Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

Damn, that reador is so fast he has posted all the links and stuff while I'm checking my posts (in the Mapfact-forum) for spelling mistakes. biggrin_o.gif

@ Everybody who read the thread in the Mapfact-forum:

If you've bug-reports please post them in the Mapfact-forum for better overview...thanks!

/edit: And if you think I'm getting money from Mapfact because I mention them in every sentence...it's not true! wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

Dude that's awesome!

Time to go order sledu around to make more ctis in anticipation of release, lol.

/edit: And if you think I'm getting money from Mapfact because I mention them in every sentence...it's not true! wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

i'm not getting money for mentioning plage always and everywhere, too wink_o.gif

there's a remake of nogova in the works of T.S.C. Plage (the guy who made this photo

Awsome! Can't hardly wait!

Just remember, to avoid any legal trouble with BIS, make sure it can only be played in Resistance (V1.75 +)

;)

Will you be using any other custom objects in the island, like Agent Smith's addon or the Operation Farmland addon?

The M-8's look great. I am really hanging out for them...

Just a few requests...

Can you write a good long AI engagement distance into the weapon?

Since the production versions will be 6.8mm (or is it 6.5mm?) you could raise their damage a bit compared to 5.56 rifles.

Looking forward to it!

smile_o.gif

Will you be using any other custom objects in the island, like Agent Smith's addon or the Operation Farmland addon?

No, only Mapfact-stuff.

Greetz

Plage

Any chance Mapfact is going to make some European style buildings so you could replace BIS ones on Nogova too?

Since the production versions will be 6.8mm (or is it 6.5mm?) you could raise their damage a bit compared to 5.56 rifles.

are you sure? we thought 556 so far...

/edit: here. it's 556.

The 6.8mm version is in development, it hasn't actually been adopted by anyone yet. All current production models slated for the 3rd ID and 101st Airborne are the 5.56mm variants.

6.8mm, I think, was specially designed for SF-types.

How will the names be? I have always wanted a more detailed Nogova but with the same town names et cetera.

It's looking really great, I espcically love the airport! It actually looks like Bromma airport in Sweden, minus the fact that this one is in the middle of a small desert and the Bromma airport is in the outskirts of Stockholm. Great job!

Hey guys, seeing that you're after HK's futuristic stuff, may I make one request: The CAW - Close Assault Weapon. Pleeease. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'm also looking forward to your updated Nogova. Any idea of ETA? (If "when it's done", just ignore this question wink_o.gif )

@ quicKsanD:

Sorry man, I don't think that'll happen...simply because there are no new objects planned so far (as I know...and I don't know much of the internal stuff). wink_o.gif

@ GoOB:

The names will be the same like on the original Nogava. Only a "Nogova Airport", "Mine Ltd." and "Mine" will be added (so far).

It's nice to hear that's it's looking quite a bit realistic (like a real airport).

@ Landwarrior87:

I'm not sure...I right began to think about builiding one base. I'm waiting what other people think about that. If the majority wants one...how could I say no. wink_o.gif

Greetz

Plage

@Plage

Screenshots of your work are fantastic, but you should use the bigger aircraft hangars(with animated doors) and the power plannt and all the stuff by Agent Smith!

Those are "must have" on islands!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I hope everybody has seen the news on the XM8?

The picture was posted before, but I've seen noone who even posted something about the news that was going with it.

Although my german is limited I was able to understand most of the features. Check this out (and don't tell me you're not impressed);

Quote[/b] ]- der eingelegte Magazintyp ist am Waffenmodel auch zu sehen.

- alle Waffen mit demselben Mündungstyp wie das Baseline Carbine sind Mörserfähig.

- Nach dem das Magazin leer gefeuert wurde, erscheint ein leeres Magazin auf dem Boden vor dem Spieler.

- Die Waffe ist mit verschiedenen Magazintypen unterschiedlich schwer. Dadurch kann man z.B. die Snipervariante mit einem Beta-C-Magazin (100 Schuss) nicht so ruhig halten, wie ein leichteres 10er Magazin.

- Beim Schuss öffnet sich der Patronenauswurf kurzzeitig.

- In der Nacht feuert jede Waffe (außer Scharfschützen- und Schalldämpferversion) mit Leuchtspur. Das heißt, mit einem 30er Magazin wird jede dritte Kugel und mit einem 100er jede fünfte mit Leuchtspur abgefeuert.

this can be translated into this;

Quote[/b] ]

...???...

