Sign in to follow this  
ebud

New vietnam island

I just added the inv44 grass to Rumble and it looks like sex.  crazy_o.gif  ok maybe not that good, but its damn sweet. What was the bunker someone was talking about? I like new bunkers and such. Good work mate, its wonderful work.

there's a very nice camouflaged bunker on the islands. On Ilo-Ilo it's near oe of the vilages. (I don't know the number of it, but it's on the west of the top-left village)

If you want to have it in the editor so you can place it anywhere just open the pbo and edit the config. An example about how I did this is below. Note; I'm not realy a config writer, but it works smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define true 1

#define false 0

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

// ==================================================================

// ******************************************************************

// Addon Classes

class CfgPatches

{

class seb_ilo

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = { };

worlds[] = {"seb_ilo"};

requiredVersion = 1.90;

};

class SEBvcbunker

{

units[] = {SEBvcbunker};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.90;

};

};

// Island Config

class CfgWorldList

{

class seb_ilo{};

};

class CfgEnvSounds {};

class CfgWorlds

{

class DefaultWorld {};

class Eden: DefaultWorld {};

class seb_ilo: DefaultWorld

{

access=3;

plateFormat="ER$ ## - ##";

plateLetters="ABCDEFHIKLMOPRSTVXYZ";

worldName="\seb_ilo\seb_ilo.wrp";

icon="\seb_ilo\ilo_ilo.paa";

description="SEB ilo ilo";

centerPosition[]={7925,4833,100};

startTime="7:30";

startDate="1/1/69";

startWeather="0.400000";

startFog=0.000000;

forecastWeather=0.400000;

forecastFog=0.000000;

seagullPos[]={8897,4349,100};

ilsPosition[]={13075,15350};

ilsDirection[]={0,0.080000,-1};

ilsTaxiIn[]={13150,16425,13175,16400,13175,16300,13175,16200,13175,16100,13175,16025,13024,16025,13024

,16575,13075,16575};

ilsTaxiOff[]= {13075,16025,13075,16150,13075,16250,13075,16350,13075,16430,13075,16475,13101,16475,13175

,16400,13175,16350,13203,16345,13203,16200};

class Names

{

class SEB_ilo_ilo_by_Ebud

{

name="SEB ilo ilo by Ebud";

position[]={7043.8599, 2305.2632, 0};

};

class Village_1

{

name="Village 1";

position[]={3073.0747, 4098.5010, 0};

};

class Village_2

{

name="Village 2";

position[]={4408.0815, 5335.2812, 0};

};

class Village_3

{

name="Village 3";

position[]={5444.9839, 5354.3848, 0};

};

class Village_4

{

name="Village 4";

position[]={6172.1968, 6161.3130, 0};

};

class Village_5

{

name="Village 5";

position[]={4124.9229, 4472.1582, 0};

};

};

class Sounds

{

sounds[]={};

};

class Animation

{

vehicles[]={};

};

class EnvSounds: CfgEnvSounds

{

class Rain

{

name="$STR_DN_RAIN";

sound[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleRain.ogg",0.002,1};

soundNight[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleRain.ogg",0.002,1};

};

class Sea

{

name="$STR_DN_SEA";

sound[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleOcean.ogg",0.0008,1};

soundNight[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleOcean.ogg",0.0008,1};

};

class Meadows

{

name="$STR_DN_MEADOWS";

sound[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleAmbience.ogg",0.0006,1};

soundNight[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleNight.ogg",0.0006,1};

};

class Trees

{

name="$STR_DN_TREES";

sound[]={"environmental\wave_break",0.000316,1};

soundNight[]={"environmental\wave_break",0.000316,1};

};

class Hills

{

name="$STR_DN_HILLS";

sound[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleHill.ogg",0.0006,1};

soundNight[]={"\seb_ilo\sound\JungleNight.ogg",0.0006,1};

};

};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Static: All {};

class Building: Static {};

class NonStrategic: Building {};

class TargetTraining: NonStrategic {};

class TargetGrenade: TargetTraining {};

class SEBvcbunker: TargetGrenade

{

model="\seb_ilo\vcbunker";

armor=20000;

scope=2;

displayName="SEB_Bunker1";

}

}

Now you can find the bunker under "empty/objects/SEB_Bunker1".

@ebud;

I hpe you don't mind this little add to your great addon. I just very much like this bunker and wanted in the editor.

Nice work on the islands! smile_o.gif

I think the new one "Rumble in the Jungle" is a nice place for some arcarde multiplayer battles. smile_o.gif

Here are several bugs I found:

vegetation:

-I can shoot through every palm exept the "forest ones".

-The trunk of the small palms has a face which shows to the wrong direction (you have to look on them from above).

the new bunker:

-It is shown as a part of a street in the editor.

-You can shoot through its walls/"roof".

-The "roof" has just three "holders" which looks a bit strange.

First of all, I really like the improvements to the island!  smile_o.gif

@ Cpt. Frostbite - I tried your config but I was not able to re-pbo it to the original size (I was using Makepbo 1.1 by amalfi) so this may be part of my problem. Using these nice little bunkers, I made a defensive perimeter in the jungle to try them out. When the Marines attacked (Seb Nam Marines that is), the NVA in the bunkers would not engae the Marines. I was even able to "hang out" in the same bunker and the NVA hardly even acknowledged my presense!   sad_o.gif  I am not sure if it was your config, my re-pboing the thebunker, or a combination of both. Has anyone else had this problem? I did not have the time to check and see if this happens to the bunkers in the original version of the island. I will check that out next time I have a chance to play OFP again.

@Angantyr - I think that the roadway attached to the bunker is there to allow units to go into the bunkers. Just a guess though.

