Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

at version 6.0 i already said that i have no plans on updating Y2K3 past this point.

most of my users have since personaly customized thier Y2K3 and pu in hours of personal customization... and to make them do ti all over again would be criminal.

and like you said.. bye bye framerate smile_o.gif

so dont start countin the days.. im not updating it with the new ECP.. and secondly.. even if i wanted to, i dont have the time i once did to work on it in order to update it.

That should answer it.

Pappy please excuse me for asking yet another question! I am trying out the new orcs rus infantry,and i don't like the leaves sticking out of the helmets.Having just read the new topic for these units i beleive it may be possible to get rid of the leaves by inserting a line in the east soldiers hidden selections in the YK23 config. Could you kindly advise me as to what editing i have to do. Cheers STE

Pappy, I am getting an error after install.

It happens when I boot up and I get the old BIS model for the RPG7 in the game.

The error is:

No Entry Y2K3Custom-PE-NXB.bin/CFGWeapons.ICPrpg7vLauncher.

And I downloaded all the ORCS stuff and installed it?

What do I need to do to fix this?

Pappy, I am getting an error after install.

It happens when I boot up and I get the old BIS model for the RPG7 in the game.

The error is:

No Entry Y2K3Custom-PE-NXB.bin/CFGWeapons.ICPrpg7vLauncher.

And I downloaded all the ORCS stuff and installed it?

What do I need to do to fix this?

that is an issue to bring up with ORCS, the Y2K3 name is in there merely because it is the config.bin that OFP reads. if it was ECP ,EECP, ect ect then they ould get blamed.

this issue has something to do with the ords RPG7 that forwhatever reason is a seperate download (overwrite the orginals in the Y2K3\Addons folder)

about the leaves... a complaint i ofered up too.

hiddenSelections[]={"medic","helmcamo1","helmcamo2","helmcamo3"};

since as it turns out i was using 1.0 rather then 1.5.. that when i went to revert back i reveted back to the worng version.. long story short i got fed up and added the line myself so there it is. add that to Class: SoldierEB and your good to go (overwrite the orginal hiddenselections line)

Pappy, i've just read your post in the flash fx replacement unit topic! If i may quote you(well i tell you what, you finnaly inspired me to look into that tracer script thingy for personal use.. i gone done and traded out the laser beams for the way you did it in your config, and i must admit it is much more fun to randomly shoot at stuff now) wink_o.gif Now i bet you know what i am going to ask you now smile_o.gif Yes thats right how do i do it in the Y2K3 config. Thanks ste

Pappy, i've just read your post in the flash fx replacement unit topic! If i may quote you(well i tell you what, you finnaly inspired me to look into that tracer script thingy for personal use.. i gone done and traded out the laser beams for the way you did it in your config, and i must admit it is much more fun to randomly shoot at stuff now) wink_o.gif Now i bet you know what i am going to ask you now smile_o.gif Yes thats right how do i do it in the Y2K3 config. Thanks ste

id tell you, but i would have to kill you first! blues.gif

awe hell. look im about to go test something in terms of "Toning" down the smoke from guns effect from 3 seconds to 2.2 seconds, so i can see the tracers biggrin_o.gif after that i have to go to work (3-11).

when i get home, ill re-release the Limited Edition Config with the Tracers.

but i must warn you: if your a west guy, and you pick up an east gun (like a PK) the tracers fired will still be red. the tracers are local to the person and not the gun.

althou this helps if a west unit is using a east gun you dont accidently shoot him biggrin_o.gif

ok i lied, im not releasing an updated config.bin.

this is due to one itty bitty minor error, that i have no clue what causes it but occasionaly crashes the game (in relation to the tracer fx) i dont know what it is, or even what causes it. my only guess is its footmuch/tomid's F16 cuz the only time i encountered the error is when flying it. someitmes its an error message sometimes its a "flashpoint has caused an error and will now close" type deal.

what i will do is, release the config.cpp file and yall can look at it and find out what to add where. alright? ill do that later on tonight

ok i lied.... again.....

the tracer script integration has too many bugs for me to justify telling you how.

first bug: soome rifels, for whatever stupid reason, has a tracer round for every bullet whilst others are every 3rd bullet.

second bug: tracer rounds apper when you fire FFAR, AT6, and other weapontry.. not just bullets. and those tracers just "rain" down while the missel flys fullspeed ahead.

third and finnaly the random script error that causes OFP to suffer a heart attack and die. happens once in a blue moon, but enough to consider the integration of the tracer fx script a bad idea.

so sorry to get your hopes up sad_o.gif

Yep i can confirm it using the new flash fx replacement unit mod with the latest config which includes the new tracer scrips is bug ridden,i to have had similer expiriences.So to cut a long story short it wouldn't be worth the trouble introducing the tracer thing into YK23.(it's near to perfection for me anyway)

I am not sure if it was you are looking for but in the config, the tracer colors are defined by those lines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> tracerColor[]={...}

The number are between 0 and 1 and use the RGB standard (Red Green Blue), the last number is the level of transparency of the tracer

Example, if you want to make a red "star wars" tracer for the M16, you must have something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class BulletSingleW:BulletSingle

