Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

http://aardvark.zapto.org/~black-beret/addons/ZOMBIES.ZIP

http://aardvark.zapto.org/~black-beret/addons/usage_of_zombie.txt

Added the usage there too.  wink_o.gif

Tracy, once you release the next one, send me a PM and I'll upload it ASAP. smile_o.gif

I hope you fix the bug with the zombies only attacking the first loon on the array. Shouldn't be too hard to randomize it? ;) Anyways, looking good! smile_o.gif

Hawkins

Actually, they always attack the closest person, not the first!

But it is strange to see them run past a closer person (after the original target changes position) - however, continually evaluating the nearest person to attack would consume CPU cycles.

EDIT: But then again, why the hell not eh? Then you could have some really scary shit going down smile_o.gif

PS:

As for PM'ing you, sorry but after this smug [expletive deleted]'s reply I don't think so:

GUARANTEED WORKING BY DOCTORS THE WORLD OVER, THESE PILLS WILL MAKE YOU PERFECT AND HAPPY AND MAKE YOUR LOVE LIFE FLOURISH!

BUY TWO CRATES TODAY, FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

BTW private messages aren't for spamming. smile_o.gif

Just imagine if I got a PM every time an addon was released.

I can read the Addons & Mods: Complete section if I'm interested, you know. smile_o.gif

And I thought I was doing him a favour, considering everyone was asking "when will it be released"  crazy_o.gif

i thought these zombies had a new animation with arms streched out and waddle like a penguin ?

Or am i missing here ?

Maybe a readme with the PBO would help smile_o.gif

i thought these zombies had a new animation with arms streched out and waddle like a penguin ?

Or am i missing here ?

Maybe a readme with the PBO would help  smile_o.gif

LOL!! You got me there! smile_o.gif

Look, it was 2am GMT this morning that I got the pbo finished. I wanted the work out sharpish smile_o.gif

The waddling penguin animation was taken out of this release because I need to program the OFP engine call it directly, instead of using a script.

Whenever you use switchmove or PlayMove on a walking type animation, you will have a hard time stopping OFP making the animation "twitch" - and not in the way you want either.

By creating a custom CfgMovesMC class in the config.cpp, as Teacup did with his dog addon, I can incorporate the walking animation. However that then gives rise to the problem: what zombie should have that animation? All? Or only one?

Decisions decisions... smile_o.gif

tounge_o.gif ,this is a great addon. Especially the crawling zombies biggrin_o.gif

I converted an old mission with this pack, dunno if it works 100 %.

BUG REPORT!

1. Dr Tongue doesn't work.

2. Anyone notice yet that the cop zombies walk around like they are gonna shoot? Ooh err

3. The crawler zombie doesn't auto-attack; this is a problem that I knew about already. There is no ofp animation for "punch when crawling", you see. (I'd love to see Vic Troska take somone's knees out that way lol)

If anyone wants to create an animation where the crawler nibbles at your knees, thats fine by me though. I can't get the hang of frickin OfpAnim.

4. Zombies decide who the closest target to eat is ONE TIME and then will chase that target until he/she/it is dead. They will consequently run past other humans. You could walk up to a zombie and taunt it mercilessly if you're not the target and it would do jack shit.

UPDATE:

1. Dr Tongue zombie in progress.

2. Cop zombies will drop their weapons.

3. I need to create a crawler zombie animation. Not especially difficult, just boring.

4. Updating scripts so that zombies will evaluate & chase who is closest to them EVERY 5 SECONDS. This means no-one is safe.

5. There is no 5 smile_o.gif

PS: Nice to see ppl using the unified zombie addon. I have a wee test mission for you to check out, it's set in the desert and it's your 12 man squad vs 200+ zombies. Can you hold out? Probably not smile_o.gif

Now, I'm running an XP 2400+ overclocked to 3000+ speed, with a Radeon Pro 9700 and it chugs a wee bit, but its still playable. Don't expect intros or cutscenes.

Anyway, those of you with beefier machines will enjoy this game. Those of you with 1ghz machines.. sorry, but u will have to upgrade soon to play HL2 & Doom 3 anyway biggrin_o.gif

How do I make a .sqs file?

Quote[/b] ]

The following code should be part of your mission for good housekeeping. This basically updates the "live target list" so zombies don't attack corpses.

Exec the code from a game logic unit, e.g.  

[] exec "monitortargets.sqs"

Code Sample

#outer

_uc = count gblAllTargets

? _uc == 0: exit

Player globalchat format["No of targets: %1", _uc]

_y = 0

#inner

? _y>= _uc: goto "wait"

_u = gblAllTargets select _y

? alive _u: goto "nxt"

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets- [_u]

goto "outer"

#nxt

_y = _y+1

goto "inner"

#wait

~4

goto "outer"

But it never came with one nor do I know how to make one.

Figured it out.

8 French soldiers, a single car with machine gun, versus at least 150 zombies.

To the last man.

This has to be one of the most fun and best add-on I've ever played!

How's the progress on this going?

I was thinking of checking this out but am wondering is it worth waiting for the next version or try out the current?

I keep seeing words like "it doesnt work" etc etc all over the place in here so that's why I'm asking.  wink_o.gif

I keep seeing words like "it doesnt work" etc etc all over the place in here so that's why I'm asking.  wink_o.gif

That because people didnt read the readme and dont know how to use them. Its pretty easy once you've got the hang of it... smile_o.gif

This looks great!

I am gonna grab my kozlice and spawn me a couple dozen zombies!

Bwahahahhahahahahahahha!

