Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Martins dc-3 is ready to download!

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps, perhaps not.  If he really did use Microsoft textures do you think that it would prevent anyone from buying a Microsoft flight simulation program???  Other then just giving credit to the original artists (which he really should do if he did use other's textures or modified other people's textures), I don't think it's that big of a deal as he's not selling this product and it's not competing with Microsoft products.

I think he should at least mention Microsoft in the readme... This is what I call stealing. Its not that I like microsoft, but I think its a bit unfair....

Well, at least we should be able to use MSFS 2004 repaints, it wouldnt require very much editing.

Here's an idea: just shut up! mad_o.gif

People just like yourself make Martin want to stop making addons. All you have done in this thread is whine about FS2004, and listen: sad_o.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NO ONE CARES</span>

'Nuff said. mad_o.gif

First, I'd like to congratulate Martin on this great plane, it's a joy to fly and watch in OFP.  While he deserves praise for this work, many have pointed out that he has used textures from MS-2004.  While this seems to be the case, what is interesting is the community´s reaction.  I am not going to judge Martin or in any way discourage him from producing more addons. It would be a loss for our community if he did.   There are however a few posts that I cannot let go without a comment.  There is a principal here, that in this case seems to be dismissed in favor of recieving, but I hope still is respected in the community.  

I have recieved a number of e-mails where I am asked permission to re-texture or include my Antonov in certain mods.

Let's suppose Vit, who is producing a Russian transport as we speak, uses my Antonov texures in his addon without my permission, for example the interior cargo or external, that I spent a heck of a lot of work on, is the above quote the kind of reaction my plea for due credit would get??!  

If that is the case, does that not discourage me and other addon makers from putting much work into our addons as well?   rock.gif

We all know it's stealing when you take someone else property without their permission.

Not saying that you did, is generally perceived as passing off someone elses work as your own.  That is even worse.  

That makes a lot of us uncomfortable and if we say so, it's perceived here as whining  rock.gif  

But then we get to the fact that this was Microsofts property, and it's ok (right) to "share" their work smile_o.gif Would Martin have gotten permission from the makers of FS-2004 to use their textures in a non profit addon for another game?  Probably not.

As I said, I'm not going to judge Martin, simply because he didn't "rip" them off as such.. The textures in FS-2004 are infinately better and their model is much nicer in every way.  Except that you can't walk around in or outside of it, flush the toilet, open the doors, eject the passengers through the roof, see that much smoke from the engine start and all the other lovely OFP-Only things smile_o.gif

Martins DC-3´s fuselage is a bit bulgier on top than MS´s one. Doesn´t look any worse for it, just a detail.

Bottom line, Martin probably could have mentioned the texture thing in the readme, and we'd not be having this negative sub-thread interweaving a good discussion for a good addon.  

Hope we all continue to see new and exciting addons for this amazing game, all the way until OFP2 comes out  unclesam.gif

Konyak

well in this case, i think that people like blackdog, as good as a man he is in the ofp communitiy, should just be quiet, rather than try to start shit with people that don't know as well as he does. Everyone should just shut the fuck up and be quiet, and be thankful that people out there take their time to create these wonderful addons for this great game. No one has the right to bitch, whether materials were stolen or not. Unless you are the person that got ripped off, shut the fuck up. be thankful that there is still people devoted in trying to make this ofp community a better place.

Look at it this way: Microsoft is a multi-billion dollar corporation and we're just a few people who play a game by a barely-known deveoloper in the computer world.

I don't think taking it from a company who gets millions of dollars for it should not be frowned upon, unless it's the whole game. Lets just think of it as a mini-preview of FS2004 for the individuals who do not have it, and they will probably consider buying it!

However, when you take things from an individual such as you Konyak, or Marfy... then it gets personal. All you get is the reward of people enjoying and loving your addon.

like i said before he DID give credit on his site. he said in the screenshot "textures form FS2004" TF uses CFS textures on his plane (unless he made new ones that he didnt tell me about) and yall didnt have a problem with that. there are ppl like martin who can modle like a god. but cant texture to save his/her butt. so if he can use those textures then by god let the man do it.

Quote[/b] ]unless he made new ones that he didnt tell me about)

lol me? make decent textures

ghostface.gif

yep i used the MS cfs sounds and textures, but the textures are from the same sort of group of people as we are (indervidual addon makers) and their permission was given.

