Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

At OFP.info they just posted Hawk's new Nimitz class aircraft carrier beta.

Features:

1. Completed textures

2. Working AA defense system- AA gattling guns and AA missiles.

3. Island that can be entered including stair wells and a bridge.

4. Rotating radar.

In order to get the AA systems to work, simply put a West soldier on the editor anywhere and name him "nimitz".

In the map editor you'll find it under Hawk's vehicles on the West side.  There you will see a bunch of different parts of the aircraft carrier, however the one with all the parts linked together is called "Nimitz Aircraft Carrier" if I remember correctly.  

Anyways the aircraft carrier can be found at:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/download/hwk_uss_nimitz-beta.zip

However there is a better version which includes a F14, AA guns at correct height, and a demo mission here at:

'>http://landhell.fpp.pl/of/index.php?PAGE=down&FILE=hwk_uss_nimitz_beta.zip&DIR=ADD PL/HAWK

Sorry about the URL probs, but it wouldn't place it properly, so just copy and paste the stuff in between the parts into your web browser and it should open the box to download the file.

The main problem with this aircraft carrier is that there are not catapault scripts for it. sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ninmitz.jpg

This one is slightly improved over the one Agent Smith found the other day as the Phalanx guns are at the correct height (as you said Miles) and you can climb the ladder on the radar tower behind the island. There may be other improvements I didn't spot as well. Hopefully Hawk will implement crewed defence systems and the improved performance code that the guys in the beta thread have done for his next release.

Quote[/b] ]Quote by Miles Tag:

However there is a better version which includes a F14, AA guns at correct height, and a demo mission here at:

'>http://landhell.fpp.pl/of/index.php?PAGE=down&FILE=hwk_uss_nimitz_beta.zip&DIR=ADD PL/HAWK

I'm sorry but it is either the SAME version or it is the carrier redone to enable a better AA system.  There was NO demo mission included with that file either....

crazy_o.gif

Hey, guys, I really suggest you better start reading this thread. It has been there for almost a week now. We worked out a few solutions for problems related to this addon.

smile_o.gif

Edit: It's quite surprising to me that some people seem to never visit A&D: Discussion section. rock.gif

Edit2: the version posted on ofp.info is the OLD version. New version has filesize of 6MBs and it comes with the new Tomcat.

crazy_o.gif

Hey, guys, I really suggest you better start reading this thread. It has been there for almost a week now. We worked out a few solutions for problems related to this addon.

smile_o.gif

Edit: It's quite surprising to me that some people seem to never visit A&D: Discussion section. rock.gif

Edit2: the version posted on ofp.info is the OLD version. New version has filesize of 6MBs and it comes with the new Tomcat.

I read your thread Mr Smith. smile_o.gif

What I can't understand is that the file originally posted by Agent Smith is two days newer than the one currently available on Hawk's site, but the older one is actually the better one with the improved Phalanx guns and climeable ladder. It's as if Hawk removed the improvements for his latest release. rock.gif

Anyway, I hope Hawk is reading our posts so he knows about the improved targeting of the defence systems you guys implemented.

ladies and gentalmen of the OFP community. with this addon i was inspired to make up a USN pack for you all.

Included is-

Ships:

*USS Ashland LSD (tow)

*USS Nimitz CVN (hawk)

*Tiger Patrol Boat (col klink)

------------------------------

Men:

*Admiral (drw)

*Navy Seal (coc diver)

*Carrier Crew (drw)

-blue

-green

-red

-yellow

-purple

*ITA Pilot (g8)

Aircraft:

Helos-

*UH-1 (seb)

*CH-53 (scorpio)

*HH-60 (extraction)

Planes-

*F/A-18 Hornet (hudson/pennywise)

*F-14 Tomcat (hawk and ?)

*AWACS (g8)

Misc:

CoC Torpedos

i made none of these addons and contributed nothing to any of them. i only packaged them up for conviencace.

35.7MB Download Here

i updated it with the new carrier and the new F14 and added in a "demo" mission but its nothin really just a small fleet setup and the carrier has the planes placed on it in a nice orderly fasion.  oh and 2 Su25s attack your fleet too but the aa defense seems to handel them well

Edit: i added the config changes so the missles and vulcans become more realistic. and fixed the build script so that the carrier now works in MP. and updated the demo mission so both hornets are right on the catapult smile_o.gif

from my post in A&M-D (the pack has the 6 meg version of the carrier too)

the catapults DO work if your lined up on them right. the landing script however doesnt work all that well for me. so in the demo mission is toadlifes carrier hook script.

