Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

correction: 300 megs for the patch due to large addons like ORCS soldiers, and CBT humvee, and HYK soldiers, AH64 and RHST55 addons are all 20 megs or higher which really packs it up.

so tell me, do you still want a 300 meg patch? or just redownload the 500 meg full version?

no point witha 300mb patch when the mod is 500.. that is if u ask me though..

love those effects btw biggrin_o.gif to bad theyr killing my fps alot tounge_o.gif

but who fu**ing cares wink_o.gif

I take it the patch is for 6.0 to 7.0 correct ? if so ill jus go w/ the patch smile_o.gif. 200mb of stuff i already got i dont need to download again :P

I take it the patch is for 6.0 to 7.0 correct ? if so ill jus go w/ the patch smile_o.gif. 200mb of stuff i already got i dont need to download again :P

yes it is. 6.0 to 7.0

personaly i think a patch of that magnatude is pointless when the full mod is a lil bigger.

if you do want the patch then its gonna be another couple hours to upload that.

which is ok i guess cuz i want to work on a universal Y2K3 site. universal meaning "all browser and resolution capable" i realized on my laptop (1024 res) my site is a lil off centered. so i want to make another tootallinc type site for Y2K3 like that

I cannot wait for it, bring on the next serving Y2K3.

I just started the Red Hammer campaign as well.

Also it may be a little bigger ratio wise but 200MB is a large download in itself.

I would prefer to download a 300MB patch personally just to save time and bandwidth.

Possible you could make the config.cpp file available now so some of us can start our own editing instead of waiting for the whole download?

so yea this will make it alot easier for new comers and for those of you that were confused, or jsut too lazy to follow along with the updates.

Yeah, that as well tounge_o.gif

500 megs? I'll live it downloading before I go to work tomorrow, hopefully it will be done in 8 hours crazy_o.gif lol.

It looks very very sweet smile_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

BTW, what do you think about my new signature? wow_o.gif want some goodeis?

ok the upload is complete for the full install. ill start on the patch now. 200 megs smaller but still pretty hefty.

like i said thou. this is an all in one installer. that includes skys, night vision model and optics (not dxdll compatable) all in one installer. install it. and go. no other files needed.

gonna start the patch and upload that, then see about getting the new site up (prolly wont work but eh) so stay tuned sometime in the next few hours. im gonna wait for the patch to be uploaded before i make the release post.

If everyone has really been keeping up with events and paying attention they could actually start downloading the full one now ... wink_o.gif

the patch is 201 megs.

the offical release of either is being held off right now.. i got a problem setting up the new site.

nothing too serious except i kinda forgot the password to mysql database to get it set up.  crazy_o.gif  its pissin me off too.

so anyway i gotta wait for akira to get online so i can get it fixed and get the site up and preped.

sorry folks your gonna have to wait a lil bit. no more then 36 hours i promise. site or no, ill release the full mod in 36 hours.

hopefuly it will be sooner.

im so close, right now i have a lil database error. (figured out the login info) my problem now is the sumbitch refuses to create the new tables. mad_o.gif

*|paiently waits for akira to get online and fix this|*

Hate to add to problems but bug found. Installer automatically points the files to install to Operationflashpoint foler without a space between the two words. Didn't notice till after the install. Had to manually move folder over. No biggy.

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\

thats my directory. that was created when i installed OFP.

hence the install directory is:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Y2K3

you're install of ofp musta been different or customized?

edit: it hasnt been publicly released yet. couple of "testers" and snoops tounge_o.gif are getting their hands on the new version early blues.gif

Mine (european OFP) has a space between the Operation and the Flashpoint too and i have let the default install path for OFP.

I guess it has to do with the localization of the OFP install program if you didn't customized it on your end.

Me snoop? Never! Lets just say I looked over the edge and made the leap. I also forgot to say thanks. The lighting effects from the two tracer scripts are the sweetest!

well i didnt customize it. thats the way it was.

but hey. it gives you the oppertunity to choose your installation path. so add a space in there once you're ready to install smile_o.gif

Pappy, since this is the final version how about naming it to Y2K5 ? since 2003 sounds a bit... old already wink_o.gif

thanks for all the work you did btw, this mod really brought a new life to my OFP wink_o.gif too bad none of the corks in my clan wanted to use it, so i crashed five times a minute sad_o.gif .

That must be it. I'm running the GOTY edition from the USA.

If I understood correctly from your previous posts - we no longer require the ECP folder because all info needed was moved over into the Y2k3 mod folder. If so then I think I found another bug. I believe you had a previous version with pilots being able to eject over water and then get into a life raft.

1) When I ejected from an a-10 in the edit map preview I got an error that referred back to an sqs file from the @ecp folder

I believe it is missing \@ecp\ecp_settings.sqs

2) if by design the man just floats in the water, sounds like a boat and when "swimming" kicks up a wake like a boat. Never saw a raft.

ahh ejecting.. wondered what caused that  biggrin_o.gif

dont worry about it. i got that error before too. you click ok... and you NEVER see it again  smile_o.gif dispite how many times u eject.

abotu the raft. thats not ECP thats USCG  wink_o.gif and we never got around to amkeing a "raft" persay your just suppose to look like your swiming.

and yea.. when your in teh water.. your a boat. limitatoin, cant get over it.

edit: Y2K3 name. im keeping it because:

A: its the term for this mod.

B: it refers to the time period of the game... i dont have 2005 military equipment addons yet. mainly due to the fact that i have no clue what we are gonna use this year. there for the addons used in this mod.. are 2003 era vehicles-weapons-units-ect

C: do you have ANY idea how many images i would need to remake?

Baaah enough of this Y2K3 nonsense it's 2005 now mad_o.gif