Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Anyone play combat mission?

Hi, i just downloaded all 3 demos and nearly bought Barbarossa to Berlin but decided agaisnt it as i didnt know anything about it at the time (i got Star Wars KOTOR instead) and didnt want to get stuck with a crap game.

Any suggestions which one is the best of the three?

B to B is my favorite, just because of the theater. Really AK is more of a companion to BB then a sequel

Hope it's not too late to post on this thread. I'm a huge CM series fan too. You'll prolly see me on the battlefront forums.

Anyone interested in a game? Itching to play and show my tactical genious  biggrin_o.gif

PM me if you want a game. Hellfish? Harnu?

BTW for all you CM owners that dont know, you can goto www.cmmods.com for plenty of juicy eye candy!

EDIT: Some screenies!!

ss1.jpg

A flamethrower unit hitching a lift from a T34/85.

ss2.jpg

Russian tanks demolish suspected enemy emplacements.

ss3.jpg

A Valentine meets a grisly end in the steppes.

ss4.jpg

German winter Heer infantry form up behind the platoon leader.

ss5.jpg

My favourite  biggrin_o.gif

I've got BO - (rimshot) - just acquired it and have only played twice (vs PC natch). Loving it. This is a truly cool game.

Love these games. The only reason I only purchased the 1st is because of the hardcoded models. Too bad they're not open to editing other than the textures sad_o.gif

Someone mentioned the possibility of a modern version in the future. Any one else hear that?

Yeah, CMII (the new engine) is supposed to be more moddable and modular, so that the same engine could handle WWII combat as well as modern. Battlefront hasn't announced the next theater of war for CMII, but I know a lot of people are crossing their fingers for a modern or Cold War version. I personally think that WWII has been done and done well, and I would love to see the engine portray the Fulda Gap in 1989 or any of the other places around the world that would have gone up in flames if WWIII started (Norway, Denmark, Turkey, Greece, Korea, maybe Libya and Iran). A lot of people seem to think that a game involving WWIII won't be any fun because American tanks are so superior to the Russian ones. My rebuttal to that is that it's fun to take a Panther up against Sherman 75s, so it would be equally fun to take an M-1A1 up against T-55s.  biggrin_o.gif

Read The War That Never Was to get your juices flowing for a WWIII tactical combat game. Imagine commanding surrounded Rangers in the ruins of a Libyan city or Norwiegan tanks desperately fending off Soviet airmobile troops or Turkish infantry defending the gates of Istanbul from Romanian tanks.

Yum.  smile_o.gif