Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

its possible. ive never heard of problems like that exsisting before

Neither have I, and that's what worries me.

Don't worry man ,I had encountered exactly the same problem with the the ECP dynamic range which causes a loss of sound with the grenades, I had downloaded again the file and after that functioned correctly wink_o.gif

Just when you thinks it safe to go back in the water....

It turns out that the problem I was experiencing was an ECP 'issue' as when I installed the Y2K3 Performance enhancing config file, I forgot to install the extra file installer so I had no ECP at all. When I realised and installed it, I got the same problem.

So I am running Y2K3 without the ECP effects. I get a few lines of text at the top sometimes as and when ECP is called for, and I am back to the standard NVG's but it seems I cant have everything.

Ben

A BIG thank`s to Pappy Boyington for implementing the tracers in the config file. smile_o.gif

Just when you thinks it safe to go back in the water....

It turns out that the problem I was experiencing was an ECP 'issue' as when I installed the Y2K3 Performance enhancing config file, I forgot to install the extra file installer so I had no ECP at all. When I realised and installed it, I got the same problem.

So I am running Y2K3 without the ECP effects. I get a few lines of text at the top sometimes as and when ECP is called for, and I am back to the standard NVG's but it seems I cant have everything.

Ben

llaumaax. download that for new skys and new nightvision goggle veiw (incompatable with dxdll but who cares)

oak, my guess is your trying to resume a mission or campain already started. with ECP, Y2K3, EECP, and FFXUR you need to restart the campaign or mission (start over from scratch)

After your PM, I uninstalled flashpoint and then re installed it, patched to 1.96, installed Y2K3 with the Performance enhanced config.

I started the CWC campaign and thought that the problem was fixed.

I tried to put on some NVG's and realised that they were the original ones.

I then noticed that I hadnt installed the extra file installer (which I think adds the ECP folder), so i ran it, tried the campaign from where I left it and the problem came back.

So I am assuming that by trying to continue the campaign with ECP folder, even though it was already started by Y2K3, classes as resuming an original save etc etc?

Ben

yes it does. you will need to restart the entire thing. sorry sad_o.gif

gives ya something to do! biggrin_o.gif

if you want my completed campaign i can send it to you as soon as you tell me which file is the "Saved" one tounge_o.gif

the nvg's will be replaced in the llumax (found on my site)

download and install that... if you prefer the newer version or a completly differnt sky pack you may drag and drop the files for their skies (like i did for my personal custom combo) and then run the install.bat and move those data and data3d.pbo files (and the hwtl folder) into your Y2K3\Dta folder and you will have new nvgs and all that

Don't worry man ,I had encountered exactly the same problem with the the ECP dynamic range which causes a loss of sound with the grenades, I had downloaded again the file and after that functioned correctly wink_o.gif

And if you had read my post you would realize I've done that twice already.

Big thanks to Thunderbird84 for getting this set up (editing the resource.cpp) and improving my orginal planed image (adding in the east and west soldier).

if it werent for him i woulda givin up on this idea.

but anyway Y2K3 has its own GUI now.

Y2K3GUI.jpg

Download GUI Here

resource.cpp goes in Y2K3\Bin folder (overwrite the orginal)

and the SWI_UI.pbo goes in your Y2K3\Addons folder smile_o.gif

That's pretty cool.

Downloading now, I love the Y2K3 mod.

The Y2K3 Topic will now rest in peace.

right now im working on Y2K3 Version 7.0

Change List:

AH64 with Marco Polo IV's AH64D (in a black scheme)

T55 with the latest RHS T55 version

M1A1 with INQ/King Homer

su25 with tomid's su25 (keeping the inq effects)

@ECP folder and settings no longer required.

