, from model pack 1 released a while ago. The person who released it and I are working together now, and he'll be releasing another pack soon, this is, of course, BDM and USMC get their share first. I'll take any requests.

If you put up a whole list, and i see one that takes my fancy..... wink_o.gif

Boeing 737 ? I have looked for a commersial plane for a long time now.

Right now I'm looking at an M1A2, pretty high poly, but the model kicks ass.

M1a2 : m1a2.jpg

The mack truck and ford bronco look great for ofp though smile_o.gif

hmm intresting ...

indeed we would be intrested in the apc cuz ours got some

some nasty bugs

powerloader is also cool

so with boba fett can someone make a jet pack that works? Maybe that can be activate by commnd menu, kinda like coc divers? I'm all up for that boba fett, texturing i can do, mapping is a whole nother story though.

All the freeware models? Some aren't all free tho,just like anything,supposed to list credits and such.

My opinion on this:

Sure there are lots of freeware models available on the net,alot are high poly and do not fit the standards that we want for OFP.By the time you have shaved and made new parts and imported into OFP and the textures are the hardest part.I can't see where you have saved any time,and to import a model thats not yours, thats alot of work for something that you can't call your own.

I've played with a few of these models and imported some myself (20,000 face Stuka I play with ingame)

I've even had people send me these freeware models asking to help finish, claiming that they had made it themselves (more than once this happens).

Just I don't understand where any time will be saved? Unless they come with textures applied you still have lots of work ahead to import someone elses model.Maybe for something thats detailed and high poly you could save some time.But you couldn't call it your own.

Reminds me of the dude that imported the GTA firetruck,he said he had to edit the model and do so much that he should have just made his own.

Even so, I'm sure that the polys can be reduced.

Obviously you haven't tried to do it yourself (no offence meant, I had sad_o.gif ). Otherwise you would know that reducing polycount takes much more time, than building all these models from scratch. I have to agree with Bratty.

Hi. I see u got a motorcycle and i was wondering if maybe i may get a copy of it. I need it for a mod i'm working on. smile_o.gif

Having imported and d*cked around with some Freeware models,

I gotta agree with bratty also, it's really much easier to start

your own model from scratch, just reducing the poly alone takes longer than building up your own.

besides, I find the HARD part of O2 modeling is doing Textures and those @@##$%$%^&!! geo/fire LODs smile_o.gif

Right now I'm looking at an M1A2, pretty high poly, but the model kicks ass.

M1a2 : m1a2.jpg

Do you know what´s happen if you put 4 this m1a2 on Nogova? biggrin_o.gif

Sorry but I think models wich have 7000 polys and more are not useble for ofp,even fo OFP:MP!

Just think about LODs(Resultion,ofcourse) for 76000 polys model... crazy_o.gif

I took about 4 days out to remodel the Apache..

Got it from 42,000 down to just over 8,000 unarmed

godam gun had 10,000 + faces alone !

The model is a scan of an Airfix style kit , even down to the little lugs and sockets to fix the parts together as are most of the models . Only a few have been made by hand .

The principle is easy , the technology to do it is veeery expensive , if some one has access to this equipment , they are having a laugh .... LOL copying airfix kits into 3d . biggrin_o.gif

il take som models if its ok was thinking of the F/A18 Super Hornet and maybe some US tanks and trucks

and me whant to take a look on that B17

What no M4 sad_o.gif now this is realy disapointing count me out wink_o.gif mind you I do make addons.

STGN