Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Battery

SpecOp9, anyway to recycle them when they are used. We don't want to start polluting Everon and all the other islands with unused batteries. tounge_o.gif

This is perfect addon indeed. No one reported a bug! Which OFP version i need to use it? Will it lag my computer?

Has anyone tried it in MP?

Yeah, usually Blackdog has multiplayer games up and running within an hour of a high profile addon being released. What gives? rock.giftounge_o.gif

OK, I have a few complaints....

This is a *low quality addon* for many reasons:

1) Causes lag on low end PC's

2) Unfair file size for 56k users

3) Should have been released with demo mission

4) unbalances the game (he who has the battery has the world)

5) Scripts may cause conflict with other mods/addons

6) could do with some new animations

7) I have to create *another* mod folder --("C:/Flashpoint/batmod")

9) Textures go funny when you look at it from 900m away

hehe - just kidding THIS IS A GREAT ADDON

I think i got killed by one

I put it in a mission and then spent a few hours looking at it before i got shot

*Could anyone convert the BIS missions to include this addon?*

I'm getting error message:

MISSING ADDON BA...T....t........... <span style='color:red'>BATTERY DEAD</span>

tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]*Could anyone convert the BIS missions to include this addon?*

Indeed and the final mission would be defuse the cell rather then satchelling the scud crazy_o.gif

Boy, someone should make a can of OFP-spam to satisfy the needs of all the people posting in this thread tounge_o.gif

And yes, OFP-Spam is soon to be an official BIS product. Made from a special Czech recepie, a coupon sheet will probably be posted on the official site soon tounge_o.gif

BI-spam.JPG

Enjoy wink_o.gif

[DISCLAIMER] Above picture has nothing to do with BIS-studios, Codemasters or any other company remotely related to these forums. [/DISCLAIMER]

Dang! My cover is blown... but that wasn't all that was bl... biggrin_o.gif

Tigershark:

Quote[/b] ]

Don't got there Col.!!! And stop visiting those dodgy sites whilst posting here    

And yes, OFP-Spam is soon to be an official BIS product. Made from a special Czech recepie, a coupon sheet will probably be posted on the official site soon

O

F

P

Single

Player

Alkaline

Modification

Hahaha....I can't believe this thread has 5 pages...It's a Duracell AA Battery for crying out loud! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hey man... don't make me whip out a Energizer AA battery....

They will fight against each other, and keep going and going and going and going.

I got a problem with it.

I need to know the names of the variables that make the "Internaldust.sqs" go away.

Every time I try to remove the cargo proxies I get a CTD, and if I want to use the "Movein commander" comand it send me riding on top.

The pilot view of it when is on air mode is untextured.

@CERO.

Check out my lastest mission using this addon...

LINK!

Enjoy tounge_o.gif

I was thinking more along the lines of a car battery, and then electricuting prisoners of war for interrogation purposes...

You're scaring me dude.....

Yeh. crazy_o.gif

Why not just use the wall socket? rock.gif

LOL, its great to have kids to experiment on isn't it tounge_o.gif

*disclamer: please dont take offence

Useless piece of information No. 5116: It took longer to load this page than download that addon. tounge_o.gif

Maybe your PC batteries are low.

har har awon tounge_o.gif

O

F

P

Single

Player

Alkaline

Modification

Your expertise with acronyms is astounding.

Just found this great wartime speech:

"We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills. We shall even fight with our AA batteries... We shall never surrender!"

Seems even good ole JFK got in on the act:

"And so, my fellow Americans. . .ask not what your AA battery can do for you. . .ask what you can do with an AA battery. My fellow citizens of the world. . .ask not what an AA battery will do for you, but what together we can do for the Freedom of AA Batteries. "

Patrick Henry was quoted as saying:

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me AA batteries! "

Last quote of 'General' George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of Little Bighorn:

"Ye Gods! Those Sioux have AA batteries!'

Last words of Lord Horatio Nelson at the Battle of Trafalger:

"Quick, Hardy. Kiss me!" to which Hardy replied: "Sorry Cap'n, can't oblige. No AA batteries!"

Quote[/b] ]This is my AA battery.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My AA battery is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My AA battery without me is useless. Without my AA battery, I am useless.

Can someone make a sister-addon featuring those diagrams showing you which way the positive and negative ends go in?

I demand the making of a D, C and AAA type battery!!

And make them Energizer! tounge_o.gif

Hmm. I'm more partial to the sony re-chargeables, bright orange for NiCad, and lime green for LiOn.

Idea for a mission:

Get the santa model, have hime trying to stuff batteries into the radio, the radio blows up and somebody hears the RF crackle and St. Nick cursing it's ancestry, and mistakes it for a code to attack Morton, and everyone runs off in the middle of the night, but since their batteries are dead, so no NV, so they have to stumble around half the island blindly until they find the hidden battery dump, after which they can go save morton...