Same with the Il2 textures, and i would encourage anyone who wants a better flight experience to buy fs2004 and il2 fb

(espcially il2)

btw i've got permission from martin to help him with the scripting and other things for the c-47, heres a topic at ww2ec about some ideas, if you have any add them there or here

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec....try5206

like i said before he DID give credit on his site. he said in the screenshot "textures form FS2004" TF uses CFS textures on his plane

In that case, I'm ok with things. I must have missed that in the thread. I didn't realize how many were using textures from other games and how "normal" people considered that.

I guess I'm an admirer of good textures as they are the hardest (labour intensive) part of producing an addon (and the part that receives the most praise). I'm sure you'll find people like Marfy and Sebastian and other great texture artists will see my point of view in this argument.

And One: I considered my post to be aimed at making this OFP community a better place, by guarding the only rewards we addon makers get. Blackdog actually said it pretty well.

Konyak

One thing I hope could be edited is:

The startup sound....

When the AI is controlling it and it's on the runway ( with no fuel ) the AI tries to start it evry time and you hear the startup sound....

It's anoying cause: I am making a hijack mission ( based on r/l happend planejack ) but the plane is just making the noise

sad_o.gif

like i said before he DID give credit on his site. he said in the screenshot "textures form FS2004" TF uses CFS textures on his plane

In that case, I'm ok with things. I must have missed that in the thread.   I didn't realize how many were using textures from other games and how "normal" people considered that.  

I guess I'm an admirer of good textures as they are the hardest (labour intensive) part of producing an addon (and the part that receives the most praise).  I'm sure you'll find people like Marfy and Sebastian and other great texture artists will see my point of view in this argument.

And One:  I considered my post to be aimed at making this OFP community a better place, by guarding the only rewards we addon makers get.  Blackdog actually said it pretty well.

Konyak

thats cool wink_o.gif

congradulations to all those who brought up teh MFS2004 textures.

Hi

Sorry maty will not be making anymore addons for public release,this shit about using some of 2004 textures

put the last nail in the coffin for me,but there are many other great addon makers out there to fill in.

Regarding using some of 2004 textures,i didn`t us them for the intent of passing them off for my work

I do not release my addons to the public for any other reason than to share my addons with them

and not for some sort of well being or high self asteam, i build my models for myself and not for the public

release,and share my models with people that might love to us them and get some pleasure out of playing with

them,and thats it.

It would seem that there is a "my addon is better than your addon" thing going on in the ofp comunity

and thats sad! , and what makes me sader is that it seems to be only about self recognition for what they have done

and not for the love of making it.

Someone said that its not nice to steal peoples work ie textures,and went on to say that if he had been making

a addon and found that someone else had used his textures,he would have been very upset,and rightly so!

I couldn`t see that using some textures that i had to modifiy, from a multy million dollor company would

be any harm,many people in the fs comunity modifiy ms textures and release the textures on sim sites

as freeware for none commercial use,and even though it was not a ms product,i was not releasing it

for any capital gain,and as freeware,and for that reasion only, and as it was only the one off,i couldn`t see that any one would mind.

What upset me the most all,was the people that moaned,forgeting about the many of hours of work that went in to

building the model,and just moaned about the texture thing.

Well thats me done,my site is gone and will never return.And i`m sorry to all the people that has loved my addons

and supported me from the very start,and just to say i loved making them,and seeing that most of

the ofp comunity had loved using them,that was nice.

All my work has been deleted from my hard disk and its time to move on to other things

so to that my friend solong and good luck with addon making and what ever you do

the sad thing is i never in all time of addon building did i make any friends just acquaintances on ofp, just good addons i think sad_o.gif

Well all the best maty keep up your good,and remember you are only as good as your last mistake!

many thanks

Martin

could let it go could you? you just HAD to drag it out didnt you? mad_o.gif

Congrats people, very well done mad_o.gif

Another top addonmaker pissed off by a bunch of overzealous

whiners.

FUCK all of you who were bashing martin.

FUCK YOU For FUCK sakes, Can't you leave the man alone? do YOU KNOW HOW HARD? It is to make an addon and get bashed by people telling him NOT to steal textures?

FUCK.

Now Martin left the addon community, all because of the fucking whiners, well I'll tell you one thing, your on my hate list, this addon is top notch and i was lookin forward to teh C47 and you ruined it for ALL of us, fuck.

Martin was very good and you had to bash him, look what happend.

I hope you live the rest of your life and even die in shame.

Good bye.

