Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

LAW80 & M47 Dragon

I've searched but not found much...

Does any know of any M47 or LAW80 launchers in the works, or already out there?

Yes we are, just had a quick scan around our site and I can't find any pics of the LAW80 to show you, unfortunately I'm in work at the moment so can't make any either sad_o.gif

I recall a couple of M47 dragons being made on the OFPinfo site, not textured but had the correct sitting animation for them instead of the stock BIS launcher position. Nothing even close to release or beta grade. Most everyone switches to the AT-4 and CArl Gustove and Laws cause they are easier to dal with where the M47 is an actual crew served weapon, its even vehicle mountable. That and the missile is guided might prove another problem not sure soldier class can lauch guide missiles. so it have to work like stingers/grails.

As for Law-80 no clue, I wasn't paying attention just the US used hardwear.

Quote[/b] ]As for Law-80 no clue, I wasn't paying attention just the US used hardwear.

You really weren't paying attention as I already said that we at Project UK Forces are making one biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the danger zone of the Dragon's backblast was 55m
Damn  crazy_o.gif  

Are u sure u really want that Major Fubar?

Edit: One day ill learn to write

For LAW80:

there is one from MAD? It was released together with SA80s with some british troops pack, not sure if it were the BIB Royal Marines or some other.

Suggest you dig around at ofpec addon depot.

Never seen a M47 Dragon

but regardless of this a manualy controlable, man portable missle is possible with ofp.

Might be the sitting animation that stopped guys making one.

S!

I recall a couple of M47 dragons being made on the OFPinfo site, not textured but had the correct sitting animation for them instead of the stock BIS launcher position.    Nothing even close to release or beta grade.   Most everyone switches to the AT-4 and CArl Gustove and Laws cause they are easier to dal with where the M47 is an actual crew served weapon, its even vehicle mountable.  That and the missile is guided might prove another problem not sure soldier class can lauch guide missiles.  so it have to work like stingers/grails.

An accurate guidance system is perfectly possible. The Operation NorthStar and Operation Frenchpoint Eryx missiles in their infantry weapons addons work exactly like an actual wire guided missile in that the missile flys towards whatever you keep the weapon sights on.

Even if the firing position is the standard BIS LAW/RPG animation, I still think that this would be fine. All that is really needed is to figure out the .cpp stuff in the Eryx (or get help from those mod teams to figure it out) and a decent Dragon model + textures.

So basically there is no reason why it couldn't be made.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I recall a couple of M47 dragons being made on the OFPinfo site, not textured but had the correct sitting animation for them instead of the stock BIS launcher position.    Nothing even close to release or beta grade.   Most everyone switches to the AT-4 and CArl Gustove and Laws cause they are easier to dal with where the M47 is an actual crew served weapon, its even vehicle mountable.  That and the missile is guided might prove another problem not sure soldier class can lauch guide missiles.  so it have to work like stingers/grails.

An accurate guidance system is perfectly possible.  The Operation NorthStar and Operation Frenchpoint Eryx missiles in their infantry weapons addons work exactly like an actual wire guided missile in that the missile flys towards whatever you keep the weapon sights on.  

Even if the firing position is the standard BIS LAW/RPG animation, I still think that this would be fine.   All that is really needed is to figure out the .cpp stuff in the Eryx (or get help from those mod teams to figure it out) and a decent Dragon model + textures.  

So basically there is no reason why it couldn't be made.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Isn't the original OFP Calrl Gustav also "wire guided" ? And also for good examples of these navigational systems working in OFP is the FDF TOW launcher, the WGL addpack TOW launcher and several others.

Yeah I think the Carl Gustaf is in OFP although I think only if in veteran mode or beginner mode... something like that.

Unrealistic of coarse. But whatever the case the Dragon is very do-able.

I wouldn't make it like the TOW however because the TOW can not easily be carried around by infantry while the dragon is much more portable and can be carried around. I'd rather see it like the Eryx addon personally.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes.  It's still in very early stages.  It will be standard in cargo of M2A1 and M2A2 Bradleys, and the Javelin will be in the M2A2-ODS.

And he'll go on your list with everything ever made ever that could ever have been put on or near a bradley in its history of service.

Did you email them? I must admit, I'm pretty slack at checking my mail - I'll go look shortly...

[edit: OK, just got the mail - looks very good! The textures might still need a small amount of work, but looking very promising!]