Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

I'm not a bush hawk...

If it's not for Bush's sake then I encourage you to keep on posting for the sake of my postcount.

Afterall, I suspect Kerry's margin of victory will go way over 8.5%.  tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

How good is your track record at predicting elections?

On the day before election day, I've been able to predict all winners going back to 1976, except Clinton in 1992.  I never would have guessed that Independent Ross Perot would so destroy Bush Senior's re-election bid by coming away with 19% of the (mostly Republican) vote.

By the way, Wikipedia offers a useful breakdown of US election stats.

Quote[/b] ]On the day before election day, I've been able to predict all winners going back to 1976, except Clinton in 1992. I never would have guessed that Independent Ross Perot would so destroy Bush Senior's re-election bid by coming away with 19% of the (mostly Republican) vote.

By the way, Wikipedia offers a useful breakdown of US election stats.

It is going to be two losses in your book, soon.... biggrin_o.gif

I think the rest of the world should throw some cash in a hat, and buy some advert time in the US.

We can then plead for Bush not to be elected, as he is a threat to ALL countries one way or another. OR we could buy votes smile_o.gif

na, that would definitly back-fire. bush will claim it would be all communist propaganda, rant on for a couple hours during which he will mention the words "Axis of Evil", "WMD", "Evil-Doers", "harboring", "terrorists", and "liberate". he will than close by saying that he is doing the right thing because god told him so. tounge_o.gif best thing to do would be to endorse Kerry and put of funny pictures of bush caught doing something stupid (like falling off a Bike).

Quote[/b] ]and put of funny pictures of bush caught doing something stupid (like falling off a Bike)

Kerry also fell off a bike. But the reporters riding with him didn't report it as cheerfully as they reported Bush's spill.

Hi all

It would be rather amusing if it were not so serious but this year George Bush Jnr. is the winner of the ANNUAL WORLD STUPIDITY AWARDSâ„¢

Last years winner was Commical Ali due to his Iraq antics where he said things that were laughably not true.

The similarity is obvious  biggrin_o.gif

http://www.stupidityawards.com/

Kind Regards Walker

http://kerryoniraq.com/

Short doc. on Kerry on Iraq and free!!!!....

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/080304v1.wmv

My God.... It is just Kerry talking on various television shows over the years... (pre-Bush jnr. and now)

C'mon Billybob2002, stop spamming.  If you've got something intelligent to say then say it.  Comments like "my God" don't really qualify.

http://kerryoniraq.com/

Short doc. on Kerry on Iraq and free!!!!....

http://media1.streamtoyou.com/rnc/080304v1.wmv

My God.... It is just Kerry talking on various television shows over the years... (pre-Bush jnr. and now)

C'mon Billybob2002, stop spamming. If you've got something intelligent to say then say it. Comments like "my God" don't really qualify.

What do you mean? I think that is a pretty good argument against Kerry. rock.gif

Of course there were videos which featured Bush denouncing the idea of attacking other countries in 2000 but the point remains, Kerry did flip-flop without giving a good excuse.

...but the point remains, Kerry did flip-flop without giving a good excuse.

It does?  rock.gif

Please show me where Billybob2002's words say anything about flip-flopping.  There's a reason he doesn't state his opinions more directly.  You see, as soon as someone posts a successful argument against Kerry flip-flopping then Billybob2002 will conveniently respond with, "I never said he did."

I'll wait until he finds the courage to state his argument more openly before I invest any energy composing a counter argument.

Hi all

With serious questions about the mental fitness of republican candidate for the job of elected President this November. I think it is time to examine George Bush Jnr's alcoholism.

As we all know George Bush Jnr. has a severe alcohol problem. He even has a criminal record for DUI. He himself admits that he did a lot of "heavy drinking" in 1986. Recently he has exhibited a serious lack of impulse control and more 'bushisms'. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn....riefing

On July 8th he stormed out of press conference where he was asked about his links to indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

070804bushwalkoff_001.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Washington, June 28 (ANI): US President George Bush is said to have gone crazy, at times going over the edge in cursing the media and liberal critics while calling them "enemies of the state", the Daily Times quoted an online publication "Capital Hill Blue" as saying Monday.

Bush has become increasingly unpredictable and erratic, the report said.

