Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Concurrent mods

I am wondering which Mods people are able to run at the same time. Has anybody been abel to get FDF, CSLA, MTCO, ECP and COC UA working together?

Should I not be using kegety's Mod launcher?

MTCO and ECP work fine together, theres even a "special" version of mtco units at opfec page available to dload, about the other mods u mentioned i havent tried mixing them..yet

I don't think FDF, CSLA or ECP will work together since the menus come into conflict with each other. mad_o.gif

But I suppose you could take all the units from FDF, CSLA, etc... and just put them into your addon folder.

FDF and ECP don't work together.

But I have never had any problems running ECP with CoC UA.

Moving to A&M:D, general should only be used for discussions about Opf out of the box.

Well i know that CSLA and FDF both use RHS's T72 hence RHS must be co-oping with FDF and CSLA which I suppose it good because it stops us from having 4 different types of t72s.

There are many reasons why it will be impossible to mix some of these mods. The main one is the config file....the main large one. This is where a lot of alterations get done...and where a lot of conflicts would occur. That's just one reason, but there are many more.

I think that although the idea of mixing these mods together might sound easy in theory, the reality is it would be an enormous job (especially if you are talking about CLSA with FDF). Can't see anyone willing to sit down and spend the 328429374 hours needed, let alone if the two mods agreed to it.

$0.02 has been deposited in your account. smile_o.gif

Many of these mods would be better off if the men and vehicles were created in seperate pbo's so it would not require the full addon to use one or two vehicles in a non-FDF or Non-CSLA mission.  I was looking forward to making missions with some of the new CSLA vehicles, but unless they or someone releases individual pbo's, it won't happen.  I'll have to stick with Vit's (DKM) APCs.

Run the latest ECP with DR and MTCO addon from the ECP website. No problems and they actually got me playing this game again after a hiatus over to AA. I enjoy both but I still rank OFP as #1 game out there since 2000. Nothing has dethroned it yet in my mind.

I can tell you UA and ECP certainly work well together... well as mentioned already. (Includes ECP-DR)

I can tell you UA and ECP certainly work well together...  well as mentioned already.  (Includes ECP-DR)

bn880 m8 the CoC torpedoes is bugging when using ECP sad_o.gif

Are you guys from CoC aware of this bug rock.gif

No.

At least FDF, CSLA2 and ECP cannot be combined in any way.

Quote[/b] ]

Many of these mods would be better off if the men and vehicles were created in seperate pbo's so it would not require the full addon to use one or two vehicles in a non-FDF or Non-CSLA mission. I was looking forward to making missions with some of the new CSLA vehicles, but unless they or someone releases individual pbo's, it won't happen. I'll have to stick with Vit's (DKM) APCs.

Clusterfuck ahoy.

I can tell you UA and ECP certainly work well together... well as mentioned already. (Includes ECP-DR)

We are aware of the conflict. smile_o.gif

I can tell you UA and ECP certainly work well together...  well as mentioned already.  (Includes ECP-DR)

We are aware of the conflict.  smile_o.gif

good to hear you guys know about the problem.

You guys working on a fix rock.gif

Nightstalker, TOW, CMZ and Colonial Wars are all close partners. smile_o.gif

Well, ill be damned. tounge_o.gif

Wonder how does it work in practice though, especially in MP.

If I'm not mistaken, INQ made individual configs for the CSLA units so he could use them with fdf and such, out of the box just using the -mod=, no CSLAII and FDF cannot be combined.

So Are you guys saying that if i put all the CSLA addons in the FDF MOD addon folder I will be able to use them, but not have the CSLA menu and special effects? Fine by me. Will the CSLA campaign still work?

Thanks for all you responses to this post!

INQ: Yeah its the FDFMOD CV-9030 that I miss the most when using CSLA! I love that wagon...

ive did that aswell writing knew configs just involes alot of copy and paste, i did it for the fdf and csla tanks and aircraft so all i have to do is decide what menu i prefer  tounge_o.gif

CSLA addons (PBOs) don't have their own configs. There are only models, textures and scripts.

All units are defined in central config. If you want combine FDF and CSLA units you must made new config!

Another THEORETICAL way how to using more MODs together is make some standard in system of definitions:

- in central config will be defined only base classes with same names as original BIS classes

- in addons PBOs will be units class derived from base classes in central config...