Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Designated marksman system pack

Over at http://sjb.ofpr.com/dms2/ SJB has released the public BETA of the largely secretive addon that I have been working on for the past few weeks - Designated Marksman System (or DMS) Rifles.

The original DMS pack by SJB started over a year ago, and was released as part of the Lost Brothers Mod and then only consisted of the M16A2-E3. It was soon afterwards scrapped when the Lost Brothers (LoBo) mod seemed to vanish after Vipersheart (leader of the mod), joined the armed forces. Since LoBo's revival a few months ago, I, Jackal326, decided to continue my work on this pack, and have added 3 new weapons to it - versions I intended to add to the update of the first version, but never got around to.

The addon contains 4 weapons, each with a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG Day Optic. They are:

- M16A2-E3,

- CAR-15/Colt Commando,

- M4 (fixed carrying handle),

- M4A1 (with flat top receiver).

The units carrying the weapons can be found under:

WEST > SJB - Weapons

Now I know there will be people complaining about more M16/M4 rifles, but these are variations that haven't been done before, that I felt like releasing. If you dont want more M4/M16 variations, then dont download them, simple as that.

Anyway, its a public BETA, so dont forget to post feedback/CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

SJB_M16A2_E3_DMS_ingame3_tn.jpg

Not DL'ed jet, but I thought the CAR15 had a shorter barrel than the M4. THe two now like almost the same. THe CAR15 (vietnam era) has a really short barrel and a large flash hider.

It would be very nice if you could include an M14DMR (with HOLO sight and/or ACOG). You already have a model of the m14, so it shouldn't be a prob.

Pack looks nice DL'ing now.

Damn, this is some nice work here Jackal. I particularly like the inclusion of data concerning the real-life weapons, very useful, if people read it they'll realize that the remake of the M-16A2 and M-4 wasn't pointless.

AK

...I thought the CAR15 had a shorter barrel than the M4. THe two now like almost the same. THe CAR15 (vietnam era) has a really short barrel and a large flash hider...

Well, the following images are what I used for my source of the CAR-15.

car15_1_Isayeret.com.gif

car15_2_Isayeret.com.gif

Both images courtesy of isayeret.com

Although, they are modified by the IDF etc, so perhaps that is the source of the differences.

The israeli car-15 is actually an amalgam of the upper reciever of the car-15 with the lower of another colt variant (forget right now which one). Its all on Isayeret.com, which has, IMO, the most comprehensive explanations of the differences between the colt variants.

Your work looks great BTW, downloading now.

ok, than. I see you did your homework. I already thought the one in your pack was israeli and not the vietnam-era one which I meant. No prob with it now.

The only things about the pack in my opinion:

-muzzle flash needs "flames" at the bottum too. As for as I know the muzzlebreak has holes all around.

-M16 may be scaled too large compared to the (correctly scaled) m4/car15

[edit]

-note that the CAR15 DMR should not have a "Cut" in the barrel. This is only on the heavy barrel. The barrel is simply a straight tube without thicker part.

Cool very nice! I'm glad you resurrected the project and finished up the other DMS rifles. I had actually fixed up your old version, but my Oxygen skills weren't good enough to make a M4 version unfortunately.

So overall I'm really happy to see them!

One question though... is the ACOG scope supposed to zoom that much?? I had thought it was a fixed zoom weapons sight.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod team

*Another Britney moment* Oops! I did it again...

Like I said its only a BETA, there will be bugs....although I hoped they wouldn't be as blatantly obvious as that. I'll sort it, sont worry wink_o.gif

The israeli car-15 is actually an amalgam of the upper reciever of the car-15 with the lower of another colt variant (forget right now which one).  Its all on Isayeret.com, which has, IMO, the most comprehensive explanations of the differences between the colt variants.

Your work looks great BTW, downloading now.

As I read, partially true. The unique variant is formed by combining a Colt M-4A1 top and a Car-15 lower half.

Quote[/b] ]An IDF unique weapon - M4A1 upper fitted on a CAR15 lower. The weapon in the photo is fitted with a Trijicon ACOG Reflex sight.

car.jpg

SJB_M16A2_E3_DMS_ingame3_tn.jpg

i dont think that the M16 has a bipod. i think that you were tryin to go for the SPR (Special Purpose Rifle)?

dev2_1024.jpg

i could be wrong thou

Pappy, the DMS does have a bipod.   A Harris bipod if I'm not mistaken.   Actually you can mount a Harris bipod on any M16 you want.  Even in the U.S. Army they have these little siimple clip-on bipods that a few units use sometimes.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

nice. are these weapons based on the new models you were going to use for your SRT pack? them rifles look nicely scaled this time wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/car.jpg

An IDF unique weapon - M4A1 upper fitted on a CAR15 lower. The weapon in the photo is fitted with a Trijicon ACOG Reflex sight.

