Sign in to follow this  
buggs

Hi res sarugao......

I decided to give one of my favourite islands a Resistance style overhaul. I've replace all the old textures and trees/forests for the resistance ones and i've changed some of the buildings (not all). Ive also added a bit more detail to certain areas ie. fences around military bases and more farms etc.

However i need to contact the author to get permission to release it (its about 85% done). I've tried the email in the original readme but i haven't received a reply so i was wondering if anybody in the community had contact with SchuscH or if anyone has a alternate email address.

Thanks, Buggs  rock.gif

it would be nice if you could add a few extras such as what we've seen on the Ardennes island like small gardens and fields and maybe the implementation of some grass from Erba.pbo and maybe also some AGS Buildings

-edit- : Suragao rocks, it would be great if you could make it even better smile_o.gif

Hi Buggs, great message. Sarugao is my favourite island too !

I am looking forward for this nice island >>> Res version.

fighter

biggrin_o.gif

it would be nice if you could add a few extras such as what we've seen on the Ardennes island like small gardens and fields and maybe the implementation of some grass from Erba.pbo and maybe also some AGS Buildings

-edit- : Suragao rocks, it would be great if you could make it even better smile_o.gif

Cheers for the reply, i'll consider Anything. The only thing im trying to avoid is adding things that will cause an extra burden for people when downloading ie. additional addons.

Cheers, Buggs

I love Sarugao, I allmost live there biggrin_o.gif

One thing is missing in Sarugao is a bridge.

Alecante should be a bit biger aswell, but the problem with making changes like that is that some missions may won't work.

Textures won't affect missions, fencing maybe, but you need them in there anyway.

One of the things I love of Sarugao is performance. It allways runs smooth, so maybe adding more modern textures will slow it down a bit? I don't know, but I don't really care, it shouldn't be that bad.

I hope you manage to contact Schusch.

@CERO

Very nice!  biggrin_o.gif

Did you change the textures, too? In the *original* version, there are some places with really sharp edges. Not bad ... but could look a little bit better.

Mfg MEDICUS

I love Sarugao, I allmost live there biggrin_o.gif

One thing is missing in Sarugao is a bridge.

Alecante should be a bit biger aswell, but the problem with making changes like that is that some missions may won't work.

Textures won't affect missions, fencing maybe, but you need them in there anyway.

One of the things I love of Sarugao is performance. It allways runs smooth, so maybe adding more modern textures will slow it down a bit? I don't know, but I don't really care, it shouldn't be that bad.

I hope you manage to contact Schusch.

@CERO

There's a definate hit on performance, With all those large hills/mountains. also there's quite a few trees in big open area's, But if you can run Nogova at a decent frame rate i don't see any major problems running Sarugao.

As for the fences/walls, i don't see any major problems. Is there anywhere in particular that you think the bridge should go, if at all?.

As for the layouts of the towns, i'm not changing anything. For me it's just about perfect.

Buggs wink_o.gif

Good idea, mate! smile_o.gif Could you also add some benches, trash cans, wells and other Res eye candies?

Good idea, mate! smile_o.gif Could you also add some benches, trash cans, wells and other Res eye candies?

Sure, Good idea.

Cheers, Buggs

Please add some bridges between the islands! Thanks mate!

Still one of my favorite islands.  And never have any lag problems.  I hope you get permission from SchuscH. Looking forward to this island  smile_o.gif

high res sarugao would be most appreciated by me.

i handle the saru.pbo in my ofp folder like an original bis addon, i´tll never leave my ofp blues.gif

Yep the original Saruago is definetly one of the better user made islands.

Yep, my favorite too. One reason as mentioned is performance, hope you can maintain that still smile_o.gif

Needed;

- Road between Saint Renoir and Belnuevo

- Small port(s) (not AGS please smile_o.gif )

- A couple of small islands in the south east and south west.

- Bridges ....... maybe sad_o.gif but only between the 2 main islands.

Not needed;

- Complicated towns IMHO. ie benchs and shyt .... that WILL lag it up. If you want that stuff ... add it in your mission to only the areas used.

Best of luck Buggs biggrin_o.gif

You would be my personal hero if you could replace the standard lights for those from the Reallight-Addon (like mapfact uses in some missions). This would make it a must-download for night crawlers like me! smile_o.gif

Some-one mentioned about updates causing problems with missions/cutscenes due to the inclusion of new buildings etc. Easy way around that is to just change the PBO and class names. Won't have any effect then, and people can still use the old island for the missions that would otherwise not work correctly on the new island, and rename the extension of the fully functional versions to be used on the new one.

Just an idea anyway.

Good luck with it, and I hope we dont have to wait too long biggrin_o.gif

Then the new Sarugao should be very different from the original, I wouldn't like to have two versions of the same island if they wasn't massibley different. But that's just me.

@CERO.

Why do all of u want to have bridges? The AI always tries hard to cross them ... but in fact, in 98% it doesn't work  sad_o.gif

Bridges in OFP looks nice, and they are good to be used in some CTF or C&H, but vor example in a coop it's really hard to use with the AI. In Missions like CTI or RTS it's also not the best to use an island with a Bridge, cause all try to conquere it (or at least destroy it at the beginning).

The island looks great as it is, and i think it's not too bad to have 2 seperated islands (thinking about a invasion-missions and so on)

Mfg MEDICUS

Sarugao is definately a great island, looking forward to playing with a higher res version of it.

Please make the larger airport on the main island the default one. It doesnt make sense to use that itty bitty airstrip in the NE part.

I'll Definitely change the airport. As for the bridge from one island to another, i think ill leave it as it is or i'll add some small adjoining islands.

Quote[/b] ]You would be my personal hero if you could replace the standard lights for those from the Reallight-Addon
I downloaded these lights, unfortunatly they can only be placed via the mission editor.
Quote[/b] ]Needed;

- Road between Saint Renoir and Belnuevo

Done

Quote[/b] ]Alecante should be a bit biger aswell, but the problem with making changes like that is that some missions may won't work.

Ive haven't changed any of the large towns simply because i would have to change the entire layout of the towns and i dont want to do this. However i have changed the buildings in the odd small village. And i dont see any of this spoiling any missions/cut scenes. The only thing ive really added are some farms (same as the ones on statton island, Trinity) and these are mainly in the mountain areas.

Cheers

Would anybody in the OFP community have any objection to me releasing the retextured version of Sarugao without SchuscH's permission. I have tried to get in contact with him/her but with little success. The last post this person made on these forums was over two years ago so i think it's safe to presume they have left the community. If people dont mind me releasing this i will keep the original read me file and give full credit to SchuscH.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers, Buggs

If people dont mind me releasing this i will keep the original read me file and give full credit to SchuscH.

Aslong as you do that I dont see the problem

If people dont mind me releasing this i will keep the original read me file and give full credit to SchuscH.

Aslong as you do that I dont see the problem

ditto smile_o.gif

and i hardly doubt that SchusH is still in touch with ofp and it´s community anyways- he hasn´t answered an email about 1 1/2 years ago.

i also think schush would even be proud to see someone revisit his very nice island!

Go ahead Buggs... I'm sure an island maker with such good taste (SchuscH) would have no problem with another island maker with such good taste (you) modifiying his island to be up to the high standards of resistance.