Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

Cpt. Frostbite....actually that's not strictly true.....SEAL's often use Pavehawks when they deploy from non Seabased platforms.

Also witness the Marines who flew on Pavehawks into Liberia. It mostly depends on availability of aircraft in the theater of operations.

*sigh* I quote:

Quote[/b] ]A chopper is chosen by what's there
I think that covers most of your post.

But here another one:

Quote[/b] ]. A sea-born seal ops will use a Seahawk (when using a chopper of the blackhawk class) since that's the only blackhawk that operates from ships. Most seal ops are sea-born, so they will mostly use the seahawk instead of the other blackhawk types.

I was responding to ruff's post in which he stated that seals should use pavehawks simply because there spec ops. WHat I wanted to say with my post is that there's no such thing as "we use this chopper and nothing else" and that it depends on the situation, mission profile and area of operation.

So next time (and I never though I would have to say this to you) read my post carefully.

i was saying that since there are pavehawks why not use them instead of sjb making a seahawk for the pack which will add more waiting time till the seals are finished

id rather have the seals out rather than wait till a seahawk is finished, which anyway seals use the pavehawks and the bas mh60g gunship grey looks like the seahawk in the movie anyway

that was my point

and i didnt say seals just use the pavehawks

Jackal, just so you know, the SEALS, as well as Army Special forces, no longer use the HK MK 23 aka SOCOM anymore. It was replaced by the SIG P226. The reason I know this is because I am a gunner's mate; and my instructor is a Naval Special Warefare Small Arms (SAAMI) Instructor for SEAL Team 1.

True but they used them in the film smile_o.gif

im really looking forward to these units biggrin_o.gif

Jackal, just so you know, the SEALS, as well as Army Special forces, no longer use the HK MK 23 aka SOCOM anymore. It was replaced by the SIG P226. The reason I know this is because I am a gunner's mate; and my instructor is a Naval Special Warefare Small Arms (SAAMI) Instructor for SEAL Team 1.

No worries there gmneal. SJB already released P226 in the latest handgun pack. It's just a mattter of adding and removing weapons in the units init line

Cpt. Frostbite....actually that's not strictly true.....SEAL's often use Pavehawks when they deploy from non Seabased platforms.

Also witness the Marines who flew on Pavehawks into Liberia. It mostly depends on availability of aircraft in the theater of operations.

*sigh* I quote:

Quote[/b] ]A chopper is chosen by what's there
I think that covers most of your post.

But here another one:

Quote[/b] ]. A sea-born seal ops will use a Seahawk (when using a chopper of the blackhawk class) since that's the only blackhawk that operates from ships. Most seal ops are sea-born, so they will mostly use the seahawk instead of the other blackhawk types.

I was responding to ruff's post in which he stated that seals should use pavehawks simply because there spec ops. WHat I wanted to say with my post is that there's no such thing as "we use this chopper and nothing else" and that it depends on the situation, mission profile and area of operation.

So next time (and I never though I would have to say this to you) read my post carefully.

i was saying that since there are pavehawks why not use them instead of sjb making a seahawk for the pack which will add more waiting time till the seals are finished

id rather have the seals out rather than wait till a seahawk is finished, which anyway seals use the pavehawks and the bas mh60g gunship grey looks like the seahawk in the movie anyway

that was my point

and i didnt say seals just use the pavehawks

AAAAAAAARG!!! For the last time there ALREADY IS A SEAHAWK PACK FOR OFP.

And YES in Tears of the Sun they USED SEAHAWKS!!!

Here is the link that was posted a couple of pages back:

http://www.hnn.navy.mil/Archives/030314/movie_031403.htm

So please lets not argue this point anymore. Extraction has a perfectly fine Seahawk addon pack with plenty of variants to choose from.

As someone else said, let this mod concentrate on the units now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ahh a nice SEAL team armed to the hilt ....ready to spew forth death and destruction on all who oppose it ....homecooked specwar badness ...these are gonna look nice ...hittng a beach near the tangos ...oh yea

I'm waiting for this one too. smile_o.gif

BTW:

Quote[/b] ] "The M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)

(Will remain in the pack, despite me now having a great MK43)"

They ARE packing an M249, as well as the Mk.43. "Slo" is carrying it. (I own the DVD, and I've been watching it a lot smile_o.gif ). One difference between his and what you've got; in the film, the ammo is in a woodland camo bag.

In that case its DEFINATELY staying as part of the pack biggrin_o.gif

Jackel there are other ways of having roled up sleeve skin textures without having to use face textures and stretching them out you know my AOL sn I.M me and ill tell u

how far along are you from finishing?

they all look pretty done, and youve only just started

like the srt pack

keep up the good work

always like wat units u make

Not far from the finish line now. They will be going into a close-to-final (private) BETA over the weekend, where hopefully all major kinks will be worked out ready for release (exact date is still TBA).

I've uploaded an updated image of the USP, which will accompany the pack (replacing the USSOCOM - although in appearance they are similar). Check out the new image at the 'TOS Weapons page'

finally

cant wait

we really needed these units

we can even use these for black ops missions

Hey nice lookin units and weapons Jackal.

Any chance of seeing some suppressed versions of the SOPMOD's in the weaponpack?

I'm really looking forward to these units - they're looking great, and the weapons look top knotch!

Keep up the good work jackal smile_o.gif

Any chance of seeing some suppressed versions of the SOPMOD's in the weaponpack?

Yes, they're already part of the pack, as well as the silenced sniper version with a scope.

@Cpt. FrostBite: The feet of the MK43 bipod have varying shapes, I've seen images of square, triangular, and round shaped feet, so I don't think its too big of an issue.

@Everyone else: Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions smile_o.gif

New face from liquid snake...this guy is the man!

face-tears2.jpg

Check A&M:C "Custom Faces" topic.