Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

With all the new FLASHFX, new addons, and tracer scripts, is there any chance of an upcoming update, especially with the new ECP? I mean, I know you don't want people to lose their customizations and everything but no one HAS to download it...I am sure most people make only simple and minor customizations, anyway.

me thinks someone doesnt follow the Y2K3 news wink_o.gif

check the website or check back one page. on the Y2K3 news site is download links to a couple addons and a limited edition config with the barrel flash for all MBT's the new M1A2 SEP from INQ/KH some bug fixes and some other changes.

in terms of the new ECP... dont ask. for several reasons.

1: you know i dont like ECP very much

2: thats a HUGE PIA to re-incorperate the new ECP shhhhtuff.

3: i work 3pm-11pm wed thru sunday thus having only 4 hours to myself i barely get to play OFP let alone mod it. so i no longer have the time to do so.

the Limited Edition Config was a bonus. its what ive been using ever since release. my personal customized version. i only shared it as a belated Christmas Present to my wonderful users smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

2 questions about the new Limited Edition Customized Y2K3 Config.

One, do .cpp files do anything in the game?  Do I need the file Y2K3 Custom-PE.XB?  And the resource.cpp file?  Or are just the 2 bin files necessary?

Two, even though its an awesome config, I have a question about changing the bin file.  Example, lets say I want to get change the M21 rifle to something else, and play through the regular campaigns.

After de PBO 1.3ing it into a bin.cpp, I found this:

class M21: SniperRiffle

{

scopeWeapon=2

scopeMagazine=2

model="\DanM14\DanM21";

modelOptics="\DanM14\M21Optics";

drySound[]={"\INQ_WeaponPack\Sounds\INQ_M14dry.wav",0.010000,1};

reloadMagazineSound[]={"\INQ_WeaponPack\Sounds\INQ_M14reload.wav",0.050000,1};

sound[]={"\INQ_WeaponPack\Sounds\INQ_M14.wav",1,1};

count=20

ammo="BulletSniperW";

opticsZoomMin=0.040000;

opticsZoomMax=0.120000;

distanceZoomMin=400

distanceZoomMax=80

displayName="$STR_DN_M21";

displayNameMagazine="$STR_MN_M21";

shortNameMagazine="$STR_SN_M21";

If I just change the model line, and nothing else, say to an M82 or something, will that work?  Or is it best to change everything?  Do you have to change the ammo lines and everything else?  Do you have to change the contents of ammo crates and everything else too to have magazine reloads in trucks and crates?

Is there a decent program out there to convert a cpp into a bin? Im not having any luck at all with cpp2bin 1.2 It has a problem with the large #s and other things.

Thanks!

thats because you DIDNT use the editable CPP file you debined the .bin file which deletes stuff and is unable to be bined.

thanks for reminding me:

FOLKS I USED DANS M14 PACK FOR THE M21 MODEL AND SOUND YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THAT FOR THE LIMITED EDITION CONFIG

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7387

updated links on my news site

and it depends what you want to change the M21 with? in my case changed it with Dans M21 then yes just change the model and your good.

if you want to make the M21 an M24.. then you can change the model with the M24 model and it will still sound and have the scope of the M21 which in that case isnt a big deal.

otherwise you need to change the sound

sound[]={"\INQ_WeaponPack\Sounds\INQ_M14.wav",1,1};

the model of the weapon:

model="\DanM14\DanM21";

the optics model:

modelOptics="\DanM14\M21Optics";

with the same paths as that found in the config for the other weapon (IE: the M82)

the number of bullets in the magazine for the M21:

count=20

the displayed name in the breifing and in game:

displayName="$STR_DN_M21";

then you need to find:

BulletSniperW

and modify its power but i STRONGY suggest agasint it. due to incompatabilty with other addons ect. (in relation to modifying BulletSniperW)

Just for the record, if you find a .bin file you want to edit , but if there is no editable .cpp do not use Unpbo 1.3 , it will always come with lots of errors.

Instead of this program , install and use Binview.

So far Binview has "de-binarized" all the config.bin into config.cpp i wanted to edit or just look to find references , without any errors at all (so you can use cpp2bin after that).

I'm an idiot.  Found the editable cpp file.  On the plus side, I'm glad my stupid question reminding you about having to DL the M-14 pack.

