Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Challenger 2 beta released

when i put a group of challengers down there on the east side and when u select them in editor they appear as east soldiers, but the icon is still a tank one

this is due to the fact that DKM accidently defined their sides incorrectly in the config.

instead of side=1 they put side=0

edit: Carnage if u dont mind us editing ur files could u please supply a config in ccp instead of .bin?

thank you guys, this is the kind of feedback that helps us improove things.. keep it coming smile_o.gif

excellent addition,

modelling is imo better than usual (i didnt notice obvious bad faces/reverted normals)

still a few minor glitches i hope you will take as positive criticism :

Some cylinders need some more smooth/sharp work, examples:

dkmm_sharpen1.jpg

see the wheels too and a few others, i am sure it will be really great when it's finished smile_o.gif

And Jinef will be happy at last (private joke)

edit : typo

realy nice tank.

I get a white LOD on the tracks/weels (not sure which one or both) in one of the lower LOD's.

Woodland is too bright. The black looks like green right now.

Very nice addon!

And how the antennas are moving, while driving the tank, amazing, you ppl are crazy!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Very nice addon!

And how the antennas are moving, while driving the tank, amazing, you ppl are crazy!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

I agree on evry thing except the Crazy part:

They are not crazy: They got the guts to do it wink_o.gif

I keep getting virus alerts when trying to copy this to my HD rock.gif

edit* Virusname is W32.Pinfi, and occurs in both the challenger.exe and rsc.exe. I'm running the the 2002 version of Norton Anti virus with the latest updates.

Thats your Own PC i think ( you are infected with the virus )

Or else...Let DKM awnser it.

Nope.

The message appeared when i put the CD-RW which I had copied the exe files onto, into my PC at home. It specifically metioned these two files by name and said that both files were infected.

Conducting a full scan of my PC to be on the safe side.

I'll keep you posted

*edit: I've scanned my PC and not found any viruses on it. Gonna try DLing it again and see what happens

Make sure that Norton knows that this pbo is not a virus.

Haved you scaned many pbos with Norton.

Chances are that is a Norton missunderstanding. I hade it before sending pbos to somebody and my Norton version saying that the pbo was a virus stoping me from sending it wow_o.gif

Too many scripts in those new addons lately.

I'm about to reinstall windows, but I think I'll download this first and try it biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Looks very nice, as usual the model is top quality and the features are awesome, i especially like all the smoke scripts.

the textures on the desert version seem a little dull, when compared to the challengers that were in iraq. Maybe you guys could think about making the textures with a little more colour.

Very well done. This tank will make for some great multiplayer missions. Having four crew is great. This one release overshadows anything I saw in the "BAS Week".. whatever happened to that I wonder...

wink_o.gif

This one release overshadows anything I saw in the "BAS Week".. whatever happened to that I wonder...

wink_o.gif

stupid comment, appreciate what you get

Quote[/b] ]This one release overshadows anything I saw in the "BAS Week".. whatever happened to that I wonder...

People like you ruined it with your constant bitching.

This one release overshadows anything I saw in the "BAS Week".. whatever happened to that I wonder...

*Rolls eyes / shakes head*

crazy_o.gif

when iwas testing this i was riding in the back and found the view was above the tank...

is there anyway to correct this fooling around with the config?

Wonderful tanks, but I think the textures are too bright.

Example:

Tank.jpg

The one in the foreground is damaged, and I think it looks better.

smile_o.gif

Fabulous work of art. I agree on the brightness though... it could be downed a little,

just to give the vehicle a chance when hidden in the outshirts of a forest or alike

camo IMO should always fit OFP rather than appear 100% "real".

No point in making a gorgeous camo if it doesnt get the job done ( = hide a unit/vehicle ).

wink_o.gif  However, Thank you for this awesome tank, lads  unclesam.gif

I know what I'm gonna do today - an' it will be ONE bloody day!!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

* BEHOLD, FOES, Tomb is in position of a challenger tank!!!* hehehe tounge_o.gif

"BAS Week".. whatever happened to that I wonder...

If you have a problem with our PR methods, bring it up with us, don't have a swipe at us "behind our backs."

thankyou.

Oh, c'mon. As you can see on these pics real sand is not always bright, but real challengers are still more "yellowish" than yours. PLEASE make it brighter. rock.gifwink_o.gif

Good job as usual DKM, only bad thing was that I could not use it in a MODfolder rock.gif it took me 20 minuts to figure that out mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

ok, i'll make it brighter if you make ofp sand brighter..deal?

Thats like saying if someone made an SAS pinkie you would have to make the sand pink, all i was doing was suggesting some improvements. ho hum i thought that was the whole point of a forum.

People, what was meant was that the sand colour is meant to blend with ofp's sand. Sure we could make a brighter version, but then when you are sticking out like a soar thumb in the desert with ofp, you'll complain. Afterall, camouflage is meant to blend with the current surroundings, which this does. I'd say this is more realistic than the true-to-life colour scheme as that one would not work. At least this way it looks right. and you know what the saying goes like..

all camoflage on any millitary vehicle is intended to blend in with the environment, giving it iraq sandcolor would make the tank stick out like a sore thumb in ofp.

Irl, each vehicle is painted to match the environment thay are going into battle to as close as possible.

this sand color is identical to ofp's sand color, since the tint was taken from ofp itself.

In iraq, the sand is a brighter yellow, there are also red deserts, and white salt deserts.

If a tank is going into battle in such conditions for prolonged time, they will be painted to match these circumstances.

and yes, this could even mean they would paint it red.

If someone builds a new island and uses different colors of grass/woodland or sand, they should not use the camo on these challengers, the woodland version might be a bit too bright in one circumstance, while it is perfect for another. (as irl)

forget iraq cr2's this one is not for combat in iraq, its for combat in ofp.

im pretty sure that the cammo that has been deployed in Iraq is the standard British Desert Cammo where ever they are deployed, but it is your addon and it is an amazing tank, o im sorry i never said thank you for all your hard work on this addon and is greatly appreciated especially for the fact that there is a lack of good up to date british stuff out there atm.

ok, no problem mate, we are simply discussing this as adults arent we? smile_o.gif

But i know one thing for sure: the British government would not send yellow painted tanks to fight in a red desert.

there is no 'standard' paint scheme for fighting vehicles.

IF the tanks are expected to fight in a certain area for a long duration, you can bet yer boots some experts will look at the paint schemes to match best the surroundings overthere.

very nice tank, I like the cool suspension script. But one question isn't the gun a little weak? it takes me three shots to destroy a RHS t-55 iraqi tank. I would think that 120 mm cannon could kill it in one shot wouldn't it? but still nice tank!