Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

The dutroux trial has begun.

I would say it should join germany. We could need some cheap labour working in our mines and building our tanks and new submarines.

Walloons you say ?

Lol, ok ...

But i m not setting one foot in a tank or sub like that ! tounge_o.gif

So you dont wanna be famous anymore for your "Deutsche gründlichheit" ( spelling crazy_o.gif ) ??

About Brussels ... The border could be running from Mouscron to Halle to Liege and Verviers ... hell i m up for that plan !

Lets set this into motion, if Chirac will fill in some adoption forms ... smile_o.gif

So Jap, tell us. What is your father and mother saying about the trial, how emotionally involved are they. Is there still a little confidence your judical system left?

So Jap, tell us. What is your father and mother saying about the trial, how emotionally involved are they. Is there still a little confidence your judical system left?

Well, i dont know about my mom and dad

I m 33 so i left home a while ago wink_o.gif

Didn t speak to my mom in years now .. long story and private smile_o.gif

Personally i really couldnt care less about the trail itself, but i care about the result. I m not too emotional envolved ( although i have a 4 year old daughter ) mainly because this has happened such a long time ago. The people here more or less came over the initial shock this bastard caused.

I know if the punishment is way lower then the average person expects ( which is Life in Prison MINIMAL !! ) all the bad feelings will be tripled by most of the population, and i cant really tell what will happen then. But you can be sure it s the governments head if that happens ... at least.

Generally everyone thinks it s about damn time the trail started and feeling confident he will get his punishment he deserves, most people arent too emotional about it anymore, at least not the people i know.

For someone just reading up on what happened here all these years ago i can imagine him being shocked.

About confidence in the judical system ... hehe ... no comment.

I have a good friend and he lives in a not so nice neighbourhood in Antwerp. One day ( few months ago ) his wife got mugged at 15hrs in plain daylight with a knife on her neck.

They went to the police, filed a report and they were looking, now for the robber's bad luck my friend found him first ( turns out he lived a few streets further, probably some crackhead ).

He was walking with his wife near their home just a few hours after the robbery and his wife frooze. She told m, that s him, he went to him, turned him around and smacked him in the face, he was out.

Police came, picked him up, ... he was out 2 hrs later !

So having faith in the judical/law system here ... no not really.

Cheers

I would say it should join germany. We could need some cheap labour working in our mines and building our tanks and new submarines.

I didn't expect a statement like this to come from Albert Schweitzer, more like from some other Albert S.

no harm intended, but when living in Germany I was told not to make jokes about your history of cheap & forced labour.

although I do notice you are saying this tongue-in-cheek, this remark would have been quite painful to my grandfather

So Jap, tell us. What is your father and mother saying

Hehe sorry but hahaha, as if he's 11, when he's actually 33 with a child of his own biggrin_o.gif sounded damn funny tounge_o.gif

JAP. I see your point with being 33, but still one needs to be a father or a mother to be able to feel what this trial is about.

Dutroux, nah, he is just a puppet. Every person in the trial repeats the same: Dutroux was horny for the money nothing else. What is realy interesting is who his customers were. If that bomb of information blows up, then you are near to anarchy.

And redface, historically I dont see no fit. Belgium was not seen a supply country of cheap labour. Belgium was anyhting but treated well, that I fully agree to.

But you better get used to my little sarcasm. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

So Jap, tell us. What is your father and mother saying

Hehe sorry but hahaha, as if he's 11, when he's actually 33 with a child of his own biggrin_o.gif sounded damn funny tounge_o.gif

Expect some "accidental" tk's in our next co-op Neo !  tounge_o.gif

@ Albert

Quote[/b] ]JAP. I see your point with being 33, but still one needs to be a father or a mother to be able to feel what this trial is about.

I know what you mean.

It s not just this trail. What i regret or feel bad about being a father is the fact that my daughter can t play on the streets without worries or us as parents worrying about what might happen ( kidnapping or worse ). Such thoughts are omnipresent with every parent, but not just here, all over the world. Dutroux isnt the one responsible for this, it s just that every year people feel less and less secure in their own home/neighbourhood.

Like an uncle of me says, pretty soon you ll need a big electrified fence and all the security hardware possible to feel somewhat secure in your own home. Well, that s maybe a little exagerated, but you know what i m saying.

I guess it s evolution, but if that ( feeling less and less secure ) is what evolution is about i rather be stuck in the 50's or 60's.

Knowing a few Dutch parents ( from dutch kids going to my daugther's school ) they tell me that Belgium has alot less crime then Holland and it s nice living here.