Any idea why this gives an error when running cpp2bin?  Would this work to replace the stock M21 with the M82? Says "error on property barret -M21:SniperRifle - CfgWeapons"

class M21 : SniperRiffle

{

scopeWeapon = public;

scopeMagazine = public;

weaponType=WeaponSlotPrimary;

model="\JMGBarrettm82\JMGBarrettM82.p3d";

picture="\JMGBarrettm82\Data\m82.pac";

optics = true;

modelOptics = "\JMGBarrettm82\Scope\Scope.p3d";

drySound[]={"weapons\m16dry",db-70,1};

reloadMagazineSound[]={"weapons\m16load",db-70,1};

sound[]={\JMGBarrettm82\sound\bang.wav,1,1};

count=10;

ammo = JMGBarrettM82;

opticsZoomMin=0.04;

opticsZoomMax=0.12;

distanceZoomMin=400;

distanceZoomMax=80;

displayName = JMG Barrett M82A1;

displayNameMagazine = JMG Barrett M82;

shortNameMagazine = M82;

magazines[]={"JMGBarrettM82Mag"};

dispersion=0.00003;

soundContinuous=false;

reloadTime=0.3;

recoil=JMGBarrettm82;

opticsFlare = true;

aiRateOfFire=5.0; // delay between shots at given distance

aiRateOfFireDistance=1500; // at shorter distance delay goes lineary to zero

maxLeadSpeed=90; // max estimated speed km/h

threat[]={1,0.5,0.1};

enableAttack=1;

useAction=0;

useActionTitle="";

};

I figured doing it this way shouldnt mess up the standard sniperbullet.

Change

displayName = JMG Barrett M82A1;

displayNameMagazine = JMG Barrett M82;

shortNameMagazine = M82;

into

displayName = "JMG Barrett M82A1";

displayNameMagazine = "JMG Barrett M82";

shortNameMagazine = "M82";

the " are important there

actualy you will find that in SOME cases you can leave out the ""

but in this case i speculate it has something to do with :

recoil=JMGBarrettm82;

that reciol value isnt defined in the default config... which means you have to add it which makes it a bigger pain in the ass blues.gif

but you just copy and paste his reciol value under the reciol values of the default config (no clue where they are)

same with this:

ammo = JMGBarrettM82;

and

magazines[]={"JMGBarrettM82Mag"}; you are gonna have to define the custom ammo mentioned above and call it that JMGBarrettM82Mag but i suggest if you do carry over the reciol and the custom ammo that you drop the JMG to prevent conflict with the jmg addon.

you will need to define that ammo value in the default config as well.

heres how it works and its a lil goofy:

addons can read defined values from the default config, but the default config cant read values defined by addons.

and its understandable really and i dont feel like explainin it but trust me this isnt a "bug" or anything BIS can or shoulda done so dont worry bout pointin blame on the issue)

so in short: you have a long and tedious task ahead of you

actualy you will find that in SOME cases you can leave out the ""

Certainly, in fact in what i wrote to solve the "property" error case of skypine27, you can delete the 2 " i suggested from the line

shortNameMagazine = M82;

But, if you forget the " in those 2 lines

displayNameMagazine = "JMG Barrett M82"

the property error will pop up everytime when running cpp2bin

Update:

Added quotes as suggested, and boom, cpp2bin complies the bin just fine.

Added following bullet code

class JMGBarrettM82: BulletSingle

{

hit= 50;

indirectHit= 1;

indirectHitRange= 0.40000;

minRange=0.5;

minRangeProbab=0.800000;

midRange=900;

midRangeProbab=0.350000;

maxRange=1800;

maxRangeProbab=0.080000;

visibleFire= 16;

audibleFire= 16;

visibleFireTime= 10;

cost = 2;

};

Added recoil code:

JMGBarrettM82[]= {0.04, 0.005,0.230, 0.250,0,0};

Final weapon code under CfgWeapons:

class M21 : SniperRiffle

{

scopeWeapon = public;

scopeMagazine = public;

weaponType=WeaponSlotPrimary;

model="\JMGBarrettm82\JMGBarrettM82.p3d";

picture="\JMGBarrettm82\Data\m82.pac";

optics = true;

modelOptics = "\JMGBarrettm82\Scope\Scope.p3d";

drySound[]={"weapons\m16dry",db-70,1};

reloadMagazineSound[]={"weapons\m16load",db-70,1};

sound[]={\JMGBarrettm82\sound\bang.wav,1,1};

count=10;

ammo = JMGBarrettM82;

opticsZoomMin=0.04;

opticsZoomMax=0.12;

distanceZoomMin=400;

distanceZoomMax=80;

displayNameMagazine = "JMG Barrett M82";

shortNameMagazine = "M82";

magazines[]={"JMGBarrettM82Mag"};

dispersion=0.00003;

soundContinuous=false;

reloadTime=0.3;

recoil=JMGBarrettm82;

opticsFlare = true;

aiRateOfFire=5.0; // delay between shots at given distance

aiRateOfFireDistance=1500; // at shorter distance delay goes lineary to zero

maxLeadSpeed=90; // max estimated speed km/h

threat[]={1,0.5,0.1};

enableAttack=1;

useAction=0;

useActionTitle="";

};

class JMGBarrettM82Mag: JMGBarrettM82

{

scopeWeapon=0;

scopeMagazine=2;

displayNameMagazine="JMG Barrett M82 Magazine";

shortNameMagazine="M82";

picture="\JMGBarrettm82\Data\m82mag.pac";

};

Is that last part about the magazine in the correct place?

