Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Anyone play combat mission?

Anybody play these games? Anyone wanna play a TCP/IP game? It'll be your chance to slaughter a moderator. biggrin_o.gif

I do but what is this game?

Last time i met you in a MP you and i were on the same side *arghh tounge_o.gif *

But i got to slaughter BD and his henchmen biggrin_o.gif

I have CM:BB, but I didn't realise AK was out. I'll have to pick it up.

(Oh the joys of King Tigers..... I'll have to put up with standard Tigers in AK)

I have BO...I really suck at the game, the only mission I ever really beat was the tutorial crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

What the hell is this game? I don't get away from flashpoint too often wink_o.gif

Traitor  tounge_o.gif

So sayeth the man who only just reinstalled OFP after what, a whole year? Year and a half? tounge_o.gif

I still play OFP, but I've found that my battlefield survivability is very low when I'm playing against Earl, Suchey and Tex. crazy_o.gif I'd much rather my digitized minions take the hits for me. biggrin_o.gif

Traitor  tounge_o.gif

So sayeth the man who only just reinstalled OFP after what, a whole year? Year and a half? tounge_o.gif

I still play OFP, but I've found that my battlefield survivability is very low when I'm playing against Earl, Suchey and Tex.  crazy_o.gif I'd much rather my digitized minions take the hits for me.  biggrin_o.gif

Don't be modest. We all kick your ass biggrin_o.gif

What the hell is this game? I don't get away from flashpoint too often wink_o.gif

Theres a demo available on www.battlefront.com if you want to see what all the fuss is about.

The thing that annoys me about tanks is that the shermans seem to be far too good for what they are- infantry support tanks. They weren't good at killing other tanks, but in game I've seen a tiger disabled by one (albeit at long range) repeatedly.

The thing that annoys me about tanks is that the shermans seem to be far too good for what they are- infantry support tanks.  They weren't good at killing other tanks, but in game I've seen a tiger disabled by one (albeit at long range) repeatedly.

I don't think that's unrealistic. I mean, the Sherman didn't kill the Tiger, but I think a 75mm shell into the road wheels would disable just about anything.

I've had Shermans take out Tigers before, but only with rear or lucky flank shots, and only with the loss of many Shermans in the process. Panthers are, IMHO, the deadliest things on the battlefield in any of the CM games. Even IS-2 and IS-3s could get their clocks cleaned by a regular or veteran Panther crew, while a Tiger would have only about a 25% chance of a victory.

Traitor  tounge_o.gif

I still play OFP, but I've found that my battlefield survivability is very low when I'm playing against Earl, Suchey and Tex.  crazy_o.gif I'd much rather my digitized minions take the hits for me.  biggrin_o.gif

Better a bout of celibacy than poking the next cheap trollop that comes along wink_o.gif

[quote name=placebo,Jan. 03 2004,09:47

Better a bout of celibacy than poking the next cheap trollop that comes along  wink_o.gif

Pffff... it's all good. And it won't give me a disease. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

How come I've never seen it in an EB Games or Gamestop

Its a very small company, and you can only buy it online. But right now CMBB and BO are both now in retail stores, but short on supply from what I've heard.

The thing that annoys me about tanks is that the shermans seem to be far too good for what they are- infantry support tanks. They weren't good at killing other tanks, but in game I've seen a tiger disabled by one (albeit at long range) repeatedly.

I don't think that's unrealistic. I mean, the Sherman didn't kill the Tiger, but I think a 75mm shell into the road wheels would disable just about anything.

I've had Shermans take out Tigers before, but only with rear or lucky flank shots, and only with the loss of many Shermans in the process. Panthers are, IMHO, the deadliest things on the battlefield in any of the CM games. Even IS-2 and IS-3s could get their clocks cleaned by a regular or veteran Panther crew, while a Tiger would have only about a 25% chance of a victory.

sorry, not immobile - disabled by minor penetration or whatever.

I've also seen too many 'veteran' tank crews panic when faced with shermans even though they are in a better tank and, with the enemy only a few metres away, just not fire. All they had to do was fire the damn gun and the sherman would be wasted, but ..... they just looked at it while the sherman fired. This has happened too many times for my liking.

Maybe your expectations of the Tiger outweigh the reality of what they were capable of? The guys who make these games can probably back up all their engine results with real life facts and statistics.

Though I do know what you mean about a good tank taking cover from an inferior tank - I've had ISU-152s with hugely thick frontal armor try and hide from relatively dinky PzIVGs before. crazy_o.gif

I know, I know. It's not the penetration or that per se; its more that the shermans seem to acquire targets faster and fire quicker than my tanks. Which are not always tigers. Even at long range, when the sherman optics are very poor in comparison to most german tanks or assault guns, they still seem to hit very well.

Meh. Probably just me.

I'll probably find the opposite if I play american tank battles more.

I just expect a dug in panzer IV with covered arcs to beat a sherman one on one .. which it doesn't do enough IMO (usually it does... but it should be almost definite IMO)

I've played the series since the CMBO days, but haven't gotten AK yet. Worse yet, I've lost track of my Barbarossa to Berlin disk sad_o.gif

so placebo IS a virgin! tounge_o.gif

Moderating bots aren't programmed with sexual tastes wink_o.gif