All we need now is a timed mission, which nukes a wrecked city Survivor mode style!

That, or an X-COM mod\pack of addons.

Hmmm, I keep getting scalar bool array error...

I have

gblAllTargets = [Player];gblZombieDamage = 1;[] exec "monitortargets.sqs

and

monitortargets.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#outer

_uc = count gblAllTargets

? _uc == 0: exit

Player globalchat format["No of targets: %1", _uc]

_y = 0

#inner

? _y>= _uc: goto "wait"

_u = gblAllTargets select _y

? alive _u: goto "nxt"

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets- [_u]

goto "outer"

#nxt

_y = _y+1

goto "inner"

#wait

~4

goto "outer"

But I keep getting bool stuff in the debug... hrm...

No of targets: bool...

Yet I have set player as a target in a gamelogic.

NOTICE*NOTICE*NOTICE:

There is a typo where tracy put in the code to use.

Instead of AllTargets the script checks for gblAllTargets.

So put gblAllTargets = [Player] in instead of AllTargets.

Be sure to update this, mirror men and trace.

If you want I'll make a crazy test mission.

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Nothing fancy, just zombies, maybe involving escape or something...

Hmm, I wonder if you can paradrop these puppies..

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

THEY JUMPED ONTOP OF MY HUMMER AND ATE ME!!@@!@!

This addon is good. As in insanely good. As in chaotic good.

Having a team of 8 officers (handguns) having them run out of ammo and whip out their CZ75s and all poppin at the zombies is brilliant.

All you need to do is make everything addon dependant (i'm not sure but I think you can add .sqs files to an addon) and make the zombies get random targets based on KnowsAbout and their side and boom. This is great!

Me and my friend are gonna play soon as he gets home from school.

This addon gets my vote, well done. The jumping on the jeep was brilliant. Oh man. It's like it's own resident evil in it's own right.

Well, I must be mowing down some zombies... can you be a zombie?

I guess I'll test everything out and report back to here...

I just noticed that the maker of this addon looks to be banned from the forum(judging by the amount of nicely colored squares)

Is this the case?

No, his profile is still there, take a load of this...

"tracy_t last posted in SQUADS AND FANPAGES in Zombie mod looking for animations on Jan. 15 2004,16:44"

We all know he has posted waaaaaaay after that.

ikonboard screw up?

or some moderator seemed deem to fit him under the "spamming" excuse, perhaps?

This Addon is ....hmmm, let's say CAN BE... good.

1. I have just modified it's config so the zombies are using their zombie-animations when walking.

The animations are not perfect, but good enough - thanks for that, tracy_t

2. I have also added a 'face' class, with that neat Dr. Tongue's face - only drawback here is that i didn't make any 'wounded' type textures, so when you hit the zombie into face, it will switch his face to some original OFP wound texture and that nice Dr.Tongue's face is gone (weird - i thought that OFP is using translucent wounded textures so it can apply them on any face).

3. I rewrited completely their control scripts (i preffer using the term "brain" smile_o.gif)

Now they are targetting the MOST KNOWN targets, according to KnowsAbout, and they are checking for "better known" targets all the time.

Their brain is simple (it's Zombie so it should be that way:)) divided into 5 step process:

a. they are walking in predefined sector, randomly searching for food

b. when they 'think' they see somethin, they go to research what they have seen (they are sent to that seen-target coordinates +/- Random(20) )

c. if they found anything (KnowsAbout > 3), they start to chase that target - continuously called Move to target position, until they are 'only' 3m away from target.

d. when they are close to it's target, they start to beat him (after each 'strokefist' animation it decreases target's health)

e. when target is killed, they start to eat. If more zombies knew about target before he's got killed, they are going eat too (just 4 of them, no more - not enough meat on OFP soldiers ;-))

sounds great? ;-) well... there are some drawbacks:

- When Zombies are close (3m) to the target, i must 'teleport' them by SetPos so target is in their reach. It's because i wasn't able to figure out how to make them came closer, they allways stops at 3m or something like that :-(

Maybe some config-hack could help? (i tried few things, but nothing worked). If anybody know, tell me, please.

- Their KnowsAbout is somewhat messed up in darkness, so when it's night, they are useless, they just stay where you put them.

But this can be corrected, by checking for time of day and somehow adjust their minimal KnowsAbout for all actions (searching, chasing,...)

- hmmm, i dont remeber any other damned not working things, but i am sure there are some

I will do some more work on them, and if tracy_t allows me to, i will post that final addon somewhere.

LAST NOTE: I have tested it with 207!!! Zombies in some small 'town' and a Player in T80, and it worked perfectly. You just have to wait for 30secs before it's all loaded, but then it runs smooth (Athlon XP 2500, 512RAM, Graphics: Leadtek A280 VIVO 128MB Ti4200)

They probably just changed his password or something sad_o.gif

Iv been talking to tracy T and YES he has been banned from the forums sad_o.gif

When i talk to him next on msn i will let u all know how the next zombie pack is coming along.

im sure he wouldnt mind u releasing a improve zombie pack.

well, i did some work on "my" zombie addon - i call it Yomie addon, it's a typo - forgotten 'B', and 'Y' in place of 'Z' (on czech keyboard, there is Z/Y often switched)

I also did set up a web page for it - everything is ready for ALL OF YOU to download, except noone knows the URL - noone but me :-)

Everything works fine, except it has little more higher needs - say 'hello' to 207 yomies - you place 50 of them and it's almost unplayable :-( But i will work on this...

After 'D.murphy man' do his talk with 'tracy_t', i'll post the URL here.