Updates:

HYK & ORCS latest version soldiers now fully compatable (and included)

Additions:

wolfbane tracers for vehicles (helos & tanks)

bn880 tracers for soldiers

Custom GUI for main screen.

and prolly some other shit i forgot.

check it out thou. if you have been following along grabing up the limited edition, and tracer, and gui stuff form recent... then this doesnt really affect you (bedies the RHST55 thingy) your up to date.

this is more for newcomers to the mod. all the updates all in one package.

ok i gotta get back to work on that. bye  smile_o.gif

edit: forgot to put into context the opening.

when 7.0 is ready (should be a coupleadays) im gonna create an entirely new topic. and probably have to re-answer all the same questions again but eh will be smaller and easier to use for newcomers

I'm not a new comer to the mod, but I may just download the hall thing again with the new features. I think I missed a few things here and there, as long as all them addons are included like in the original I'll be fine.

It could be rader interesting to have the Mapfact nogova in your recomendations to make the game better.

Thanks for the improvements Pappy.

Regards.

@CERO

A new version of Y2k3 ? rock.gif

I will use it, thats for sure. biggrin_o.gif

This are good news. smile_o.gif

do i have to redownload the whole pack again, or are you going to make a patch for the "old" version?

This is fantastic news for me! But not for the wife.It looks like i will never beat my addiction to this damed game biggrin_o.gif

one quirk, is the RPG-16d supposed to do that much damage to the M1A2 SEP? i got the updated config and it just seems like it does too much damage to "america's best tank on the battlefield"

The Y2K3 Topic will now rest in peace.

right now im working on Y2K3 Version 7.0

Change List:

AH64 with Marco Polo IV's AH64D (in a black scheme)

T55 with the latest RHS T55 version

M1A1 with INQ/King Homer

su25 with tomid's su25 (keeping the inq effects)

@ECP folder and settings no longer required.

Updates:

HYK & ORCS latest version soldiers now fully compatable (and included)

Additions:

wolfbane tracers for vehicles (helos & tanks)

bn880 tracers for soldiers

Custom GUI for main screen.

and prolly some other shit i forgot.

check it out thou. if you have been following along grabing up the limited edition, and tracer, and gui stuff form recent... then this doesnt really affect you (bedies the RHST55 thingy) your up to date.

this is more for newcomers to the mod. all the updates all in one package.

ok i gotta get back to work on that. bye  smile_o.gif

edit: forgot to put into context the opening.

when 7.0 is ready (should be a coupleadays) im gonna create an entirely new topic. and probably have to re-answer all the same questions again but eh will be smaller and easier to use for newcomers

feck.. gonna buy a new eamty CD tounge_o.gif as i shall burn out 7.0 on biggrin_o.gif

Pheeww.. my DVD cover says only Y2K3.. not 6.0 thx god biggrin_o.gif

1but anyway m8.. good luck.. cant wait biggrin_o.gif

do i have to redownload the whole pack again, or are you going to make a patch for the "old" version?

uhmm i suppose i could do that.

but like i said other then the T55 change everything that ive been posting here in terms of updates is basicly what 7.0 is all about.

the patch will prolly be like 80 or so megs.

i do have some bad news thou sad_o.gif 6.0 was 328 MB; 7.0 is 579MB blues.gif dont hurt me. its all one installer, thats it no extra file thingy, nothing. just this file and go

but the reason for this is.. the new files required... and ive taken the liberty of packin in the data and data3d.pbo's with KEgetys High Resolution Skys (and unsung's stormy sky in place of kegs) and that new rain texture by... umm.. that other.. guy.. person.. thingy. forgot his name.

anyway those will be installed by default. naturaly if you dont want to use them simply delete them from the Y2K3\DTA folder and use your own sky mod.

that aside i remembered some other changes.

Black Ops aka Special Forces are now LSR Rangers.

Sports Car are now Challenger (convertable) and Sigmas White challenger.

added 2 shotcuts to run Y2K3. one for the 1.96 beta patch and one for the final patch (linked to flashpointresistance.exe)

