Sign in to follow this  
Cephalid

Landing on the moon

Spiegel-TV had a report about a theories that landing on the moon is a fake on last Sunday. They showed many different evidences that the moon landing hasn’t happened like the pictures taken on the moon are made in studios on earth. For example, when you look on the shadow of different objects, you can see that there was more then just one source of light. This can't be, because on the moon, the only source is the sun. We also know that they had no tolls like portable floodlights on their vehicles. That means the pictures must have been made in a studio. There had been many more points, was quiet interesting, never heard about it before.

Well I still think they have been on the moon, but who knows.

Anybody heard something about that topic or has seen the broadcast.

Spiegel-TV had a report about a theories that landing on the moon is a fake on last Sunday. They showed many different evidences that the moon landing hasn’t happened like the pictures taken on the moon are made in studios on earth. For example, when you look on the shadow of different objects, you can see that there was more then just one source of light. This can't be, because on the moon, the only source is the sun. We also know that they had no tolls like portable floodlights on their vehicles. That means the pictures must have been made in a studio. There had been many more points, was quiet interesting, never heard about it before.

Well I still think they have been on the moon, but who knows.

Anybody heard something about that topic or has seen the broadcast.

No man, the lander probably had reflective surfaces etc. there is no atmosphere so the brightness of the reflection can be "insane" smile_o.gif

I would say it's pretty certain they landed on that big rock tounge_o.gif why not

They did land, but the cameras broke and they had to fake the pics. That's what they said on a documentary I saw about this.

And yes it's old news. smile_o.gif

EDIT: They interviewed Donald Rumsfeld and he said the pictures were fake too. (IIRC that is. It was prolly early last year when I saw the documentary.)

EDIT: They interviewed Donald Rumsfeld and he said the pictures were fake too. (IIRC that is. It was prolly early last year when I saw the documentary.)

Do you mean the French docum... err mock-umentary "Dark Side of the Moon"? smile_o.gif

Do you mean the French docum... err mock-umentary "Dark Side of the Moon"? smile_o.gif

I remember it was french so that must've been it then. Are you telling me I've been watching a BS documentary? I hate it when that happens ghostface.gif

We landed on the moon. I've heard much more convincing arguments from astronomers and scientists that we did land on the moon.

We know they landed on the moon. When they did they put a special kind of mirror on the moon so we could measure how far away it was.

One pretty humorous thing about the first moon landing is the flag. They placed it too near the LEM, so when they went back they blasted the flag away biggrin_o.gif

LOL, thats horrible. biggrin_o.gif

Anybody see the video of the guy harassing one of the astronauts?  Remember this is a very old astronaut.  He's up in the poor guys face calling him a liar and all this nasty stuff while his friend tapes it.  So the old guy clocks him in the face and decks him. biggrin_o.gif  Don't get me wrong, I don't support clocking people in the face for no reason, but this guy got what he deserved.  It's especially funny seeing some 40 year old guy get whooped by an 80+ year old astronaut.

we definitely landed there. however, i am rather shocked to discover that the moon indeed is NOT made of cheese. who knew?!? crazy_o.gif

we definitely landed there.  however, i am rather shocked to discover that the moon indeed is NOT made of cheese.  who knew?!?  crazy_o.gif

Wensleydale cheese, to be precise.

moonkick.jpg

The US may have landed there but the first to step on the moon were Meier and Pöhlmann, two german dogs who had been selected between 400 competitors and developed a special technique of breathing to fulfill their mission. The first german lunar lander was named Wotan I.

Here is a unique picture of the mission:

moonmops.jpg

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

PS: If anyone could tell me how to do screenshots in DVD player on  comp I could post the complete story as I have the movie. With GrabClipSave the DVD movie window only is black on screenshot.

Got to go with what Tamme said. I studied photography some years back and I always believed the photos ( or at least some ) were faked. So what? In the 'African Queen' a lot of the shots were faked but they did infact go to Africa to film. Sometimes you just can't get what you need on location.

All that it proves ( if you accept they are fake ) is that a bunch of guys, who were not photographers, in very hostile circumstances, couldn't take enough good snaps to satisfy a publicity hungry government in the middle of a major propoganda war. Faked photos have a long history in military and government publicity.

I'm afraid the people who deny the landings are putting 2 and 2 together and reaching a number some way from 4.

Still the theory has provided a lot of amusemant. Was it 'Diamonds are forever' where Bond got chased through a fake moon set at one point?

Quote[/b] ]If anyone could tell me how to do screenshots in DVD player on comp I could post the complete story as I have the movie. With GrabClipSave the DVD movie window only is black on screenshot.

I use ViPlay to watch DVDs. In Viplay you can capture a frame by pressing "P".

Download ViPlay here.

Are you telling me I've been watching a BS documentary?

Yes. smile_o.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeyesunday/darksideofthemoon/about.html

Wow, thanks for the link. I happend to see this "movie" and later got in a discussion with a friend who failed to belive that it was fake. (Strangly enough cos' they mentioned it being fake a couple of seconds after the program ended)

Quote[/b] ]Bah.

You're all under the spell of NASA's magic.

The real story is here.

"I can't fucking believe it. Over." tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]We landed on the moon. I've heard much more convincing arguments from astronomers and scientists that we did land on the moon.

Can you post them Toadlife?

The shadow with the picture is just one example and when it would be the only one, I had no doubt.

As I said, I never heard about this before and thought it is rather interesting, because some of the arguments are quiet heavy.

I hoped to start a discussion about this topic and not just to receive statements like "we have been there". I didn't search the forum for this specific topic and started these topic again, so what.

Well I believed all my live they have been there and statements like "we have been there!!!" is not argument that could convince me, if I had any doubts. Well may I have some, may it is possible that the story was made up.

Let's just assume it was made up, why for example were the Russians keeping their mouth shut? Weren't they qualified enough at this time to question the whole story?

Here some other arguments against a landing on the moon.

- There is a quiet strong radiation layer is space around the earth. As far as I know, this layer is so far out in space, that it wont affects any shuttle missions, but if you want to go to the moon, you have to go true it. But the Americans never had any protecting devices, neither on the suits they used nor on the vehicle. This radiation must be that strong, that you defiantly need any protection, if don't want to suffer off radiation contamination.

ghostface.gif  ghostface.gif  ghostface.gif

- At the same time as the first mission to the moon took place, there where heavy eruptions on the sun. They have quiet an impact on electronic devices. Protective actions are taken to protect satellites against the effects of solar storms. Even electric devices on earth like power stations and grids or mobiles can be affected. As a human being in space, you need some protection against it, even on earth.

Spiegel

Nasa

If it was a lie, then why Soviet Union didn't complain about it rock.gif ? (besides the possible propaganda). I mean they would have certainly said that it's a fake, but no they admitted that this time US won.

*edit* Oops Cephalid said this already, but lets repeat it.