Its just a normal M4A1. Look at the barrel , You can easily tell it by just looking at the 'fat' barrel. CAR15s have either really short barrels with long flash hiders or just M16A1 barrels.

*drool* Although the SPR is a dedicated SF sniperrifle and NOT a DMR, I would like to see it in the pack anyway. The SPR is just really, really cool. But the Knight's Stoner SR-25 Mk 11 Mod 0 sniper rifle would also be nice:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/KMC_MKII_MOD0.jpg

)http://quarterbore.com/images/kacsr25-5.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Mk11 MOD 0 is a military designation originally applied by the United States Navy for a sniper support weapon system based on the SR-25 and originally deployed by the SEALs. The Mk11 MOD 0 includes a 20" (508mm) cold hammer-forged free-floating target barrel, Knight's Rail Adapter System (RAS) consisting of four Picattinny rails for mounting various devices, flip-up front and rear detachable iron sights, Harris swiveling bipod, a Leupold 3.5-10x40mm variable power scope with mil-dot reticle, heavy duty scope mounts and a Knight's SR-25 Quick Detach sound suppressor offering -28dB of noise reduction. This rifle is also guaranteed to shoot 1 MOA but many shoot far better than that.

The Mk 11 mod 0 has the Knight RAS system handguard;

http://quarterbore.com/images/kac_ff_ras_family.jpg

(example pic of RAS systems. Not the ones used on the SR-25)

I've rescaled the M16A2, and have adapted the ACOG optic, so it is fixed at x4 zoom, as it is supposed to be.

I was working on an SR-25 a long time ago...but it burnt out. I have no plans to finish it.

EDIT: I've uploaded two images of the updated M16A2, they can be found at http://sjb.ofpr.com/dms2/images/update/.

the DMR is an actual gun made by the MArine Corp armory in Quantico, Its basiclly a hanmade pimped out m21/m14 gun. But I do like this pack it is quite nice all your addons are top notch.

Quote[/b] ]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/car.jpg

An IDF unique weapon - M4A1 upper fitted on a CAR15 lower. The weapon in the photo is fitted with a Trijicon ACOG Reflex sight.

Its just a normal M4A1. Look at the barrel , You can easily tell it by just looking at the 'fat' barrel. CAR15s have either really short barrels with long flash hiders or just M16A1 barrels.

I never said the barrel is taken from a CAR-15 wink_o.gif

Also, I didn't mean the entire gun is split in half, just the part between the stock and the rest of the barrel. You can clearly see that the upper half differs in color (is darker) than the lower half wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You can clearly see that the upper half differs in color (is darker) than the lower half
Ever heard of a broken piece that has been replaced by a new one? The new ones tend to be darker  wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]I've rescaled the M16A2, and have adapted the ACOG optic, so it is fixed at x4 zoom, as it is supposed to be.

What can I say? It looks just a great as the old one only smaller tounge_o.gif . Great work.

Sad to hear your SR-25 didn't work out. But as I said; it doesn't really belong in the pack since it's not a DMR, but a dedicated sniper rifle.

Any chance of you making some British sniper rifles.

Yes before you ask British squadies are comming to OFP very soon, but dont please ask me any questions on this subject. Just read my sig and take it as read.

Any chance of you making some British sniper rifles.

Yes before you ask British squadies are comming to OFP very soon, but dont please ask me any questions on this subject. Just read my sig and take it as read.

Didn't someone make a L96 British sniper rifle awhile back?

I could have sworn I had an addon for one a long time ago.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

nice. are these weapons based on the new models you were going to use for your SRT pack? them rifles look nicely scaled this time wink_o.gif

Sorry, I missed the answer to your question out in my earlier replies. Yes, they are based upon the models from my SRT Pack. I just added the ACOG, bipod etc, and rescaled the M16A2.

arrg...trying to post a pic but my pic server hit its bandwidth limit. (sigh)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ah here we go... we're in business...

The DMS in action during an offensive against terrorist forces in the Sanai. The scenes below depict IDF marksman providing rooftop overwatch for the main assault force:

DMS1.jpg

DMS2.jpg

DMS3.jpg

DMS4.jpg

These pics are from a intro I'm doing for a mission in which these rifles are used.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>