Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Pappy,

Any idea about the missing addon I encountered?

...says cannot load addon "bas_repairh"

I cant find the full name of that addon.

Thanks

Pappy,

Any idea about the missing addon I encountered?

...says cannot load addon "bas_repairh"

I cant find the full name of that addon.

Thanks

oh yea sorry didnt mean to pass that up. . .

thats a simple fix. open the config.cpp version thats included in every release and go to the VERY BOTTOM where it says "class preload addons" and just add in ,"bas_repairh"

Thanks pappy.

I didnt have to do what you said, I just reinstalled the bas_repair.pbo file.

However, NOW Im getting another error (on the same mission). Says it "cant find the addon bas_mh6185"

I know thats a valid addon, because I found this text about an addon mission when searching for it:

"Liberate

requires: Editor Update102, Kegety RPK74, bas_mh6185, MTLB, Bas_Weaponpack, BAS_Soar185, BAS_derad, KEGak107"

However, I cant find that addon on any of the flashpoint sites or in any of the bas helicopter zip files.

Any ideas?

Thanks pappy.

I didnt have to do what you said, I just reinstalled the bas_repair.pbo file.

However, NOW Im getting another error (on the same mission).  Says it "cant find the addon bas_mh6185"

I know thats a valid addon, because I found this text about an addon mission when searching for it:

"Liberate

requires: Editor Update102, Kegety RPK74, bas_mh6185, MTLB, Bas_Weaponpack, BAS_Soar185, BAS_derad, KEGak107"

However, I cant find that addon on any of the flashpoint sites or in any of the bas helicopter zip files.

Any ideas?

as long as ppl make addons

missions will give you "missing addons" error even if that addon was never even used. .

i remember geting missing addons messages form campaign missions that had no hint of that addon. . like "missing addons rad_f18 in after montignac or something OFP is weird like that

let me give you a lil tip form a veteran flashpointer

"if the error dont crash your game. . .it dont count tounge_o.gif "

for some reason the installer isnt woring with random addons. . sometimes its that one sometimes its csla, sometimes hfr_apach

i would suggest downloading the addons one by one. . i know this is annoying. but it will be easiest for you until the next version is ready. i applogise for the inconvinance

Is there any tutorial for installing those addons step by step corectly ?

I don't know, how to get for example the ecp addon work together with super config sad_o.gif ...

Hello Pappy and everyone!

I would like to know if it is OK with you to replace the Ural truck with the BTR80.

Based on pics and videos from the Chechen War and elsewhere the Russians do not use trucks to ferry troops into battle. Even patrols are done with BTRs. At first I wondered why the Russians were so short of trucks because lots of them are ontop of BTRs.

So to be realistic and to make use of this great addon that was never used in any user made mission, how about replacing the Ural truck with the BTR80? I have tried doing this but the cannon doesn't work.

Please give your opinions on this, guys

Hello Pappy and everyone!

I would like to know if it is OK with you to replace the Ural truck with the BTR80.

Based on pics and videos from the Chechen War and elsewhere the Russians do not use trucks to ferry troops into battle. Even patrols are done with BTRs. At first I wondered why the Russians were so short of trucks because lots of them are ontop of BTRs.

So to be realistic and to make use of this great addon that was never used in any user made mission, how about replacing the Ural truck with the BTR80? I have tried doing this but the cannon doesn't work.

Please give your opinions on this, guys

i think perhaps we should just leave it as a truck. . . in game it serves more then just troop hauling. . but more of a cargo/convoy eye candy

Hi Pappy,

thanks for your reply.

It's lucky a Weisser man(my pun) posted a screen shot cause i dont know how to take desk top screen shots.

Anyway i get the same error as he but maybe different addons.

Ok so my follow up question is this.

I install OpFlash, patch it up, then install resistance then patch that up then use the full installer. Right?

Then what do you mean by 'do the add ons one by one'?

Is there some add ons we need 'before' using the full installer? Or do you mean do them individually instead of the 5.1 thing? if thats the case then intheory i should be able to at least do the full installer with no problemo right?

i understand about how it's hard to explain in a simple way whe you is all technical and that. My friend is a programer and he is terrible at simplifying things.

Hope you can help as i'm eager to see (make) the bodies explode.

One other point if you will indulge me. It's strange but i ran opflash ona 1 gig athlon with 128 meg of sdr ram anda kyro2 64 meg card when i first got it and it was fast enough, even on the resistence single mission 'battle fields' i even ran it at 1600.

I now have a 2.4 gig 1024megs of ddr ram, Gforce FX 5950 clocked to 520mhz and yet it does not seemt to run any faster???

poita.

"if the error dont crash your game. . .it dont count  tounge_o.gif "

This is the quote that will take flashpoint modding into a new age. ive been dealing with stuff like that ever since the begining, so i never come here to bitch when i get them messages tounge_o.gif well said wink_o.gif

Hi Pappy,

thanks for your reply.

Then what do you mean by 'do the add ons one by one'?