@agent556: i have no control over the RPG16, thats a suchy & earl weapon. i didnt modify it i only used it. besides it balences out the lack of a 3rd round. (rpger usualy has 3 rpgs default) also the abrams armor was jacked up slightly. default was 900, INQ's was 1600, i toned her down to 1300. 1 will disable her.. crew bails and runs. 2 will destroy it. steal one. and own T80's with one wink_o.gif keep in mind too that AI arent incredably accurate with RPGs (Thank god) so they miss once... come close the second time. their out of ammo, time to kill biggrin_o.gif

im uploading the file now to edge network. 2 hour and 44 minutes left for the upload. again i applogise for thelarge size, but she has EVERYTHING you need. i tested all morning (3am til 6am) with just Y2K3 and Res addons folder (my res addons folder has ONLY bis addons) so i know for a fact that all addons are included. i get absolutly no errors. i also got rid of the "ECP Settings" in the menu cuz ECP is no longer used

so yea this will make it alot easier for new comers and for those of you that were confused, or jsut too lazy to follow along with the updates.

forgot to mention. there will be only 2 config choices. Exploding Bodies and No Exploding Bodies.

im usng the PE config, which means more performance freindly total conversion smile_o.gif

dispite removing all ECP dependances from the game.. you still need the ECP pbos (included dont worry) for the AT back blask and stuff like that smile_o.gif

and yes its all done the only thing i had to do was the T55 pack thingy. had to download install and change that in the config. like i said the rest of this stuff ive been doing over time. limited edition config, tracers, so on and so forth. im just merely packing this up into one file for neweys.

and ill tell you why. last night i was on teh ASP server playing some MP on my laptop at work (nothin like killing and getting paid for it), when i got home i got on my desktop and jumped on the LOL server. i was suing Y2K3 and i was kiddin the guy "masterofpuppets", was tellin him "you see shity bis Mi24, i see beautiful CSLA2 Mi24 wiht retractable gear" and him, and another fella said "oh well mabe i will check out Y2K3" and it dawned on me... new people like that are gonna be confused out of thier minds "download 6.0 then download limited edition, then download... AHHHH" so i figured fuck it. ill just update the whole kit n kaboodle. plus with the GUI it really makes the new version.. new.

now i do want to bring something up here. total conversion mods like this arent MP compatable (unless the server is running it). so this may cause "modified file" errors and other undesired effects in MP.

having said this, i played for several hours last night using Y2K3 on a non-Y2K3 based server with my game sufering a heart attack and dying only 3 times. all it said was "flashpoint has caused and error and will now close, you should report this error to microsoft" blah blah. thats 3 times, in 8 hours of gaming. played several missions just fine, and let me tell you... the one mission we played "desert rats" or something like that. i forget now lmao. anyway we played it.. and everyone was shooting.. and it jumped to a cut scene... and the bn880 tracers were flying everywhere and it was frickin BEAUTIFUL. wow_o.gif

and the one guy asked me "well isnt that cheating? the abrams has more armor then the BIS one" and the answer to that is, no it isnt. the ammo truck has an M2 on top now, but all that stuff is server controled. the only localy echoed stuff is the models and textures. the armor, weapons, ammo, all those values are server controled. but you do experiance some nice effects they dont, like tracers, and retractable gear on the Mi24, and smoke from planes. but that stuff doesnt give you an "advantage" persay. and i can promise you the "missel proof ecms" on planes and helos do NOT work in MP lol. i was flying an A10 and got my ass owned with 1 stinger (it was a stolen A10)

now about the crashes, those cant be helped. i dont know if its just me and my OFP is being mean, but 2 of them crashs were suffered when i was at work on my laptop, and thats a fresh install. but this is ONLY MULTIPLAYER RELEATED!!!!! basicly what im saying here is Y2K3 isnt ment for MP use on non Y2K3 servers, but you can in fact use it on those servers if you dont mind a couple (rare) crashs. and with all the OFP problems ive had over the years. those few crashs.. are nuthin that concerns me personaly so ill continue to y2k3 online smile_o.gif

M21 replaced with Dan_M14 pack version (his M21) scope and all  smile_o.gif

sprry this stuff just keeps comin to me. ive been modding the hell out of Y2K3 since i released it so i dont remember all the changes lol  biggrin_o.gif

edit: T55, M60, M1A2, T80, T72, (resistance versions too) all have the ICP_Effects fire effect

1_firegood.jpgsmile_o.gif

edit2: ouch... ok all the "new changes"... im gonna make a patch for version 6.0 users.. but the patch is gonna be 200 megs. (for just the addons and config) crazy_o.gif sorry.