-the loaded magazine can be seen on the model (load a c-mag you see a c-mag, load a 30rnd mag see a 30rnd mag). (me: Nothing new here, but nice)

-rock.gif

-when you empty a mag, an empty mag will drop in front of the player (as if you dropped the empty mag)

-something about weight, I think. When you load a weapon with a c-mag (for example), the weapon will not be as easy to handle as with a 30rnd mag because the weapon is heavier (which I think in-gamge means you can't move weapon as quickly as with a 30rnd mag)

-the ejectionport opens shortly after each shot

-at night the weapons have tracers. Realistic this time; on a 30rnd mag every 3rd round is a tracer and in the c-mag every 5th round is a tracer, as in the real-life variants (most of them at least)

...???...

sounds good to me smile_o.gif

omg omg omg! wow_o.gif Mapfact you make some very realistic and awesome stuff, I hope we can taste a beta or final version of the nogova remake island soon tounge_o.gif it got me jumping up & down now... The airport looks very realistic like someone mentioned in the topic earlier and i would vote for adding 1 or 2 bases or maybe even an extra harbour somewhere that has agent smiths harbour cranes, maybe a few containers or you can add them yourself , but the important thing with the harbour is that it should be of the much larger kind than the small bis harbour on nogova so that it can supoort larger transport ships smile_o.gif oh and about the airport also you could put 1 or 2 or 3 of the ags hangars with animated doors. well that was some of my idea's

I hope everybody has seen the news on the XM8?

The picture was posted before, but I've seen noone who even posted something about the news that was going with it.

Although my german is limited I was able to understand most of the features. Check this out (and don't tell me you're not impressed);

Quote[/b] ]- der eingelegte Magazintyp ist am Waffenmodel auch zu sehen.

- alle Waffen mit demselben Mündungstyp wie das Baseline Carbine sind Mörserfähig.

- Nach dem das Magazin leer gefeuert wurde, erscheint ein leeres Magazin auf dem Boden vor dem Spieler.

- Die Waffe ist mit verschiedenen Magazintypen unterschiedlich schwer. Dadurch kann man z.B. die Snipervariante mit einem Beta-C-Magazin (100 Schuss) nicht so ruhig halten, wie ein leichteres 10er Magazin.

- Beim Schuss öffnet sich der Patronenauswurf kurzzeitig.

- In der Nacht feuert jede Waffe (außer Scharfschützen- und Schalldämpferversion) mit Leuchtspur. Das heißt, mit einem 30er Magazin wird jede dritte Kugel und mit einem 100er jede fünfte mit Leuchtspur abgefeuert.

this can be translated into this;

Quote[/b] ]

...???...

-the loaded magazine can be seen on the model (load a c-mag you see a c-mag, load a 30rnd mag see a 30rnd mag). (me: Nothing new here, but nice)

-rock.gif

-when you empty a mag, an empty mag will drop in front of the player (as if you dropped the empty mag)

-something about weight, I think. When you load a weapon with a c-mag (for example), the weapon will not be as easy to handle as with a 30rnd mag because the weapon is heavier (which I think in-gamge means you can't move weapon as quickly as with a 30rnd mag)

-the ejectionport opens shortly after each shot

-at night the weapons have tracers. Realistic this time; on a 30rnd mag every 3rd round is a tracer and in the c-mag every 5th round is a tracer, as in the real-life variants (most of them at least)

...???...

sounds good to me smile_o.gif

you're right in most points. this is the "rock.gif" one:

-all weapons with the muzzle of the baseline carbine version can fire mortars

@commando84: right now it is not an official mapfact addon. i hope it becomes one, soon.

@Plage

Screenshots of your work are fantastic, but you should use the bigger aircraft hangars(with animated doors) and the power plannt and all the stuff by Agent Smith!

Those are "must have" on islands!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Call me biased  tounge_o.gif but I agree.

Actually, this reminded me to update hangar doors texture:

hangar-new.jpg

Guys you're killin' me! biggrin_o.gif

@ ag_smith:

I really appreciate your awesome work with all the buildings and objects but I won't use them on this island because it's simply a (or better the) Mapfact-island and I don't want to use addons which aren't made by Mapfact. Sorry, but that was the first rule for this project I put up for myself.

I already have some other ideas for a project and in this one I'll use all your addons that fit in.

Work in progress pics...

bridge_fixed.jpg

Reworked bridge...now 100%ly on the same height

petrovice_01.jpg

Current status of Petrovice

Greetz

Plage

Guys you're killin' me! biggrin_o.gif

@ ag_smith:

I really appreciate your awesome work with all the buildings and objects but I won't use them on this island because it's simply a (or better the) Mapfact-island and I don't want to use addons which aren't made by Mapfact. Sorry, but that was the first rule for this project I put up for myself.

I already have some other ideas for a project and in this one I'll use all your addons that fit in.

Understood. smile_o.gif

we poudly present a very old and nearly forgotten work of MP Studio. he left our team and the ofp community as an active player and modder some months ago. but we found his UZI and decided to release it for you.

MicroUzi1.jpg

d/l