Is there some add ons we need 'before' using the full installer? Or do you mean do them individually instead of the 5.1 thing? if thats the case then intheory i should be able to at least do the full installer with no problemo right?

poita.

what i ment was if the installer doesnt work for you then download and install each individual addon one by one instead

edit: @one ive been playing OFP for 2 years now. . .and ive had those "error wanna be's" for 1.9 years now tounge_o.gif hell i use all seeing eye to boot up my game into the MP mission editor where i do all my playing and testing. i get an error about no config LWZ sni, becuz i hacked apart the legawarz addon to use the banners and bouys for my racin boats smile_o.gif the way i see it error messages are a way of leeting me know my game still works biggrin_o.gif

i must ask, what Anim pack are you using for this pack?

i´d like to know becouse i like them and want to use them with other mods ;)

so please, add a D/L link for them...

i must ask, what Anim pack are you using for this pack?

i´d like to know becouse i like them and want to use them with other mods ;)

so please, add a D/L link for them...

im usin an older version of wilcos animations

just copy and paste the anim and anims pbos from the DTA folder into the otehr DTA folders for your other mods smile_o.gif

@choumi

try this:

1.put your save-game-files of the mission/campaign into a different folder

2. run Ofp and start the mission/campaign(do not revert the campaign)

3.pause the game, hit alt-tab, now you can put your save-game-files back into the original folder i.e. users/choumi/saved/campaign/resistance

4.hit alt-tab again and click retry or load

works for me in most cases, good luck wink_o.gif

sounds complicated

but hey if it works good job!  smile_o.gif

downside to ECP is the fact that it doesnt like when u save games

other then that it works  smile_o.gif

solution doesn't works. sad_o.gif

I want to uninstall the m113 and use the old one how can i do that ?

editing the ofpy2k3.ccp ?

not sure if this problem has anything to do with the config or something else, but it never happened before. the apache helicopter seems to have two white blocks below its 30mm gun and its pilots both have dark faces. anyone know if this is a model conflict of any kind?

edit: problem fixed. it was a model conflict i guess

There is no new config.bin in your Y2K3Beta.rar  sad_o.gif

yea that was my bad im sorry i forgot i made the configs a seperate link

Y2K3 Beta 5.X Config Updates

as to edit and change any config related problems and make you not have to download 26 megs each time

Another bug:

Whenever I use Jeep with MG (INQ HTTV) I get magic error.

And after I replace Jeep with some other vehicle I get "Cannot load HTTV Engine"

Any solutions?

Might I suggest a secondary or fallback mod.Like the Y2K3 Airborne mod you can use the same addons but change the soldiers on the east and west side to ORCS airborne units(These guys are awsome they have the ICP weapons pack) and the ICP weapon packs

i've recently downloaded the replacement addon pack. however, the bradley seems to be behaving like the m113. it only has a driver and a gunner and has only the m2 machine gun as its weapon. furthermore, the drvier and gunner are positioned in the same location as the driver and gunner of the m113.

Hopefully a simple fix....

I'm playing the E-ECP mod and I like the nightvisiongoggles MUCH better in Pappys mod, so I'd like to use them in E-ECP.

In pappys Y2K3.cpp file, I found the code :

class NVGoggles : Binocular

{

displayName="$STR_DN_NV_GOGGLES";

showEmpty=0;

valueWeapon=5;

opticsZoomMin=1.000000;

opticsZoomMax=1.000000;

modelOptics="\wgl_ui\nvgoggles\wgl_nvg_optics.p3d";

model="nvg_proxy";

I also found similar code in the E-ECP Config.bin file (that I de-pbo'd to a .cpp), and would like to replace it.

Where do I get the "file", \wgl_ui\nvgoggles\wgl_nvg_optics.p3d, and how to I reconvert my new config.cpp back into a config.bin?

Thanks!!

i've recently downloaded the replacement addon pack. however, the bradley seems to be behaving like the m113. it only has a driver and a gunner and has only the m2 machine gun as its weapon. furthermore, the drvier and gunner are positioned in the same location as the driver and gunner of the m113.

that bradly is giving me more and more and more trouble at every turn

i have no idea why its acting like that. matter of fact in its config it is classed as an APC and NOT an M113

now mine works fine and i gave you guys the same version i have and yet you still seem to have problems with it

gah ill figure out a new way to do it apperently OFP doesnt like BIS pbos anymore or something

@bikecop: itas takin me 3 months to get Y2K3 to where it is now. . . a "fall back" mod would require another 3 months and it will be OFP3 long before i have a version like that done

@magic error: A- ensure you have the inq httv.pbo in your addons directory (i have mine in the y2k3 addons directory) as far as the magic error goes im SOL on an answer for that one. ppl get those left and right (y2k3 and non-y2k3 users) on mcnools pacific island it used to say 'cannot map bas/o/waterwell.p3d' and now for no reason at all it now says its the (Magic) error. [sarcasum] and BIS has been SOOOOO helpful in informing us of what this problem is [/sarcasum] so i dont know what to say there

that bradly is giving me more and more and more trouble at every turn

i have no idea why its acting like that. matter of fact in its config it is classed as an APC and NOT an M113

now mine works fine and i gave you guys the same version i have and yet you still seem to have problems with it

gah ill figure out a new way to do it apperently OFP doesnt like BIS pbos anymore or something

yeah i took a look inside the config and found nothing wrong with it. for some reason Rudedog's config works but the one in the replacement doesnt. could it be an addon conflict?

Y are the UH60's pavehawks?rock.gif shouldnt they be normal blackhawks?

'black' blackhawks are special forces variants

'normal' blackhawks are camoed(euro, desert, ect) or grey.

@addon conflicts: it could be a possiblity but the question is conflict with which addon?

we already ruled that any other M2A2 variant WGL or other reskin causes conflicts and shouldnt be run together but what APC would cause conflicts with the M2A2 is beyond me sad_o.gif