Good job guys, real good job. If you were smart enough to actually look at his site instead of making us bring you the news and dowload it once you see the post, you would have seen that Martin SPECIFICALLY SAID that he used MS's FS2004 textures. Why couldn't you whiners just shut up? If Martin gets in trouble, so be it. He chose to use them. If you don't like it, dont use it, better yet don't download it. What is with this issue that everyone is so whiny about? So its FS2004 textures, real biggy. After repeatitly telling you that he stated that he used the textures you still had to stretch the issue out. Now Martin has stopped his work and we will never get to see a decent C47. We all know (if you ever visit and downloaded anything of Martin) that he is not big about readmes. Now Martin, the one that gave us the Bell 206 in 3 different versions, a jet pack, a boat, a mech, and a bunch of other stuff is gone. If you have ever MADE an addon, you will know how hard it is to make textures and how hard it is to find a good texturer. Martin just wanted to bring you the plane as quick as he could with the best quality. Do that many people really love MS? One minute you yell that MS sucks, the next your sucking the juice out of Martin because he used MS' textures. I hope you are all proud of what you did.

mardc3.jpg

Bye Martin, you will be missed.

Cmon guys let's make a poll / petition to bring martin back, does anyone know his non martins.addons@btinternet.com email? I doubt he'll check that anymore since he left, and I really want him to continue.

Cmon I'm making a poll.

Its dissapointing that the whole community must suffer because of the disrespect of a few people.  Martins addons are wonderful and its saddening that some people seem to enjoy bashing addon makers who try to make OFP better. It almost seems as if creating scandals out of nothing are what they live for. Its just a few pixels for christ's sake. I hope you who contributed to this(you know who you are) are proud of what you've accomplished.  mad_o.gif

Martin made the best civilian addons out there. Those are the type that are hardest to come by, but the most fun to use. And it really sucks that because people have to bitch about a texture, that he even said where he got it, that he's leaving.

Martin, I sure hope you decide to come back and finish more addons. Your addons are among the best I've ever had the opportunity to use.

So they finally could get rid of Marfy and Martin wow_o.gifmad_o.gif

wow...you guys did a great 'job'...not!

Maac and Marfy were always no1 for me and Martin in close second place since his first addons, closly followed by Sigma and Inqusitor.

Some of you tried to anoy Inqusitor already he did not bite

so lets not hope you idiots now going after Sigma rock.gif

I hope Trenchfeet will get in touch with Martin to finish a nice C47 for the thnxfull community.

Or else I`m going to finish my crappy one wink_o.gif not very likely sad_o.gif

To stop on spamming:

Lee H Oswald or any onther moderator:

Close this topic before bad things happen.

I am a moderator?

MfG Lee rock.gif

To stop on spamming:

Lee H Oswald or any onther moderator:

Close this topic before bad things happen.

I am a moderator?

MfG Lee rock.gif

No but yuo have the option to close it: because: you made this topic and you can close it by clicking the Close this topic link all way down this page. wink_o.gif

Damn it, this really sucks. Martin truly was one of the best addon makers in the community, especially considering he did everything himself. The countless hours he spent on the DC-3 were evident as soon as you viewed it in the game. I also loved the way he concetrated on civilian vehicles which are kind of neglected compared to military stuff. The only thing I can say is that it would be a real shame to let a few (literally a few) whiners get to you when there are so many others out there who absolutely adore your addons. Just look at the response the DC-3 has got in this very thread for evidence of that. I guess some people don't realise the effort it takes to create something like this for OFP. Addon makers slave for days, weeks, months even to give you something of exceptional quality FOR FREE and a whole lot of what they get back is unconstructive, uninformed moaning bullshit.

Imagine sitting down one day to check the forum, only to find all the addon makers gone; chased away by the very people they had tried so hard to please.

Bitter irony indeed.

sad_o.gif

Maybe some kind of age restriction is in order? It seems the stupid kids screw things up for the rest of us by driving away those who best support this community... Little buggers... IRL you could just give them a whack on the back of the head...:(

No but yuo have the option to close it: because: you made this topic and you can close it by clicking the Close this topic link all way down this page. wink_o.gif

But I see no reason to close it.

The DC-3 is one of the best aircrafts evver made for OFP, why don´t discuss it?

If a moderator wants to do something, then delete the "he used ms textures, he must be evil" posts and give their IP to Microsoft. Let´s see if their OS is original.

---

Please use this topic only for the original DC-3 or reskins/remodeling.

Martin has made a decision, bad for the community but I hope some ppl feel better now....

MfG Lee

Well I am gonna take my hands on it...And edit it to a C47...

And some more versions off it.

I am still waiting on the MLOD format model.