{

tracerColor[]={1.000000,0.000000,0.000000,1.000000};

tracerColorR[]={0,0,0,0.005};

};

class BulletBurstW:BulletBurst

{

};

class BulletFullAutoW:BulletFullAuto

{

};

in your config

I have no idea of what tracerColorR is.

i know i wont let the topic die  tounge_o.gif

ok wolfbanes tracer script is updated (without ctd)

so here is an editable config (from my last PE-Custom release) with the scripts integrated.

it does NOT come in differnt versions. for i do not have time to update the config.bin everytime something remarkable is released.. instead i give it to you as is so that you can simply do a copy and paste job.. or hell just use the included config (comes in exploding bodies version only) and overright the orginal

http://tootallinc.atwar.net/files/Y2K3Custom-PE-XB-TR.rar

requires:

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload6/wbe_tracerfx_v106.zip

How To Integrate it into Y2K3 yourself:

Hi,

It's necessary to replace the line tracerColor by that there, and

only the line tracerColor, one shouldn't replace the line

tracerColorR , you may do that to all lines "tracerColor" except wich cuntain this words "Sniper" and "silencedrifle"

Quote[/b] ]tracerColor[]={0,0,0,0.005000};

after that, take a look at:

Class *

*Tank

*Man

*SoldierWB

*SoldierEB

*SoldierGB

*JeepMG

*Mi24

*UH60

*UH60MG

*A10

*M2

*M113

*BMP

*RussianTank

and copy the Eventhandlers from each of the above listed -*- and paste them to the same place in your own config.

-*-: note i may have forgotton one or two, so just search (using notepad) for "tracerfx" and follow the above directions

some minor bugs:

a) if you pick up an OPFOR weapon it will fire local tracers, IE: a west unit picks up a PK, he will shoot red tracers dispite it being an east weapon.

b) on helos (Mi24 & UH60) and planes (A10)when rockets/missels are fired, every 3rd rocket fired will generate a tracer that will simply "rain" down until it fades.

if B bothers you too much then just dont put the tracerfx line in the init of helos and planes.

someone knows FLASHRAM

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7781

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105

it comes with its own config so that it works with all unit...

but not with Y2K3 smile_o.gif

you have to put this into the init so that it works

FLASHRAM = loadfile "\FLASHRAM\FLASH.sqf";this addEventHandler ["fired",{_this call flashram}]

... but can perhaps someone tell me how I make it work with all units by config.....

@ retextured trees: as long as its JUST retexturing.. and not differnt models it should still be compatable with islands

@flashram: i saw that... and scrolled right on past it. i dont like the idea of the entire area lighting up when someone shoots. i like the current way it is. due to the fact that the muzzel flash, other then full auto, is so quick that you wouldnt even notice it.

and dont foreget: more lights = more lag.

dont belive me? check out any island at night.. when you get close to a lighted area.. if it has more then 2 lights on in the area it will drop a good 5 FPS

I agree with pappy, 30 guys lighting it up is a recipe for a lagfest.  Also, if anything, I don't think the muzzleflash really would light up more than a 3-5 foot radius, unlike that thing which appears to light up a large are.

I know but I didn't meant to use it for the Y2K3 config (the official by pappy).... just for my persnal Y2K3 config.

but I don't get how to implement it !

__

smile_o.gif nice I'm back in arround 6 hours !!!

I know but I didn't meant to use it for the Y2K3 config (the official by pappy).... just for my persnal Y2K3 config.

but I don't get how to implement it !

I'll tell you how to introduce it in few hours wink_o.gif

Hi,

may someone help me please? i don´t now exactly what i did wrong, but i´m getting following error message using y2k3:

"...no entry evenhandlers.scope".

i installed the new deluxe .bin and have all needed addons, but the error message is still there?

sorry for my english and thanks a lot for usefull replies

Hi,

may someone help me please? i don´t now exactly what i did wrong, but i´m getting following error message using y2k3:

"...no entry evenhandlers.scope".

i installed the new deluxe .bin and have all needed addons, but the error message is still there?

sorry for my english and thanks a lot for usefull replies

Have you got Johns Ardennes Pack installed? I think this error occured with this pack. There was an update for it, but I don`t know if it fixes this error. If not you`ll have to remove the addon to get rid of the error message.

thanks

that´s right, this addon causes the error message. i deleted it and this problem was solved.

thanks a lot pappy

First.

Love your work Pappy, breathed new life into a game that...well wasnt dying, so erm...now it's really good. Best choice of addons for the replacements, great version/modification/change of ECP.

I was going to say that it makes more sense to a layman, for effects to come from eventhandlers than truck loads of looping scripts. But I wont because that's been dealt with.

biggrin_o.gif

Second.

Back on page 138 of this thread you mentioned editing the smoke effects on the rifles.

Quote[/b] ]you need to edit the smoke part of the config.. but its a universial smoke thing.. so its either all or none. all guns got the smoke, or no guns have it

Personally I dont want it. How do I get rid of it?

Third.

Also on page 138 is editing the config to include more of the DR sounds. Can I do this with things like the mounting/dismounting sounds also, or just Class shell?

Fouth.

I've looked for answers back through the thread and on your website. Apologies if these have been answered 1000 times before!

Thanks