The game loads fine, and doesnt give any errors, however the M21 is no longer visible in any loadout screen and neither is an M82.

can i be honest?

i am extremly surprised that you were able to acomplish that. i mean i ofered as much help as i could, but still you surprised me in successfuly acomplishing that.

and having said that:

in editing you will always run into minor problems. some people obsess over fixing every last little bitty thing.

my goal: get it good enough.

so if thats your only problem. then dont worry bout it. its not that big a deal smile_o.gif

I didnt really accomplish much, but thanks anyway. All that stuff I cut and pasted was included in the M82 mod. The guy was nice enough to include a ccp file with all that info. I just needed to figure out where to put it.

However, it didnt work in the end. I wanted to replace the M21 with the M82, effectively removing the M21 from the game. But, now I get neither rifle. No M21 (standard snipers are un-armed now) and no M82.

Any idea what to put in there or change to get it? I hoped it was possible to get an M21 in the item list, but then after selecting it and entering a mission, it would actually be an M82.

I wanted to learn how to change some units while playing your awesome mod. The stock A-10 sucks too, and I wanted to change that next. If I can figure this stuff out, that is.

The missing picture has always puzzling me when i replaced some weapons myself.

For some weapons it works very fine, just pointing out the good path in the picture= part of the weapon definition and it appears in the briefing very well.

But for some other it does not work , leaving just a white or blank picture in the briefing and i have no idea why, so i always end to let the default BIS picture for them.

If someone know the reason, i would be glad to learn why this occurs

I dont mean just the picture isnt visible in the gear loadout screen. The weapon isnt there at all, its not selectable. For some reason, what I did completely removed the M21 (w/o replacing it with the M82).

For instance, if you play a defaut mission like Bomberman, where you are supposed to be armed with the M21, your primary weapon slot is empty. And there are no sniper rifles selectable.

Ohh, and I didnt know the A10 had been replaced with the INQ one. I thought it was still the old BIS one. The INQ one is much better, thanks.

hi Pappy, i have changed some units in your mod (hummer ect...)

but i want to change the sig_m60 by the inq_m60

i unpbo the inq_m60 in y2k3/addons and in the config (the new one) i remplace the sig_m60 by inq_m60 line (i have seen in the config of the inq_m60)

but it don't change in game what happen rock.gif?

thanx

Looks like we're having a similar problem. Pappy is going to get real tired of answering these questions! Cant blame him. I just wish it was a simple matter of cutting and pasting new text into the config.bin

hi Pappy, i have changed some units in your mod (hummer ect...)

but i want to change the sig_m60 by the inq_m60

i unpbo the inq_m60 in y2k3/addons and in the config (the new one) i remplace the sig_m60 by inq_m60 line (i have seen in the config of the inq_m60)

but it don't change in game what happen rock.gif?

thanx

INQ and SIG M60's are exactly the same, except the INQ one has the "random" spotlight on it. which is random by script so you would need to copy and paste the eventhandlers from the "class tank" under the M60 class, then add in the INQ M60 scripts from his M60.

other then the light theres no differnce between his and sigmas.

about the M21 problem ill give it a look tonight when i get home from work. no promises thou

Quote[/b] ]

about the M21 problem ill give it a look tonight when i get home from work. no promises thou

Thanks Pappy, I appreciate it.

Jeah Pappy plz replace the A-10 with Diesel's One and the M60 with the one from INQ...

I had tryed to do this self but i was to dump tounge_o.gif

i have tested what you have sayed but didn't work for me

when i load a mission with the m60 it crash to the desktop

@ the A10: personaly i think deisels A10 is weak compared to INQ's. by weak im not refering to armor i just mean its.. .not that great lookin. crazy_o.gif

so no im not switchinem out.

@ switchin the INQ tank (for public release) no to that too. this is Y2K3 not Battlefield Veitnam wink_o.gif INQ's is strictly nam version. whilst sigs is more a modern version (well as modern as they could get before decomission)

@ switchin it for personal use: if you just switch the model="sig_tank\m60.p3d" to model="inq_m60\modelname.p3d" that should work without ANY problems.

Any suggestion about the M21 for M82? I dont just want to change the model line and have it just look like an M82. Id like to have it shoot like one too.

Hi everyone! xmas_o.gif

Pappy Boyington

Your mod GREAT! Answer please! In the future will be new version your mod? Very much wanted that it was so!!! smile_o.gif

Thanks!