"In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as 'enemies of the state'," it added.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040628/139/2enup.html

This has lead to increasing speculation about whether George Bush Jnr. has had an alcoholic relapse or is suffering from what Alcoholics Anonymous call being a 'Dry Drunk'

Quote[/b] ]Dry drunk is a slang term used by members and supporters of Alcoholics Anonymous and substance abuse counselors to describe the recovering alcoholic who is no longer drinking, one who is dry, but whose thinking is clouded. Such an individual is said to be dry but not truly sober. Such an individual tends to go to extremes.

It was when I started noticing the extreme language that colored President Bush's speeches that I began to wonder. First there were the terms-- "crusade" and "infinite justice" that were later withdrawn. Next came "evil doers," "axis of evil," and "regime change", terms that have almost become clichés in the mass media. Something about the polarized thinking and the obsessive repetition reminded me of many of the recovering alcoholics/addicts I had treated. (A point worth noting is that because of the connection between addiction and "stinking thinking," relapse prevention usually consists of work in the cognitive area). Having worked with recovering alcoholics for years, I flinched at the single-mindedness and ego- and ethnocentricity in the President's speeches. (My husband likened his phraseology to the gardener character played by Peter Sellers in the movie, Being There). Since words are the tools, the representations, of thought, I wondered what Bush's choice of words said about where he was coming from. Or where we would be going.

First, in this essay, we will look at the characteristics of the so-called "dry drunk;" then we will see if they apply to this individual, our president; and then we will review his drinking history for the record. What is the dry drunk syndrome? "Dry drunk" traits consist of:

Exaggerated self-importance and pomposity

Grandiose behavior

A rigid, judgmental outlook

Impatience

Childish behavior

Irresponsible behavior

Irrational rationalization

Projection

Overreaction

http://www.counterpunch.org/wormer1011.html

Lately George Bush Jnr. has been spending a lot of time with Attorney General John Ashcroft to such an extent that West Wing staffers call Bush and Ashcroft “the Blues Brothers†because “they’re on a mission from God.â€

http://www.counterpunch.org/nimmo06052004.html

Many White House aides are concerned about the George Bush Jnr's  mental stability and are comparing the last days of the Bush period in the White House to the last days of Richard Nixon another with a famous alcohol problem so much so that it is rumoured the Nuclear Football was removed from him toward the end when he staggered around threatening to nuke everyone.

Worried Walker

Wow, that's pretty freaky. I guess now the Democrats know how to get to Bushie.

Joltan what your talking about is at least as dangerous as no orders coming from the commander in chief and in any case is a result of the power vacuum from the George Bush Jnr. suffering 'combat freeze'.

You don't need the president for law-enforcement agencies to take action against criminals, and: the president has a vice-president, who can legally give orders in his name if the president is unable to do so himself.

There's nothing about treason or 'ursurping the chain of command'. It's all about fail-safes to keep the government working whatever happens. Wether bush froze for 11 minutes (or longer) doesn't matter, whatever you try to make of it. He was never in danger, he would not have been able to change a thing (due to other problems in the chain of command that made Cheney's 'shoot down' order take too long to reach the pilots).

You make Bush the main problem, only he isn't. It's his whole administration (of course including himself).

...the president has a vice-president, who can legally give orders in his name if the president is unable to do so himself.

If he's unable to do so himself then why let him be president in the first place? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please show me where Billybob2002's words say anything about flip-flopping. There's a reason he doesn't state his opinions more directly. You see, as soon as someone posts a successful argument against Kerry flip-flopping then Billybob2002 will conveniently respond with, "I never said he did."

The video speaks for it self on the issue of the flip-flopping...

Joltan what your talking about is at least as dangerous as no orders coming from the commander in chief and in any case is a result of the power vacuum from the George Bush Jnr. suffering 'combat freeze'.

You don't need the president for law-enforcement agencies to take action against criminals, and: the president has a vice-president, who can legally give orders in his name if the president is unable to do so himself.

There's nothing about treason or 'ursurping the chain of command'. It's all about fail-safes to keep the government working whatever happens. Wether bush froze for 11 minutes (or longer) doesn't matter, whatever you try to make of it. He was never in danger, he would not have been able to change a thing (due to other problems in the chain of command that made Cheney's 'shoot down' order take too long to reach the pilots).

You make Bush the main problem, only he isn't. It's his whole administration (of course including himself).

Hi Joltan

Quote[/b] ]Running from the president to the secretary of defense to the commander of the combatant command, the chain of command for the United States military is spelled out by the Goldwater-Nichols Department of Defense Reorganization Act of 1986. The secretaries of the military departments assign all forces under their jurisdiction to the unified and specific combatant commands to perform missions assigned by those commands

http://airforceots.com/portal....sid=119

The Vice President is not in the US Chain of Command.