So it s hard for me to say Belgium has less or more crime then the other average country.

I feel pretty secure myself, although you often worry about your kid, but that s what parents do ... right ?!?

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]

So having faith in the judical/law system here ... no not really.

The saddest thing is, without a doubt, this can happen again with the same mistakes they've made years ago.

I believe only a real revolution of the Belgians can change that and open the eyes of the goverment.

@JAP : I can tell you 20 stories like that...

Well, my parents opinion on it is simple, they both think these seven years have been a waste of time and money, and that that idiot should've been on the receiving end of a bullet years ago.

I'm only 18, so does their opinion count? tounge_o.gif

Oh and except the governement sometimes mucking up, I still find this a lovely country to live in (as long as I'm on this side of the language barrier).

The insecurity here is mainly artificial, political parties making everyone believe that crime is a major issue, so people get scared and vote for parties who promise to do something about it, something you'll see everywhere, not just here.

The bureacracy and the logical consequence thereof, corruption are bigger problems, but not in the everyday life of a regular schmoe, so it'll stay that way.

It doesn't help that the belgian nature is to be quiet and to have low self esteem (then again, logical since all our neighbours except luxemburg have invaded and conquered us one time or the other biggrin_o.gif )

The attorney´s paper has 78 pages.

So it took 7 years to extract 78 pages ? Man, what a lousy job done there.

I assume Belgium has trial by jury? If this guy is as bad as the media has made him out to be (Im from UK and only vaguely remember the story from 7 years ago) whats to stop him asking for a retrial when he is found guity based on a predudicial jury - ie everyone in Belgium 'knows' he is guilty before proven in a court of law.

If he is sleeping during the trial he obviously wants to prolong the parents agony and this would be an effective means.

on a side-note: there's some sick debate going on about whether Dutroux can be photographed and filmed during the trial. OK, there is some weird old tradition in Europe that limits us to cartoon-like paintings of what is going on in the courtroom.

But now his lawyers have claimed D.'s right for privacy at any moment. Bear in mind that this is the man who let the kidnapped children walk around naked in his house so that they couldn't escape & obviously so that he could rape them at any moment. (one of the girls fled from the house twice, bare-naked, but was recaptured each time; she was later buried alive) Privacy ...

True, but it's best if society doesn't descend to his level. His right to privacy doesn't just protect him, if it was ignored on this occasion it could be ignored again in the future, then it could be ignored all the time and you end up with trials like OJs. Anyway, maybe if they can't spend all their time analysing footage from inside the court maybe, just maybe, the media will concentrate on facts for a change. smile_o.gif

Hmm, although I admit that in this case the urge to resort to more primitive feelings about "justice" & descending to the perpetrator's level is lurking around the corner, I was in fact pointing out how trials like this display a tendancy to entangle themselves all too easily in all kinds of formal procedural side-issues.

Oh well, right now Dutroux is inventing completely new versions of the facts: the kids were kidnapped by police officers who put them in his car etc. He's got nothing to lose ... lots of painful farce still ahead.

Why wasnt he killed yet. I mean I know that in Germany child abusers are treated pretty badly by other prison mates. smile_o.gif  Thanks god.  blues.gif

I dont think he s able to go with the "regular" prisoners.

I think he s in isolation for his own safety.

And here too they are looked down on and beaten by other inmates !

Oh, the trail is starting to live here ... my wife actually bought the newspaper today ... for the first time i know here IIRC crazy_o.gif

Cheers

Over here child abusers are never enprisoned together with "regular" prisoners, afaik.

on a side-note: there's some sick debate going on about whether Dutroux can be photographed and filmed during the trial. OK, there is some weird old tradition in Europe that limits us to cartoon-like paintings of what is going on in the courtroom.

_39908395_dutrouxafp203story2.jpg

I like how they just block out the eyes.

This might be an interresting read if you want to go somewhat further in the conspiracy theory ,or conspiracy fact actually.

http://www.pvda.be/solidair/n4599/xdossier.html

I saw Douglas Deconinck ,one of the writers of this book and investigating reporter ,on Nachtwacht on Canvas this evening.Deconinck confirmed that a total of 30 persons that wanted to come forward to give new information were misteriously unable to do so ,of wich 7 of this informants 'commited suicide' ,8 of them died in a 'car accident' ,5 were confirmed murdered and the rest just vanished ,this all withing a 1 day maximum span after they signalled to want to give information.

Children that dissapeared since arrest Dutroux ('96)

First line Name

Second line age

third line date of dissapearing

Marion Wagon

14/11/1996

Kevin Kobbe

03/12/1996

Corinne Sequelin

14/06/1997

Alexandre Decoster

?/09/1997

Shak'Yena/Okwari Fortin

?