Could you upload the newest version of the Nimitz in a single file so I don't have to d/l that big thing? tounge_o.gif

The other link to the new carrier doesn't work as you have noticed...

I'm gonna close this sucker for now, because we've already got an active topic going over here. If and when this addon ever gets released in final form, we can open this up again, but since it's still beta, we can use the A&M discussion topic.

Sorry bud, we closed at the same time the twins wink_o.gif

</span>

Quote[/b] ]ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

only released stuff, including public beta releases

<span =''>

Opening smile_o.gif

placebo and hellfish6 you guys are like dumb & dumber tounge_o.gif

closing on same time LOL both topics biggrin_o.gif

well enough spamming sorry for it bahahahahaha I go now to sleep ghostface.gif

USN Pack contains all listed in the Readme. the carrier is up to date in that pack. so is the latest F14

United States Naval pack 32.7megs

Fixed Carrier:

has the latest carrier version with the fixed AA and MP scripts but does NOT have the updated F14

Latest Ver of the Nimitz, Modified AA and MP Scripts 2.16MB

both rar format

i moved this post over to here cuz the mods cant make up their mind on which to lock  tounge_o.gif

Pappy ............ the 2mb DL link you posted at least is NOT the fixed Nimitz crazy_o.gif

The are still the break script call errors (and others) in the config.ccp I mentioned earlier. These errors where introduced in Hawks very recent update (see note below).

See other thread for details.

BTW, your AA Fire Range fix is not the same as ag_smith posted in the other thread .... but at the moment I cant determine the effect on gameplay.

I wont post a link for a proper fixed version, I hope you can do asap .... smile_o.gif

NOTE: I too noticed that Hawks 6mb public release PBO has a file date BEFORE the date of the one ag_smith found ! crazy_o.gif

There does seem to be some differences in the scripts actions and config.ccp files (apart from the errors) and I'm thinking and feeling the "ag_smith" version scripts were in better shape .... IMHO

Hmm, I think we need a definitive updated release to relace all the different versions people seem to have. Does Agent Smith have such a thing? rock.gif

Nope. smile_o.gif

** Looking around, pretending that I'm not here **

I guess we'll have to wait for Hawk... wink_o.gif

Edit: After a while I came to conclusion that we could compile new version of the very first pbo I've found + AA config fixes proposed in the other thread + build.sqs from the latest version (so that Vulcans would be at correct height & MP fixed).

Is Hawk gonna fix the 3d model to make it look more like a Nimitz?

Well, ask him. He doesn't reply my emails, I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't like me or what?? rock.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 30 2004,05:40)]Pappy ............ the 2mb DL link you posted at least is NOT the fixed Nimitz  crazy_o.gif

The are still the break script call errors (and others) in the config.ccp I mentioned earlier. These errors where introduced in Hawks very recent update (see note below).

BTW, your AA Fire Range fix is not the same as ag_smith posted in the other thread .... but at the moment I cant determine the effect on gameplay.

I wont post a link for a proper fixed version, I hope you can do asap .... smile_o.gif

NOTE: I too noticed that Hawks 6mb public release PBO has a file date BEFORE the date of the one ag_smith found !  crazy_o.gif

There does seem to be some differences in the scripts actions and config.ccp files (apart from the errors) and I'm thinking and feeling the "ag_smith" version scripts were in better shape .... IMHO

i depboed my version. replaced the numbers that ag smith wrote in his post. and i dunno about ur computer but on my the vulcans engaged at 1500 and the missels @ 4000

my download link is only 2 megs cuz it doesnt have the F14 in it cuz im too lazy to put that in. and i didnt mess with any othewr scripts. cuz i really dont care about those. i fixed the AA so they engage targets farther away. and i fucked the build.sqs so it was multiplayer compatable. put it back up on the website. and ofered the link.

so to recap i made the vulcans engaged at 1500 instead of 400. i made the sams engaged at 4000 instead of 200 and i made teh build sqs compatable in multiplayer. AND THATS ALL I FIXED. nothing else. nothing else bothered me. im not a perfectionist. im a "eh close a freakin nuff" kinda guy. and this is close a freakin nuff for me. smile_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 30 2004,05:40)]Pappy ............ the 2mb DL link you posted at least is NOT the fixed Nimitz  crazy_o.gif

