Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Anyone play combat mission?

Maybe your expectations of the Tiger outweigh the reality of what they were capable of? The guys who make these games can probably back up all their engine results with real life facts and statistics.

Though I do know what you mean about a good tank taking cover from an inferior tank - I've had ISU-152s with hugely thick frontal armor try and hide from relatively dinky PzIVGs before.  crazy_o.gif

Concur. In my experience with the series, the only thing that has been suspect has been the AI, not the technical data for ingame military hardware. CM's AI does have a habit of doing some irrational things at times.

Meh.  Probably just me.

I'll probably find the opposite if I play american tank battles more.

Exactly. tounge_o.gif

In CMAK I thought they made the American armor too good, then I tried playing some of the Italian missions as the Americans and had my Shermans easily shot up by Stugs and Panzer IV's.

It's definitely not just about armor penetration, I think it's more to do with morale, crew quality, and who gets the first shot. Poorly trained crews have delays between their reactions, and panic easier. They also bail out alot quicker, when a better trained crew would ride out the damage.

So, does anyone wanna play me??? COME ON!  unclesam.gif

I'd love to kick your ass. As soon as I get the game I'll start pestering you about it.

I'll play you tommorow in the cmak demo. After I shovel myself out of the snow, if it ever comes.

So, does anyone wanna play me??? COME ON!  unclesam.gif

Sorry my Mummy warned me about playing with strange men wink_o.gif

Virginity, strange men, sexual tastes and cheap trollops - Placebo, you're making this topic a whole lot creepier than it needs to be. crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

I'll play you in CMBO or CMBB if you can find 'em.

Get on ICQ and we'll work something out

How come I've never seen it in an EB Games or Gamestop

Its a very small company, and you can only buy it online. But right now CMBB and BO are both now in retail stores, but short on supply from what I've heard.

Whaa? Combat Mission 1 and B-B are all over the place in Finland. Don't know if I've seen AK yet, though. rock.gif

How come I've never seen it in an EB Games or Gamestop

Its a very small company, and you can only buy it online. But right now CMBB and BO are both now in retail stores, but short on supply from what I've heard.

Whaa? Combat Mission 1 and B-B are all over the place in Finland. Don't know if I've seen AK yet, though. rock.gif

In North America, is what I meant.

From the rematch that Tex whined about after I spanked him the first time. Forgive the old graphics, I had to reinstall the first CM game to play him and I didn't download any mods to make it look pretty. crazy_o.gif I'm the one with the blue text, he's the white. I'm the US, he's Germany. And that ball of flame is his Panther, which he thought invulnerable. biggrin_o.gif

texdead.jpg

Little does Tex realize that we're still playing the game and I now know all the forces he has in the town because HE POSTED A SCREENSHOT OF IT! wow_o.gif

little does Hellfish realize that it doesn't matter, because I'm going to kick his pansy ass (I destroyed his other piece of armor in the next turn, btw).

Hrm... AK looks interesting enough. I will see about ordering it in the near future. I look forward to getting wiped off the map by your evil Tigers and Panthers tounge_o.gif

OK, results of me vs Tex:

1 won battle (without aa doubt)

1 probably lost battle

He won the second battle by default, as I had to go grocery shopping. Analysis of the post-battle statistics shows that he had about 80 men to the 50 or so that I had with half the game to go. He probably would have won had we played till the end, though I suspect most of those 80 men were in about 6 MG42 teams way to his rear.

Needless to say, I learned some battlefield lessons. Who wants to be my next bitch? Put your hand down, Placebo.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

What Hellfish isn't telling you is he had two pieces of armor, a T26 Super Pershing and a Jackson tank destroyer, both of which are superior to the one Panther G (late) that I had. So don't let him complain about not having enough infantry, because he spent all his points on suped up armor (which both went down to my dirt cheap infantry AT units biggrin_o.gif ). And no, all my units were right up in the thick of it that second game.

@ Jan. 04 2004,18:18)]And no, all my units were right up in the thick of it that second game.

Because you were so desperate for a victory. It's alright Tex, you can beat me at OFP, but I smack you around like a diseased monkey in CM. biggrin_o.gifunclesam.gif

bullshit- and you neglected to mention that the objective score from that second game was 72-23 when we stopped.

I'd like to lodge an official protest against your signature; with a 1-1 record (and I'd like to say that your one win was spurious at best) you aren't in the position to 'pwn' anybody thefinger.gif