25/12/1997

Dolin-Dolcy Dwight

?/07/1998

David Geebelen

11/11/1998

Mike

Majana Rexhepi

06/12/1998

Saad Azouni

17/12/1998

Hassan Jallah

23/03/1999

Kiri Kasakova

08/06/1999

Remii Vannus

08/06/1999

Puia Marinescu

26/07/1999

Ludmilla Halushyna

23/08/1999

Simon Lembi

12/11/1999

Kurim Khan Arafat

21/04/2000

Singh Baldev

25/04/2000

Mimosa Gjergi

21/08/2000

Yasmina Lahlou

24/09/2000

Sesay Mumumatsu

11/10/2000

Ahmad Sharefi

18/10/2000

Mhamad Sharefi

18/10/2000

Magsad Sharefi

18/10/2000

Sathasivam Kumar

20/10/2000

Kawusu Sankoh

01/12/2000

Katrin Honert

01/01/2001

Kamute Baelo

05/03/2001

Catherine Muller

05/03/2001

Ramses El Bahri

17/03/2001

Merita Kodra

08/06/2001

AdelaÄde Ingels

19/06/2001

Ludivine Girard

04/07/2001

Kastriot Dauti

25/08/2001

Aido Dedja

25/08/2001

Lum Gega

29/08/2001

Armeno Brati

29/08/2001

Mohamed Saredo

10/09/2001

Koci Hekuran

15/09/2001

Sokol Krasniqi

15/09/2001

Adriana Shamata

15/09/2001

Ilona Blondeel

24/09/2001

Pascal Zimmer

30/09/2001

Tess Maksimovic

10/04/2002

Céline Spasic

08/05/2002

Adam Joao

18/05/2002

Mahendru Kumar

21/05/2002

Bera Ardion

30/05/2002

Adriana Fabiana

08/06/2002

Rebecca Amador

23/06/2002

Aria Armando

08/07/2002

Ellen Van De Wal

11/08/2002

Amet Kega

14/09/2002

Katania Kotaria

14/09/2002

Vladimir Zhubi

14/09/2002

Cyrielle Labas

20/09/2002

Gjurim Domi

14/10/2002

Martine Blondel

17/11/2002

Naim Nazifi

19/11/2002

Ali Shwan Ahmad

09/12/2002

Kasem Hasa

23/12/2002

Olivier Fischer

27/12/2002

Ardian Rexha

31/12/2002

Jahwed Walli

09/01/2003

Estelle Mouzin

09/01/2003

Mhamat Aadnan

14/01/2003

Hamsa Soran

14/01/2003

M Radosavljevic

18/01/2003

Audry Moura

23/01/2003

R Radosavljevic

08/02/2003

Francesco Polizi

10/02/2003

Lucie Dousset

07/03/2003

Valérie Rey

03/04/2003

Pierre De Saedeleer

05/04/2003

Severine Renaud

26/05/2003

Quote[/b] ]Runaways included ?

Reported by the parents as Missing ,indeed we should take into consideration that a number of them may have just ran away.However i don't see kids of ages below 12 running away though ,maybe if they are 15 onwards.Another argument is that the number of yearly missing kids hasn't gone down since the Dutroux crises ,so even if 10% of these kids are abducted by Dutroux like pedo's ,it's untolerable.

I find it pretty strange that some of you think it's unbelievable that Dutroux has been in prison for 7 years without officially being guilty...

Damn ppl, think for 5 seconds, they found dead bodies in his garden, the girls were locked in his basement,...

No matter what, you can't lock children in your basement and later on bury their dead bodies in your garden without being guilty in one way or the other...

Sheesh... Whadya want us to do? The bastard already has way too much luxury(sp?)...

Oh well... trials in belgium suck big time, but still...

WARNING!

manontherun2.jpg

Belgium's public enemy #1 has managed to escape again!

It is rumoured that the government, after many failed attempts, finally managed to stage this man's escape from prison, so as to put an end to a trial whose outcome was destined to cause public outcry.

Beware, this man is extremely dangerous.

Belgium's public enemy #1 has managed to escape again!

It is rumoured that the government, after many failed attempts, finally managed to stage this man's escape from prison, so as to put an end to a trial whose outcome was destined to cause public outcry.

Beware, this man is extremely dangerous.

I don't understand.

Is this a supposed to be a joke?

Or is Belgium subcontracting out secuirty to Saudi special forces? tounge_o.gif