Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Vote your most popular moderator in the year 2002!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Jan. 04 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>Moderation From Moderators!</span></span><span id='postcolor'>

mod.jpgwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I regret the day Ralph went from being participant to moderator.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, and I thought I was the only one. He keeps screwing with my member title, and he's more lock happy than Denoir.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Assault for president!<span id='postcolor'>

I'm touched Darklight, I'm truly touched.  tounge.gif

I will also agree with:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>Moderation From Moderators!</span></span><span id='postcolor'>

none i dont kiss ass and secondly most of them are the most illogical and incompetent mods i`ve ever encountered on the internet confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 04 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I regret the day Ralph went from being participant to moderator.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, and I thought I was the only one. He keeps screwing with my member title, and he's more lock happy than Denoir.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, I shouldn't be ungrateful.

If it weren't for Ralph, I would never have passed the 6000 post mark.........................

.................... twice. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 04 2003,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I regret the day Ralph went from being participant to moderator.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, and I thought I was the only one. He keeps screwing with my member title, and he's more lock happy than Denoir.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, that's enough. If you have a problem with a moderators action, PM him.

You can see here the prime example why we have that rule. As soon as moderation issues are discussed there is always the same people that go after the moderators, throwing venomous insults around.

As a moderator you often step on people's toes when you close a thread they like or give them a warning about spamming/flaming. The absolute majority of the members are remarkably tolerant and understand not to take it personally. Unfortunately there is a small minority that have anti authoritarian tendencies and become very bitter. They use every opportunity they get to attack the mods.

While we are aware of that this is indeed a minority, it is still quite insulting and hurting considering the time each and every one of us puts down on keeping this place free from racists, flamers spammers etc. Do you really think it is fun moving threads back and forth? Do you think it is enjoyable reading every bloody post that is made on these forums? No! We do it however out of love and respect for the community.

If you want to know how the forums would look without moderators look at the thread wobble posted and imagine that every thread looks like that. Or even better, go back in forum history one year and take a look for yourself.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 04 2003,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">none i dont kiss ass and secondly most of them are the most illogical and incompetent mods i`ve ever encountered on the internet confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Will you relax a little? You can vote for someone and not post who you voted for. So I doubt anyone is going to bother and see whos ass you think you are kissing.

Seeing posts like this is really frustrating. You know moderators are not hired for money, and do you know it is actually time consuming to moderate? Why should we not recognize them for their work? It also gives them feedback.

You think the power is greater than the hassle, but I think in the long run it takes a lot out of you to be a mod constantly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seeing posts like this is really frustrating. You know moderators are not hired for money, and do you know it is actually time consuming to moderate?<span id='postcolor'>

and?,so?

I`ve heard that argument many times before in a number of situations and its not an excuse from the points made.

I could start taking potshots now before this reachees a conclusion ,like the way placebo had an odd fascination with search engines or maybe how the thread about the AC30 gunship gets closed here yet in other leading GSPs forums over here similiar threads were left to run its course without being locked.

Talking about threads being locked if a thread has run its course and an interesting subject seems to be popping up then how about some common sense and either leave it,tell ppl to start a new thread etc closing them stops ppl talking about the original subject more than someone changing the subject or maybe these forums are running out of space and repeated closing is the only way to stop them breaking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While we are aware of that this is indeed a minority<span id='postcolor'>

Probably becuase anyone with an opinion was either banned or left confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 04 2003,13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seeing posts like this is really frustrating. You know moderators are not hired for money, and do you know it is actually time consuming to moderate?<span id='postcolor'>

and?,so?<span id='postcolor'>

And so what you decided not to quote right after

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why should we not recognize them for their work? It also gives them feedback.<span id='postcolor'>

As I said, that's enough. Renegade, this is a private board. The rules are set by BIS and enforced by the moderators. If you don't like the rules, nobody is forcing you to visit these forums.

Now, end of discussion. If you have any specific issues or questions about moderation send me or another mod a PM.

I voted for Hilly cos he's all cuddly and lovely smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 04 2003,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted for Hilly cos he's all cuddly and lovely smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

or is it because you placed a mine near APC but he didn't make too much deal about it? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Jan. 03 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or maybe how the thread about the AC30 gunship gets closed here yet in other leading GSPs forums over here  similiar threads were left to run its course without being locked.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about the C130 movie? cuz it was more than right that that thread was closed...

