Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Anyone play combat mission?

From the Tex vs. Hellfish rematch tonite. Those are his Italian bodies piled up in front of my massive Maori warriors. And his sardine can in the background, knocked out before it even fired a shot. smile_o.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/hellfish/deadtex.jpg

I take it that Tex's idea of strategy was piling as many corpses onto a single area until the enemy runs from the stench. tounge_o.gif

From the Tex vs. Hellfish rematch tonite. Those are his Italian bodies piled up in front of my massive Maori warriors. And his sardine can in the background, knocked out before it even fired a shot. smile_o.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/hellfish/deadtex.jpg

I take it that Tex's idea of strategy was piling as many corpses onto a single area until the enemy runs from the stench.  tounge_o.gif

Two platoons worth. The Italians are bloody useless- that hill would have been mine (one set of bodies was an outstanding flanking maneuver that would have worked), but a series of setbacks due to shoddy Italian military hardware left me with no choice but to plink at a tank with what can only be described as spitwads. But I consider it a moral victory, because I wasn't completely routed from the field, unlike Hellfish when he was the Italians tounge_o.gif

Next battle after that was a major victory for me. smile_o.gif

I had nothing to stop that heavy tank with. I honestly wasn't expecting it. I had two infantry companies, an 81mm mortar FO and the two SP guns, who I thought would only be of use against a couple of T-34s or something - not one of the best tanks of the war. In retrospect, I should have ponied up for a Jagdtiger.  crazy_o.gif

It was a good game, and Hellfish won fair and square, but it was a bit closer than the final score suggests- I caught him napping on his right flank, and if I hadn't had to rush the game clock, I could've rolled him right up. That and he killed my MkIV early- that was a tough break sad_o.gif

It was not a suprise! Honest! My guys freaked out though, and ran into a house from where they then proceeded to slaughter Tex. smile_o.gif

I did blow that ambush on the hilltop however, but I did manage to kill off a 105mm FO before he could do any damage.

Ok fishbreath, my computer has no more video card issues(fixed it by switching on and off the Zmask feature). I can play! Man, the game is ten times better when your playing at a great speed!

*kisses computer*

PM me a time you want to get spanked, and I'll break out my kiddie whomper, DrunkenPansy tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Draco got spanked in the first game, though he almost made up for it by killing 2 of my 3 tanks in the last two minutes. crazy_o.gif

Game 2 commencing...

Draco got scared when I killed his Panzer III and ran away. Who's next?  biggrin_o.gif

I say that first game was just luck for you! FAct is, I didn't have any tanks but that one!

Never knew you could fit three T34's under, I think it was, 200 points.

Hmm, no platoons of King Tigers for me then...

(Watching 4 King Tigers tear 45 T-34's apart was a joy to behold)

Well, he picked 1941. I wasn't able to get any Tigers or heavy armor without big cost over the 250 Armour limit.

Anyone have any strategy with Axis on the desert map with CM:AK? I have 20 panzers taken out by 5 M3 medium with no casualties for Allied and having all my tanks taken out. crazy_o.gifmad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Well, he picked 1941. I wasn't able to get any Tigers or heavy armor without big cost over the 250 Armour limit.

It was June of '42, not '41! tounge_o.gif

I had a 245 point armor limit. We played with combined arms limitations, so I could afford a company of infantry, a platoon of radio-less T-34'43s, a BA-10 armored car (which was blown up rather quickly) and a 120mm mortar FO, which was totally useless.

The T-34s weren't terribly useful either because since they didn't have radios, they would have like a 70-90 second delay in my giving them orders. Granted, their firepower was outstanding (one 76.2mm cannister round took out an entire German squad) but their lack of commo made them vulnerable to Draco's close assaults - I could order the tanks to move out of the way, but it would be too late by then and they'd get a grenade bundle on the engine deck and bail out.

So, Tigerwhimp, Badgerweenie and Frenchwoman, when are you going to get onto my pwned list like the other losers?  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Just wait, fishbreath. I'll squeeze out a victory some day. But right now, I have to study for a physics test. Tomarrow, I want a rematch!

I think it would have worked out better if I had some howitzers, maybe a recoiless rifle all towed by truck. You can actually move these things pretty well when under good covering fire.

Bring it Fishbreath. Friday is my night to play! I wanna killlllll you!

The results?

Unfortunatly, he never showed up here. Neither last night.

I Really wanted to kill him sad_o.gif