Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

This is gona be huge

i was wonderin lokin at the screens on the new site

HOW BIG IS OFP2 GOING TO TAKE ON A CPU

its looks hugh if its anything like ormy operations

i saw somewhere on the forum a thread about using DUAL CPU for flashpoint2. so i think we should throw ours PCs out of a window and buy ourselves some mainframe biggrin_o.gif

i saw somewhere on the forum a thread about using DUAL CPU for flashpoint2. so i think we should throw ours PCs out of a window and buy ourselves some mainframe   biggrin_o.gif

Great! There's a mainframe in my office. biggrin_o.gif

Hey! AVONLADY! you are using your workplace for your own needs?! That's not good. le kiday.

Hey! AVONLADY! you are using your workplace for your own needs?! That's not good.

With permission and on my time, not the company's. I keep the troops at work entertained.

<S>

I'm wetting my pants like a schoolgirl thinking about OFP2, OFP is the best part of 3 years old and I still play eveyday, I cant think of a game that has occupied so much of my time & my life as OFP, OFP2 is gonna kick so much ass, I really cant wait.

Happy New Year all  biggrin_o.gif

@ Jan. 03 2004,17:22)]I'm wetting my pants like a schoolgirl

From my parental experience, schoolboys do it more often.

@ Jan. 03 2004,17:22)]I'm wetting my pants like a schoolgirl

From my parental experience, schoolboys do it more often.

lol

I got a 2.8 Mhz / 512RAM / ATI9700PRO PC for OFP and its cool but still not enought after this game is 3 years old. I play in 1600x1280 resolution with most possible framerate and texture quality. But i have to keep the view distance under 1000m and the terrain quality as low as possible. So there will be no PC on the public market, which can handle OFP with all video option on the highest possible adjustment till OFP2 is released. I hope there will be a PC on the market, which can handle OFP2 at the release date of it lol.

if you're using resistance, go into the options and go into the advanced options and toy around with stuff in there.

Smooth at 1km view distance with the highest possible terrain detail at 1600x1200x32 with max detail.

The terrain undulations are a little unrealistic though, I've never seen terrain so pockmarked

{EDIT} I take the last part back, there's so many more cover opportunities with the terrain set to max. I can play Battlefields smoothly with a little lag, but it's not really noticable.

AMD 2500+

Gigabyte nForce2

1024mb DDR-2700

80 gb SATA

Nvidia GeForce 5900SE 128mb (<love it, best budget card ever)

i was wonderin lokin at the screens on the new site

HOW BIG IS OFP2 GOING TO TAKE ON A CPU

its looks hugh if its anything like ormy operations

They said in an interview that you should be able to run it fine on a 2 ghz, that can change, of course.

Anything like Army Operations? You mean AA:O? Have you played both games? smile_o.gif If so, you would see that they aren't even remotely the same.

AA: Boxed in, small levels, pure MP, no vehicles

OFP: Incredibly large playing area, ability to drive/operate any vehicle...

OFP2 is gonna be huge with an extra 'n' tounge_o.gif

It better be huge. Recent releases of new games have been short. Just hope OFP2 does not follow a similar trend.

Quote[/b] ]It better be huge

Ive got mixed feelings about that, part of me hopes ofp2 will be as big a positive surprise as the first one but part of me hopes it will be crap so I will be able to lead a normal life and not as a (ofp junkie) smile_o.gif

Arrrgh ! I hope i dont need to buy a new PC when OPF2 comes ! If I must I will do it, but only for OPF2 !

Quote[/b] ]but part of me hopes it will be crap so I will be able to lead a normal life and not as a (ofp junkie)

Take that part of you outside, soak it with gasoline, hang it from a tree, ignite it, and then shoot it with 200 rounds of 7.62 bullets. wow_o.gifghostface.gif

Every single time you wait for a second-coming-of-jesus-type game, you'll be disappointed. People will be whining about this and that, probably for a reason but they would have been expecting too damn much.

You'll see when OFP2 will come out, and I'll dig out this old quote of mine. Hope BIS will improve on OFP1 and not try to change too much, especially make it more "accessible" and streamlined. crazy_o.gif

sequels arent necessarily that bad. the problem is, the original game was so good that peoples expectations are about twice as high as the original game. with those kind of expectations it leaves little room for being impressed rock.gif

It will be good, but it cannot have everything that everyone is requesting and wishing for, otherwise it will never get out.

That is what addon makers and mission editors are for. Plus, i would not like to have 10+ installation discs biggrin_o.gif

I have pretty top-of-the-line system. So... I don't think I'll have problems running the game.

Considering that I've been playing OFP now since it was a demo, I don't mind if the recommended specs are for systems that will be top of the line when OFP2 is released. If OFP2 has the same life as OFP, it's only going to be better for the game in the long run.

Axek.

Exactly.

Besides if there ever was a game worthy of buying a new computer for it's Flashpoint. My computer wouldn't be half the specs it was now without OFP wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Every single time you wait for a second-coming-of-jesus-type game, you'll be disappointed

How could it not be better?

You know they are tweaking the game engine and lots of other stuff. And if a bunch of people who don't get paid for it have been able to crank up the origional with all the addons and stuff like the COC engine/arty, ECP and all the other stuff.

How could you then not have faith in the people who made the game in the first place? NOT TO MENTION, those who are getting paidfor it!!??

Riddle me that batman?