By the way, there's no need to act so serious, we all like to tease the mods, and they love to do the same to us (damn names smile.gif ). Calm down, there's no reason to start getting angry...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 04 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or is it because you placed a mine near APC but he didn't make too much deal about it? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was a tank dammit, a tank wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 03 2003,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Jan. 04 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or is it because you placed a mine near APC but he didn't make too much deal about it? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It was a tank dammit, a tank wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Am i supposed to understand this?

Only if you'd paid attention and read every single post I'd ever posted with reference to playing Opf online with Hilly smile.gif

Hey placebo long time no see biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 03 2003,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only if you'd paid attention and read every single post I'd ever posted with reference to playing Opf online with Hilly smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, can't say that i'm THAT fascinated by you biggrin.gif

Howdy smile.gif

Now please don't turn this thread into a private converstion or I'll have to post restrict myself as well as you wink.gif

Greetings between members/mods belong in PM's smile.gif

I always say i have to read all the posts before i have the right to post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, that's enough. If you have a problem with a moderators action, PM him.

You can see here the prime example why we have that rule. <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, to stonewall any complaints.

Denoir, I was going to PM you, but I feel that other people need to see this. This is a forum open to debate, so why not debate?

I have had maybe one thread closed, I PM'ed Placebo about it, and it was re-opened. Problem solved. I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I agree with what you said about the forums a year ago, and how they did get better with moderators, but things have gotten worse since then. Topics that would have been allowed to remain open a few months ago are now locked by the same moderators. I really don't understand why.

BIS was never concerned about these forums a year ago, mods were intoduced from OFPN and things got better, now things are getting more restrictive. There are more mods and more rules. Why the sudden intrest from BIS (re: Suma)?

You think that we are a small minority, I can tell you that we are not. We are not hostile towards any mods here, just tired of the new excessive rules. I have been PM'ed and e-mailed by plenty of members that are concerned about the new 'moderation'. We would just like to see things the way they were before now.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 05 2003,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, that's enough. If you have a problem with a moderators action, PM him.

You can see here the prime example why we have that rule. <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, to stonewall any complaints.

Denoir, I was going to PM you, but I feel that other people need to see this. This is a forum open to debate, so why not debate?

I have had maybe one thread closed, I PM'ed Placebo about it, and it was re-opened. Problem solved. I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I agree with what you said about the forums a year ago, and how they did get better with moderators, but things have gotten worse since then. Topics that would have been allowed to remain open a few months ago are now locked by the same moderators. I really don't understand why.<span id='postcolor'>

Not about how the forum is moderated. This is not a democracy. In a perfect world it would perhaps be, but this is an internet forum.

Not only is it an internet forum, it is an Operation Flashpoint internet forum. The Offtopic section is provided as a courtesy to the members but is not a necessity. If it becomes more of a hassle then it gives, then it will be removed. I would hate for this to happen, since I have really enjoyed posting and debating in OT. But be aware that it is a luxury, a priviledge, not a right. Fortunately most of our members are beyond all praise when it comes to maturity, respect towards other members and the dedication to the community. There are always bad apples but they sooner or later get banned or leave the forums.

As for the rest of the board what we mods have done is increased the member's freedom by introducing new forums. We have organized members to write documentation for oxygen and related tools. We have structured and organized so that it should be easier to find information.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS was never concerned about these forums a year ago, mods were intoduced from OFPN and things got better, now things are getting more restrictive. There are more mods and more rules. Why the sudden intrest from BIS (re: Suma)?<span id='postcolor'>

BIS (i.e Suma) got involved after seeing that the OT forum was wasting valuable bandwith on irrelevant topics. According to his directives we proceeded with more strict rules and requirements for posting in OT.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You think that we are a small minority, I can tell you that we are not. We are not hostile towards any mods here, just tired of the new excessive rules. I have been PM'ed and e-mailed by plenty of members that are concerned about the new 'moderation'. We would just like to see things the way they were before now.

<span id='postcolor'>

As I said, the forum rules are not up for debate. If you wish to discuss this further send me a PM. Any future posting on this subject will result in a temp ban for you since it is a direct violation of forum rules (which I encourage you to read).

Sorry people I am kind of late with my message but untill this afternoon I was busy organising sponsors. Maybe you were asking yourself what this poll is for. Well Codemasters had such an success with this forum that they wanted to thank its loyal members and arranged this contest to distribute little presents. So here we are.

Frist price for the best moderator:

A seven days trip with this luxurious sealiner from Ethopian Sealines with Full-board and free access to all its leisure and entertainment facilities.

wrack.640x480.jpg

Maybe someone else can present the prices for the other polls