The Vice President's only influence on the US chain of Command comes in an advisory role as a member of the National Security Council which is a forum of different departments of government that may have advice for the Commander in Chief on defense issues. All repeat ALL defense decisions are executive decisions and are made by the commander in chief.

The only way Vice President gets to give orders is if the president is dead, recused or incapacitated. The Vice President is then sworn in as President.

You may be thinking about the continuity of operations plan which has to be enacted by a president at times of emergency. These are highly classified but as I say they have to be enacted by Presedential decree they dont normaly exist until there is a threat and they have to be maintained by annual decree. No such decree was in operation on 9/11 although one was decreed after 9/11. The Bush Administration officially admitted the implementation of the plan on March 1, 2002.

http://www.fact-index.com/c/co/continuity_of_operations_plan.html

Also you seem to misaprehend the concept of what a chain of command is. Orders all orders come from the top. That is what the whole concept is. It is a hierarchical system with a commander in chief at the top. That is what he does he commands.

Does not the fact that everyone is refusing to admit Cheney gave orders tell you anything?

The only person who can command the US millitary to action is the Commander in Chief nobody else.

What we saw on 9/11 was the obvious failure of command in that the commander in chief was psychologically uable to use the command sections of his brain due to 'combat freeze' and being thus not able to act.  This then lead to a power vacuum in which it apears one or two people further down the chain of command or as you argue actualy outside that chain of command gave unlawful orders that are covered under the laws pertaining to treason.

Kind Regards Walker

...but the point remains, Kerry did flip-flop without giving a good excuse.

It does? rock.gif

Please show me where Billybob2002's words say anything about flip-flopping. There's a reason he doesn't state his opinions more directly. You see, as soon as someone posts a successful argument against Kerry flip-flopping then Billybob2002 will conveniently respond with, "I never said he did."

I'll wait until he finds the courage to state his argument more openly before I invest any energy composing a counter argument.

A-freakin-men, it's kinda sad someone can just be spoon-fed stuff just because they belong to that politcal party. And no one on this board can argue against Bush's inability to make decisions that can lead to the loss of life(Bush thinking="hmmm should I continue reading this childrens book or act like a president try to get a hold on the current situation..I'll continue reading..don't wanna scare the kids..") yeah this is the guy that should lead American..NOT crazy_o.gif

If its not called Bush then i want it to win. QED.

Quote[/b] ]A-freakin-men, it's kinda sad someone can just be spoon-fed stuff just because they belong to that politcal party.

I'm not a republican!!!!!  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I have said plenty of times that Kerry does flip-flop and that video proves it.

who gives a damn if kerry "flip-flops" (whata stupid term btw. my advice to TBA, get hooked on phonix) i'd rather have somebody running this country who will see that something they did may not been as good of a idea as previously seemed and makes a change rather than some retard who doesn't and keeps making the same moronic mistakes over and over because of it.

Hi all

This flip flop theory is completly mad.

According to flip flop theory you have no freedom of thought, every decision you make is irevocable.

You can not decide to swerve round a stationary car in the road you were driving straight down because that would be flip floping.

The world must still be flat because all of us finding out it was round would be flip floping.

Russia cannot stop being communist because that would be flip floping.

Get a life.

Flip Floping is what everyone with a brain does all the time it is called thinking.

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]who gives a damn if kerry "flip-flops" (whata stupid term btw. my advice to TBA, get hooked on phonix) i'd rather have somebody running this country who will see that something they did that may not been as good of a idea as previously seemed and makes a change rather than some retard who doesn't and keeps making the same moronic mistakes over and over because of it.

But, he keeps changing over the years.

Quote[/b] ]Hi all

This flip flop theory is completly mad.

According to flip flop theory you have no freedom of thought, every decision you make is irevocable.

You can not decide to swerve round a stationary car in the road you were driving straight down because that would be flip floping.

The world must still be flat because all of us finding out it was round would be flip floping.

Russia cannot stop being communist because that would be flip floping.

Get a life.

Flip Floping is what everyone with a brain does all the time it is called thinking.

Kind Regards Walker

We are talking about John F. Kerry who cannot make up his mind on whether or not Iraq was a threat or not. Stop trying to make excuses for him. His position(s) on Iraq even pre-dates Bush Jnr. presidency.