Wadmann

any one want to redo rumble in the jungle with no premade bases there? AKK's new tower would look much better there but obvioulsy we can build in top of the allready existing ones.

thanks for the info, I'll look at those bugs before I upload the final. You say you can shoot through the palms... can you walk through them?

Quote[/b] ]@ Cpt. Frostbite - I tried your config but I was not able to re-pbo it to the original size (I was using Makepbo 1.1 by amalfi) so this may be part of my problem. Using these nice little bunkers, I made a defensive perimeter in the jungle to try them out. When the Marines attacked (Seb Nam Marines that is), the NVA in the bunkers would not engae the Marines. I was even able to "hang out" in the same bunker and the NVA hardly even acknowledged my presense!     I am not sure if it was your config, my re-pboing the thebunker, or a combination of both. Has anyone else had this problem? I did not have the time to check and see if this happens to the bunkers in the original version of the island. I will check that out next time I have a chance to play OFP again.

@Angantyr - I think that the roadway attached to the bunker is there to allow units to go into the bunkers. Just a guess though.

I haven't had a lot of time to test it, but it shouldn't be my config that causes problems. It in the p3d of the bunker. I have no experience with buildings in O2, so I don't think I'll be able to locate the problem. I'd like to aks ebud to look into it.

Quote[/b] ]-I can shoot through every palm exept the "forest ones".
Quote[/b] ]-You can shoot through its walls/"roof".

missing fire and or geo LOD?

Quote[/b] ]-It is shown as a part of a street in the editor.
Probably so you wouldn't see it and wet you pants when you suddenly bump into it when playing a mission  tounge_o.gif

@ebud No, I can only shoot through them.

I know this problem because some time ago I made a few trees for myself.

It has something to do with the Fire Geometry LOD. To solve it you have to open your palm in O2 in the Fire LOD and then click on Structure -> Convexity -> Component Convex Hull.

@ebud No, I can only shoot through them.

I know this problem because some time ago I made a few trees for myself.

It has something to do with the Fire Geometry LOD. To solve it you have to open your palm in O2 in the Fire LOD and then click on Structure -> Convexity -> Component Convex Hull.

rock.gif what the..

It's not my palm tree, but I can use this tip myself too. You learn something every day. Thanks.

Your welcome! smile_o.gif

Another thing: It is possible to shoot through the trees of the forest which are used on "Rumble in the Jungle" but you can't walk through them.

!!!wooow!!!, i love rumble in the jungle, really nice island for mp fun biggrin_o.gif:D:D, buuuut.... this is just a suggestion, i think ilo ilo island need more hills or small valleys. If u play with m21 and big view distance u can see entire island, now imagine playing on mp, lot of campers smile_o.gif , so thats why i say that could be cool if u add some kind of forrest and less bushs or some hills to be covered from snipers.

Btw, thanx for this island, i love fly whith chopper on that rices fields smile_o.gif

Ilo Ilo is a real island just outside Vietnam. In this pack it's on it's correct shape and size. wink_o.gif IIRC. smile_o.gif

nice island,especially the bigger one, thinking of doing a c&h or a cti on it

Will the final version also require Ia Trang to run rock.gif . Would be better if it wouldnt.

Ilo 2.0 does not require Ia Drang.

2.0 has been edited and is final. At least for me it's final.

I've sent a link out and hopefully if anyone still wants it, the final should be out for the weekend.

As always, this is also for people who want to create their own type of jungle islands. You can take it apart, edit them, or just link to the pbo.

Also, fighter has made an extra config pbo so all of the objects are usable in the editor.

If it's still broke in areas, I hope someone will take the lead and continue editing it as my time has run out for editing this. It was really fun creating this and having people help me out right and left. Thanks again.

Once it is out, if you would like to mirror it, please do so.

Now this "learning and testing" project is over, will you continue with the larger vietnam island you talked about?

The stuff you made in this project is extremely high quality and it would be a waste if this would not be used by a master (you) to create a great vietnam island.

If you are gonna create a nam island, please look at that nam-tower made by AKK. It would be nice to have a new IA Drang or simular island with lots of hills, valleys and FSB's.

Ebud, your going to make a larger Nam island? If so, I can't wait because all of your work is of excellent quality biggrin_o.gif

well, I'd like to, but I doubt I'll have the time. Wish I did. This was just a side project to work on non BAS things.

There are a few Nam islands coming out that use these objects, so those should work great. The ashau map is looking good as well as Para's Phuoc Thuy map. (hope I spelled it right)

Also most of the stuff in this pack uses textures from DD2. I gave up making my own textures at version 1.7. I hope no one minds as I did it to save time. It's been in the readme. Credits are in the readme as well for everyone who helped and authors whose work is in here as well.

In that case ebud, I would like to thank you for this outstanding peace of work. You have created the possibility for island makers to create a vietnam island without having to creat their own objects, plants and forests. You have opened the door to high-quality vietnam islands.

Indeed some good looking vietnam island are being made. Including A Shau Valley and Phuc Thuy province using your work and looking good. A Shau valley looks promising, but need a lot of work.

But some people have the skill to create this 'real' look and to add these little details to an island that makes it great. You seem to have this skill and I was looking forward to a large scale hilly vietnam island made by you.

There's actually two A Shau Valley islands coming.  wink_o.gif Mine and cj525's (I hope I remembered his name right. smile_o.gif )

I saw on OFP.info that you released the final version of your island. Is that the correct FINAL version? I don't want to post it on OFPNAM if it is not wink_o.gif

I'm not touching it anymore, lol! If it's broke, it stays broke smile_o.gif

Done done done !

<hoping it's not broke>