NOTE: I too noticed that Hawks 6mb public release PBO has a file date BEFORE the date of the one ag_smith found !  crazy_o.gif

i depboed my version. replaced the numbers that ag smith wrote in his post. and i dunno about ur computer but on my the vulcans engaged at 1500 and the missels @ 4000

my download link is only 2 megs cuz it doesnt have the F14 in it cuz im too lazy to put that in. and i didnt mess with any othewr scripts. cuz i really dont care about those. i fixed the AA so they engage targets farther away. and i fucked the build.sqs so it was multiplayer compatable. put it back up on the website. and ofered the link.

so to recap i made the vulcans engaged at 1500 instead of 400. i made the sams engaged at 4000 instead of 200 and i made teh build sqs compatable in multiplayer. AND THATS ALL I FIXED. nothing else. nothing else bothered me. im not a perfectionist. im a "eh close a freakin nuff" kinda guy. and this is close a freakin nuff for me.  smile_o.gif

Then your link is not up to date. I just dl it and there is no brake sqs, and I dont see any guns or missiles that fire. crazy_o.gif

Then your link is not up to date. I just dl it and there is no brake sqs, and I dont see any guns or missiles that fire.  crazy_o.gif

did you try the demo mission? the demo mission has all that shit layed out for you in the USN pack

look the latest verison that hawk ofered for public beta a few days ago.. the very last one he put out i downloaded. i depboed. i made the AA guns attack long range targets. i fixxed the build.sqs so it works in multiplayer. i didnt add anything i didnt delete anything NOR DID I WORK ON THIS CARRIER. if u want the brake.sqs and all that other stuff. then talk to hawk cuz thats his deal not mine. all i did was edit 2 scripts. the AA script and the build script. i didnt fuck with anything else. im usign toadlifes mission placed landing wires. if you play the demo missoin i out in the USN pack u will see that everything is there.

you put in the editor. the USSNIMITZ and nothing else. then put in an officer and name him "nimitz" and the guns are active. trust me it works. use toadlifes landing script to land with.

THE LANDING SCRIPT THAT COMES WITH THE CARRIER NEVER EVER EVER WORKD. EVER

only the catapult script works. the landing script doesnt work it never has and unless hawk figures out why. it never will.

Then your link is not up to date. I just dl it and there is no brake sqs, and I dont see any guns or missiles that fire.  crazy_o.gif

did you try the demo mission? the demo mission has all that shit layed out for you in the USN pack

look the latest verison that hawk ofered for public beta a few days ago.. the very last one he put out i downloaded. i depboed. i made the AA guns attack long range targets. i fixxed the build.sqs so it works in multiplayer. i didnt add anything i didnt delete anything NOR DID I WORK ON THIS CARRIER. if u want the brake.sqs and all that other stuff. then talk to hawk cuz thats his deal not mine. all i did was edit 2 scripts. the AA script and the build script. i didnt fuck with anything else. im usign toadlifes mission placed landing wires. if you play the demo missoin i out in the USN pack u will see that everything is there.

you put in the editor. the USSNIMITZ and nothing else. then put in an officer and name him "nimitz" and the guns are active. trust me it works. use toadlifes landing script to land with.

THE LANDING SCRIPT THAT COMES WITH THE CARRIER NEVER EVER EVER WORKD. EVER

only the catapult script works. the landing script doesnt work it never has and unless hawk figures out why. it never will.

The first time I dl it the land script worked great, in both sp and mp. I did not know about the add man part to get the guns to work, wish the forum mods would make up there minds! mad_o.gif  open...close...open...close crazy_o.gif

I did not want the plane or the mission so I dl the other one you put up.

Oh btw does anyone have a version put up on the web with the missile range, and the other stuff fixed?

"land with line break" worked "eh ok" but you had to be perfect with it and once u landed. the gear automaticly went up nho matter what plane ur in. and it ejected you" so that one did kinda work. but i stoped using it after the first time. and used toadlifes carrier script. its over at ofpec. just use the landing part of it. and if ofpec is down (which it usualy is) then post here and ill upload jsut a demo mission with just a carrier and officer (BIS default)

Edit for R71's edit: if anyone has those scripts improved more then what agsmith suggested (which i changed my figures to the exact same one he posted) then sent me the sqs code via PM and ill place it in and re-mirror it

The old version works great now that I put the officer with the Nimitz name. The only thing I need is the gear up(only on a few planes) and the guns at the right height. What was done with the new versions that made the script to land not work?

Oh yeah and I need to fix the range of the guns on the old one too.

crazy_o.gif

Ok got the guns in the right place and the scripts to land work for me now. I am not to sure if the range of the guns are right. Going to do some mp test now.